Good Night

Checkmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Darkness surrounded her while she tiptoed over the wooden floor in the hallway. With each step her feet made, Yoona kept her guard up. She was too starving to go back, yet, she was too scared to head for the kitchen with ease. Probable, a monster waited around each corner Yoona passed. Also, she feared the sleeping beast down the corridor. 

     A grumble surprised her. She paused with one foot still in the air. Then, she waited for at least two or three minutes. But, nothing happened. A deep breath transformed into a sigh, before released. 

     The journey of the famished continued. 

     Yoona felt herself grow more optimistic as she approached her goal. Halfway there, she could even now picture a huge bowl of noodles in front of her, ready to be swallowed with a pair of chopsticks. Maybe some juice with peach taste would go well together with her favorite dish. Otherwise, she could pick water that came in flavors of different kinds of fruits. Strawberries always hit right on target. 

     When she found herself dreaming a little too much, she also noticed drops of saliva at the corner of . Yoona dried her lips faster than lightning, before stopping with her wrist still in action. 

     Yoona stiffened. 

     There, on the floor, was a moving shadow within the borders of a square of light. The glim fell out from the kitchen, which seemed to be occupied by someone. A belch, following a grunt, scared Yoona to her core and she hurried up behind the wall, halting right in front of the entry, where the light came from. With her ears peaked, she listened after clues to whom that stood in her kitchen. 

     Cautious, Yoona tilted forward and glanced past the frame. At first, she didn't see a thing, which forced Yoona to lean even more. Still, there was no view of the person. Mustering up her last courage and facing the risk, she felt determined to steal a peek and bent over, standing on her toes now. But, as Yoona had believed from the start, her balance wasn't poised long enough for her to obtain a nice image of the situation. 

     A loud yelling came from the bottom of her lungs as she plunged and hit the floor. Yoona landed on her thigh, something that wasn't too comfortable. The next moment, a crash echoed in the apartment and frightened her quite so. With big eyes, she looked for the source of whatever that had fallen to pieces, but only met a pair of dark orbs that seemed astounded. 

     Her gaze travelled from his rough nose to a couple of thin but full lips, along his sharp jawbone and up to bold ears. Then, she continued with a long neck, followed by his wide shoulders and chest. She had always known his torso was huge. But, to catch a sight of such in the was more than what Yoona could handle. 

     Red exploded in her face. Her pounding heart went insane, as her palms began to damp. She broke their exchange of gazes, looking away to disguise her inner emotions. Still, Yoona felt his eyes follow her curves and shapes, which made her blush turn worse. All of a sudden, was the word that described her feelings the best. Her oversized tee was like nothing. 

     Then, he sighed. 

     "Damn, you scared the hell out of me."

     He approached her, stopping next to her and reaching out a hand. When Yoona accepted the help, their fingers locked about the others. Her skin tingled a bit as she got up on her feet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter