Aftermath

Checkmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     A deep sigh came from as Yoona sunk lower into the divine collection of pillows. Her tense neck and shoulders relaxed at last, which let the headache ease somewhat. Nevertheless, Yoona still didn't feel too good. The soles of her feet screamed in pain for each step, while her guts was in deep protest. This felt like their drinking night all over again. 

    Except, this once, Yoona was settled in the divan, with her fiance just a foot beside her. He too, didn't look to good, lazing around on the wing of the sofa, in loose pants and white tee in front of a movie. Just like her, there were dark circles beneath his eyes. Something else both had experienced this morning was the recurring jogging in and out the bathroom. A quite irritating and exhausting habit. 

     Her stomach was all void. Nothing was kept down. All that drinking from last night sure had left marks. In particular when the ears were concerned. That part of her was out, creating problems for her brain each time slightest noise reached her. A confused and worried mother, the one related to her fiance, running around in the apartment, creating turmoil in close to all the rooms, wasn't the scenario of her dreams at the moment. 

     "Oh darlings, are we fit to prepare a wedding?"

     Uppermost when the reason for her visit wasn't the anxiousness for the health of her child and his future wife. 

     Yoona sighed, before she made attempts to sit up in a more demure position. TaecYeon did the same, but kept the blanket around himself. Yoona grinned when the sight of him came into her field of view. He reminded her of a white brownie with the face popping out from a peaked hat. Too cute. 

     "That's good, Yoona. We should keep on smiling through our pain," Mrs Ok encouraged. 

     Her mood dropped like a stone. Instead, Yoona began to fix the rotated sleeves of her sweater, just to keep herself calm and not lash out at someone. Even though Mrs Ok had nothing to do with her condition, her spirit was drained and she felt too weak to handle the cheerful atmosphere that came from her mother-in-law. Sleep and no contact from the outer world had become her priorities during the past few hours. That included Mrs Ok. 

     "TaecYeon sweetie, turn off that, please," his mother asked. 

    He sighed, indicating his frustration, before the screen went black and he placed the remote on a table at his side. Then, he leaned once more against the backrest with his neck on the edge. With a tired gaze, he looked at Yoona. She gawked back.

     All of a sudden, he wiggled his brows while smiling. Yoona snorted as she tried holding back a bubbling laughter. The sound caused Mrs Ok to look up from the purse she ransacked. She gave Yoona a suspicious glance, who held a hand in front of her grinning mouth. TaecYeon also looked elsewhere, knowing his mother wondered about their behavior. 

     "Well, I think I left some important papers in the kitchen, so I'll be right back."

     Mrs Ok vanished quite soon. A flickering silence fell over the room and Yoona didn't know what to speak about. Her mind was too light to form a topic. But, in the weirdest manner, her fiance took care of the role. 

     Right after she had leaned backwards against the pillows, a pair of white feet showed up in the air, landing in her lap. Yoona just stared at the humps of flesh, before she looked at TaecYeon. He seemed to have fallen asleep, with his eyes closed and breathing slow and calm. Yoona didn't know what to do. She didn't want to wake him, but neither have two pieces of meat, which smelled quite a lot, this close. 

     "Could you massage them for me?" TaecYeon asked with a sweetened voice. 

     Yoona looked at his face, his feet, his face, his feet and went back and forth a couple of times. She frowned, before lifting her right hand and, with her index finger and thumb, grabbed his big toe on the foot closest to her torso. Then, she pushed his feet and legs off herself with a force neither had expected. 

     Literatim, TaecYeon flew and landed on the floor between the sofa and the coffee desk. The last time Yoona checked, which happened to be right before she fell into extreme laughter, TaecYeon stood on his knees and hands. His cute, little perked into the air, towards her. Judging from his corporal language, he was quite surprised. 

    But, there was no silence. What filled the area was the recurring waves of guffawing from Yoona. She had trouble with her breathing and her stomach hurt. Quite soon, TaecYeon joined in, now lying on his back with the blanket over his grinning face.

    Neither appeared to be able to calm down, even when at least half a minute passed. Also, Mrs Ok managed to gather her things from the kitchen and return, before Yoona started to reach a normal state. TaecYeon had gotten up, still grinning like a fool. Mrs Ok sat down in the armchair next to Yoona, but no one made attempts to collected themselves.  

     "Darlings, can we focus on planning a wedding?" Mrs Ok asked with obvious, controlled irritation. "Yours, to be exact." 

     "I'm sorry," Yoona giggled and caught her breath, at las

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter