Punch

Checkmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Yoona almost flew when she felt a hand grasp her upper arm, pulling backwards with a force that frightened her. The other wrist got tugged from the grip her oppa had, which hurt quite a lot. Her shoes wasn't the best ones to keep the balance on and she wobbled, before strong arms placed themselves around her. Yoona looked upwards and saw a darksome TaecYeon staring ahead: right at Geun-suk. 

     With burning orbs and tense muscles, TaecYeon freed her and walked closer to her oppa. 

     The air grew colder for each step a beast took a mature gentleman. The area in the second floor of the club stank of sweat and smoke, mixed with liquor and vomit, which had a nice effect on the dramatic scenario. Darkness made Yoona believe she witnessed how deep TaecYeon breathed, like a bull preparing to attack the matador. Whenever he let out used air, small puffs of fog left the mouth. Viewing such intimidated Yoona to her bones and her legs began to shiver. 

     Careful, she reached out a hand to draw back TaecYeon with ease. But, she was fast and drew herself backwards as both of them stared the other right into the eyes, just a few inches from one another. 

     Round number 1 had begun. 

     "You know, as the complete stranger you are to me, you shouldn't be too intimate with the fiancee of a certain someone."

     Geun-suk looked as if a tongue of ice him down the spine. However, just the gaze exposed his feelings, which Yoona noticed when he faced her with obvious accusation. She didn't know how to act. Instead, TaecYeon did and tightened his fists white, and Yoona became more nervous than ever. He was mad, for real. 

     "Excuse me? Geun-suk asked with a confidence that popped up from nowhere and didn't seem to please TaecYeon. 

     In the matter of a second, TaecYeon managed to step back and gather his strength, before he rammed his knuckles into the face of his rival. Yoona jerked in surprise when a bang echoed in the clear room as Geun-suk landed on a few staircases ahead of a dark bar. Her pulse ran off into ultraspeed when her oppa didn't move for a while. Somehow, Yoona managed to order her neck to face TaecYeon, who didn't show the slightest remorse. On the other hand, he was still ticked off. 

     Even so, Yoona didn't feel a grain of fear when she herself exploded. 

     "What the hell?!" she roared. 

     The suddenness of her loud voice pulled TaecYeon from his trance of anger. He flinched, before looking at her with surprise painted over the face. 

     "Pardon?"

     "You heard me, witless and stupid idiot!"

     More than so didn't come out from her as she put all her focus onto her oppa, whose lids began to flutter open. Yoona went down and kneeled next to Geun-suk. With a light touch, she felt the skin on his forehead against her fingertips. She continued the search over his temples and then between his brows. When she reached the middle of his nose, Geun-suk made a hiss and covered the pained area with his two hands. 

     "Is oppa alright?" she mumbled. 

     Geun-suk acted brave and nodded a little, despite his anguished expression, "Yeah. Or at least, I will be."

     Then, he began to sit up. Yoona was quick with aiding, while looking over her shoulder to see if more punches were coming swinging at either of them. However, TaecYeon had disappeared. That made Yoona release a deep sigh of relief. Oppa didn't need more harm, Geun-suk had to grab a cab home. Even though he showed no wounds, Geun-suk would be quite dazed in the following morning. A bruise or two was bound to reveal itself within the next few hours. Therefore, he was better off in bed than here with her. 

     "Come oppa, let's go home," she muttered and placed his left arm over her shoulders.

     He nodded a bit slow, "Yeah, we should do that."

    On the count of three, Geun-suk came to stand while leaning himself against Yoona for support. When he walked, his feet got tangled up and both almost fell over. Yoona managed to save both oppa and herself from another unhappiness. 

     Five minutes later, Yoona had gotten Geun-suk down the flight of stairs that was the link between the first and the second dancefloor. He still had troubles walking and seemed asleep once in a while. Therefore, Yoona became so glad when Yuri came towards her with arms fit to help. 

    "We need to call for a taxi. He won't be able to go home on his own," Yoona explained when their little gathering moved onwards, against the exit. 

     "I did a few minutes ago. There's one waiting outside right now," her friend answer with a smile. 

     Yoona returned a glance of gratefulness, before Geun-suk almost fell again. Their moment of true friendship got ruined, but all kept going. Fumbling and faltering, Yoona and Yuri managed to get Geun-suk into the cab before he got sent off. Despite a quite dramatic evening, he even thanked her for the invitation, excluding the blow to his face. 

     "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter