Tea

Checkmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     No matter how much Yoona cleansed with tissues or water, the feeling of teeth wouldn't vanish from her lips. But then again, she couldn't rub too hard either, as oppa left a mark in the right corner. She let out a deep sigh. A pathetic crust of dried blood had formed, which didn't hurt as much as the cut that had been there earlier.

     "Damn Jang Geun-suk," she muttered as memories began to flood her brain. 

     How the hell did he dare to run up to her and kiss her like that, right in front of people? Where did he grow the balls to act so intimate with her? But most of all, for whatever ridiculous motive didn't Yoona push him off? 

    The most logical reason she could think of was pure and true shock. Who hadn't become if their oppa came running against them, before jumping on them with his lips causing the first touch? Certain emotions had the impact of freezing time and limbs, while clearing the mind to blankness. 

    Yet, each time a picture of TaecYeon filled her brain, a tsunami of guilt struck and drowned her. Sure, Yoona could put the blame on Geun-suk. But, her own actions hadn't been that great either. If she just had shoved oppa, then she would look a lot more innocent. 

    Nevertheless, the most important phenomenon of the situation would be the consequences and punishment TaecYeon chose to give her. Yoona suspected emotional and mental ejection, following normal feelings of rage and deceit. She had no idea how she would continue their relationship after the forthcoming, verbal war. Even so, would TaecYeon be willing to?

     Perhaps the deception was too big to get passed and the image of her would be changed. There was a huge chance he couldn't see her in the same light from now on. 

     , ottoke?

    A teardrop climbed over the wall of her lid and trickled down her cheek. For the first time in her life, Yoona felt so confused that she became frightened. What if TaecYeon decided to leave her? Now, when she had begun to realize the feelings that stirred whenever he was around.

    With her arms on the counter, Yoona leaned forward and rested her forehead against the cold marble. Several tears erupted and came down her cheeks. The cut stung when one rolled into the corner of . Yoona didn't move a millimeter and just let the pain subside. 

     The door flung open and into the wall behind with a bang. Still, Yoona didn't even flinch in surprise. Her mood was lingering at the floor. She didn't feel the need to make a reaction. The one to do so in her stead was Yuri, fuming with irritation. Yoona could sense her intentions the moment she came into the bathroom. 

     "Yoong, come on, let's go," she urged. 

    But, when she noticed Yoona, her mood switched to concern. Yuri approached her, before putting her arms on her shoulders and giving them a light squeeze. 

     "He was the one doing the kissing, so he's the one responsible," she muttered.

     A calm hand rubbed Yoona on the back in a slow pace. The support her best friend showed helped to end her tears and Yoona wiped her cheeks with the knuckles. 

     "There is the Yoong I know," her friend smiled, which made Yoona grin as well. 

     Even so, the positive atmosphere disappeared as Yuri let her face turn more serious. Yoona felt a lump of nervousness appear in her stomach. 

     "We have to go," she muttered as their gazes met in the mirror, "EunJung is here."

     Yoona froze during a mere second, "What?"

     Her friend nodded, "Yeah, I just found out that she works in the reception."

     "But, I thought she had a job at the other restaurant."

     "I don't know," Yuri shook the head. "What's more disturbing is that oppa brought us here, so we should go before something happens." 

     She agreed, with her instincts almost screaming for her to leave. Yoona nodded and grabbed her things. Then, with Yuri right behind, Yoona left the bathroom and came out in the hall. A few meters ahead stood a thin but high table, which had to be the reception. Fortunate, no one was there and Yuri motioned for her to continute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter