Denial

Checkmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     "Oh darling, how could this happen?" TaeYeon questioned, the voice filled with concern.

     Yoona saw the rest of the girls shake their heads as her bandaged hand got inspected. Although, the wound didn't bring a lot of nuisance and she could use the left hand, the situation itself was bothersome.

     "I can't believe the police won't even investigate," Jessica stated.

     Sunny agreed, "How can a vase get smeared of mistake? Is that even possible?"

     Her girls said all Yoona had thought of during the last few hours. She found no reason to open as her friends spoke the state of mind she experienced at the moment. Because, the whole situation was ridiculous, in particular when justice was a part of the bigger picture in this matter.

     "Well, TaecYeon oppa promised to do something about this, as the law won't," Yoona muttered before she took a gulp of the red wine.

     "Ah, I knew he was a good match," Jessica commented, triumph written all over her face.

    The choice of words sounded weird in her ears. But, Yoona didn't put too much weight on them, until she noticed TaeYeon giving their mutual friend a warning look. Which meant the statement had more depth than Yoona first expected.

    However, Yoona refused to investigate the girls right now and start drama. Instead, she had to wait for the perfect moment and corner Jessica until words exploded from . Perhaps a bit too cruel plan, but Yoona began to suspect her friends knew more than either appeared to do. Therefore, Jessica would be the first to experience her questions, as she had started the chain of ideas Yoona now suffered.

     "Ladies, here comes the dessert: ice cream with different kinds of berries, all sweet enough to seduce the buds."

    The male waiter carried a black disk around the round table, setting down individual bowls in front of each person. Yoona shone up when she got her order for mint ice cream with chocolate pieces. SooYoung and Jessica recieved vanilla, HyoYeon got dark chocolate, TaeYeon mango and Sunny and Yuri a mix of different citruses.

    Another suited man from the personal showed up next to his colleague and placed a rotatable disk in the center, which contained smaller bowls with various kinds of berries.

     "Delicious," Yoona said with a full mouth.

     SooYou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter