Chapter 7

To Live for Something

 

“that not brave! That’s stupid! Hell the bravest thing ive ever done is keep on living, when all I wanted to do was die!”

Minho buried his head in his hands and kept going back to that one line. His heart dropped, he had no idea. He barely knew the boy, but now, he knew that he could be so destructive. Especially after he had sent jonghyun over to check on him.

“he was ok but a little beat up” jonghyun had explained

“beat up?” minhos eyes went wide “what happened?”

“he just smashed his mirror so his hand was cut up but he seemed like he was alright”

Minho nodded and pressed his lips together.

He wanted to go over himself, he actually went for it but stopped at the end of the hall and ran back to his apartment having almost gone into another attack. He couldn’t call, neither of them had a phone which worried him, but the thing that worried him most was that he had made taemin angry, he had screwed up any possibility of being a friend, or more, with taemin.

“im heading out, you okay here?” jonghyun said at the door, minho nodded and went back to pretty much kicking himself repeatedly for getting angry with taemin.

.

Jonghyun left and headed straight for taemins, why? Onew.

Onew had promised to help him with his ‘issues’ and he was going over to see what onew could do about today, key had invited him over to his house, and jonghyun was nervous as hell, even though he ignored it all because to him, he wasn’t gay.

“onew?” jonghyun called once he knocked, onew and taemin had told him that he needed to call out whenhe came over because the building had a lot of shady people in it.

“onew?” he called again and the door swung open to show onew standing there smiling

“sorry I was in the bathroom” he smiled warmly and saw that jonghyun looked nervous “jonghyun, don’t be nervous-“

“who said I was nervous!?” jonghyun snapped “oh- sorry”

Onew hid his laugh and shrugged “tired then?”

Jonghyun nodded and puffed out his cheeks as he exhaled in relief.

“ok well before I help you out can you help me get taemin out of the hole he is in? he keeps beating himself up for getting angry” onew smiled and motioned to taemin who was on the couch with his head in his hands.. just like minho was when jonghyun left.

“minho?” jonghyun said in a fake surprised voice and taemin looked up at the name with wide eyes “oh- taemin. Sorry its just you’re both looking the same”

“what?” taemin said confused

“you know… beating your selves up all day, go and see him!” jonghyun smiled with his hands on his hips

“I cant! He will hate me!” taemin looked away and jonghyun scoffed

“he thinks you hate him”

“why?”

“you stormed out” taemin blushed and jonghyun sat next to him with a smile, taemin liked jonghyun, he had ignored the fact that taemin wasn’t exactly ‘stable’ and he was so lively to be around.

“oh-“

“yea, so go over, because you know he wont come here” taemin pressed his lips together and looked away thinking.

“jonghyun” onew clapped “shall we go, its almost ten” jonghyun jumped up and smiled, pulling taemin up with him they headed outside.

“uh- im in my pjs-“

“shhh its fine” onew laughed as they got out on the street.

“ok we should start walking and talking, tae, go see minho please, it will be fine” he smiled and taemin pouted. The three said their goodbyes and taemin stayed still as the two walked off towards keys house.

.

Taemin wanted to run back inside but he knew he had to go over because he knew just as much as jonghyun that it would be a miracle if minho even made it to his studio.

With a cute huff he started walking to minhos building. He went to minhos apartment and knocked on the door. He was nervous and scared out of his mind but didn’t want to run away now, he couldn’t live with himself if he did.

“hello?” minho said as he opened the door, suddenly he froze and stared at the small boy in front of him.

“uh- sorry- I mean hi” taemin fidgeted nervously and avoided minhos gaze

Something took over minho and he suddenly found himself hugging the boy, taemin squeaked as he was embraced and eventually relaxed into the hug, glad that he wasn’t hated.

.

“so his house is just around the corner, you ok?” onew said as they stopped at the intersection.

“yea” jonghyun said looking at the house “no” he finally admitted

“you can do it” onew smiled and jonghyun looked down

“it wont be awkward ok, its only for the day right?”

Jonghyun nodded

“then it will be fun, go ahead, act normally, like you do all the time” onew patted his head and waved goodbye, leaving jonghyun there by himself.

Jognhyun took a deep breath and headed towards keys house.

It was a cute little house, well-kept garden and a neat looking house too, he liked it already.

He walked up to the door and knocked nervously. Still kicking himself for being nervous in the first place.

 The door opened to show key smiling at jonghyun with a bright smile, that melted jonghyuns heart though he wouldn’t accept it. Key waved cutely and opened the door to let jonghyun in.

“hey” he smiled “how’ve you been?” they hadn’t seen one another since the scene and minhos with taemin, but they were happy to be together again.

Key smiled with his thumbs up and led jonghyun into the lounge room, which was very bright, very… key.

“I love your house key, it suits you” jognhyun sat on the couch and key sat next to him with a white board handy

‘thankyou’ key smiled ‘its was the best I could get at the time’

“really? So do you have a job?”

Key shok his head

“really?” he laughed “I have one and I cant afford somewhere like this”

‘I have money from a fund my parents set up’ key wrote

“oh”

‘so are you hungry or thirsty at all?’

“thirsty I guess, if its not a bother” key shook his head and walked to the kitchen, jonghyun in tow.

‘water?’ key wrote and jonghyun nodded

As he filled the glass jonghyun noticed that there wasn’t any family pictures

“key?” he asked and key looked up as he put some ice into the glass “you don’t hang any family pictures?”

Key went to speak but couldn’t then hung his head in shame, only to realise that he was overdoing the ice and it was now tumbling onto the floor, he jumped and dropped the glass in the process, letting it smash on the floor.

Jonghyun spun around and saw the ice and glass on the floor, he jumped into action and rushed over to key who was about to pick up some broken glass.

“don’t’” jonghyun caught his hand and stood him up “ill do it okay?”

Key hesitated but nodded and stepped back as jonghyu cleaned up the broken glass.

When he was done, there was only ice left and key decided to help with the ice.

Jonghyun smiled when key knelt beside him and started picking up ice cubes.

“you’re clumsy aren’t you” he asked with a obvious chuckle

Key smiled, blushed and nodded, jonghyun laughed and continued cleaning.

Key got an idea when he saw jonghyuns tag poking out the top of his shirt, he got a piece of ice and stealthily dropped it down hi top. He smiled and laughed silently when jonghyun shot up and arched his back when the ice hit his back, hew wriggled around awkwardly and got the ice out then gave key a playful glare, to which key just shrugged and gave a ‘ I didn’t do it’ look.

Jonghyun laughed and shook his head as he held another ice cube and went for key, but he stepped wrong on the wet floor and slipped onto his . When he looked up, key was clutching his stomach and laughing silently, it was like one of those romantic movies where the sound goes out and its just the picture of the perfect person laughing with a brilliant smile.

Jonghyun didn’t realise he was staring till they made eye contact and both blushed hard then looked away.

“I should go cry by ” jonghyun sai to change to topic and stood up, key smiled, blushed and nodded.

Jonghyun smiled at his cuteness before leaving to go to the bathroom to dry his now wet .

Key stared after him and when the door closed he sighed silently to himself, still sore from laughing so hard. He finished cleaning the ice and water and made another glass of water, set it on the table and sat down. He pulled out his phone and pulled up jonghyuns cell phone number, he changed to name from ‘jonghyun’ to ‘jongie J’

I like him but… he probably doesn’t like me

“all dry” jonghyun asid as he came to sit down with a now dry , key smiled and waved.

I don’t like him, I don’t like him not like like, I do not like like this perfect being whatsoever

Jonghyun repeated to himself as he took a sip of his water and smiled at key.

Some people would say that jonghyun was in severe denial.

___________________________________________________________________

just a short cute chapter, another will be up soon, promise

btw onew will get someone ;) soon enough, i have this all planned

please tell be what you think?

comment and subscribe :)