Moment

Checkmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     The clock proceeded ticking, and so did her temper. Was TaecYeon serious? He was the one prompting her to be there on time, and yet, here she was solely. A certain someone acted hypocritical. Not just a little either. 

     Yoona had been waiting for at least half an hour now. In the mean time, she had been off to the ladies' room and checking herself. Everything looked fine, and so her cascades of hair, slightly waved at the ends, falling along one shoulder. The little mascara she wore curled the lashes cutely, and her cheeks were fairly pink from the rogue. Some tints of magenta covered her lips and gave them a bit of color, which clashed with the shade of the gown beautifully. Also, the dress fit so well. Like a second hide. Every curve of her body came forth and her greatest assets were shown off. Yoona felt amazing. 

     However, something was missing, and that was her /fiance. The worst thing was that he wasn't reachable. TaecYeon just wouldn't answer no matter how many times Yoona tried. Eventually, she called his mother. Of course, the older woman had assured that her son was coming. The only thing, just what if he wasn't? 

     "Don't worry, he's probably on his way as we speak," said Mrs Ok.

     Yoona trusted her. But still, no one was here. Now, she began to wonder if she was being stood up. Was this a solution for him, to break up their engagement? Such mindset wasn't impossible. Yoona barely knew TaecYeon, or the way he felt of their situation. They had never talked about the subject, with each other that is. All they did was fight.

     Yet, she didn't want to believe TaecYeon was so cruel that he would dump her publicly. All the guests were already here, waiting in the hotel lounge some floors above, where the event and their formal engagement were to occur. TaecYeon wouldn't do such a thing. Right...?

     Abruptly, Yoona felt a nipping pain below her ribs. Without thought, she flew around while she gave off a loud scream. Her eyes grew, right before her anger did. In front of her, there was a tall man, dressed in a fine black suit, matched with a fit shirt and white tie, grinning. Or, was he just teasing her? Either way, he was awfully late and quite unapologetic. 

     "TaecYeon, where have you been? Everybody has been waiting for you."

     He shrugged, "Yeah, so? I can't steer traffic, which tonight, by the way."

     Yoona sighed, before tiredly shaking the head. "Whatever, let's just go."

     "Ah, wait."

     He grabbed her, all of a sudden, with his arms wrapped round her stomach. Yoona gasped and froze over. She didn't know what to do, but only kept still, feeling something beat against her back. Probably her own heart, but she wasn't that sure. Yoona also felt TaecYeon breathe quite hard against her neck, which caused twinkling sparkles underneath her skin. Caught in the moment, she even shivered a little. His body and chest were not so bad. Actually, he was rather comforting, embracing her like that. Strong and safe. Warmth and gentleness made Yoona melt, despite his broad and thick muscles.

     However, her stubbornness just had to kick in. Gently, Yoona pulled away, to make him realize his actions. Immediately, TaecYeon let her go. The heat Yoona felt disappeared instantaneously. Even slight chills went along her back. If she could, Yoona would have asked him to inarm her again. But they had the relationship the did, for now. 

     "What was that about?"

     TaecYeon stared against the elevators. Her words seemed to catch him offhanded, as he twitched back to reality. Their eyes met, and she gave him a questioning gaze. He sure appeared upset for some reason.

     "What? Oh, nothing special. I just saw a person I don't want to meet right now."

     Yoona turned around. By the lifts, a lady waited. She wore a blue sequin dress, and had a dark bob. Yoona recognized her so much, but couldn't a name her. That was until the young woman looked their way, but she didn't see them. Cold, brown orbs and plump lips got the memories working again.

     She was the receptionist at the restaurant, where Yoona and TaecYeon had met for the very first time! The rude newbie.

     Yoona covered her gaping mouth and tried acting natural. Because something odd was going on. How come TaecYeon knew her? They certainly didn't seem to be in the same circle of people. She appeared to be a lady from the middle class, and not rich and spoiled like them. Yoona couldn't imagine TaecYeon hanging out with someone like her. 

     She was just about to fight out the answers, when TaecYeon put his arm round her shoulders. He started to move forward, against the elevators. Yoona quickly inspected the destination, and found to her relief that woma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter