High School (1)

Because of you...Oh Sehun

* Flashback *
March 1st, 2010, Monday,7.45 am

 

''Sweetie, stop pulling your uniform, you will have wrinkles on it..'' my mom said as she pulled my hand away.

''Arasso..'' I said.

It's orientation day for the new batch of students that will be studying in Seoul High School of Performing Arts or Seoul Art High School, or in short SOPA, and I am one of them.

My father drops me and my mom at the entrance of the school, he couldn't come with me, since he will need to make a short trip to Incheon for his meeting.

''Wow..your school is really amazing _____-ah..'' my mom said in an exciting tone with her eyes looking around.

I nodded, and take a look at the brochure handed to me earlier when we entered the school, it says -Hall 1- 8.15 am - Speech to be given by Mr Lee Tak Joon ( Principal), I look at my watch at its already 7.56.

I nudge my mom, ''Omma, we need to get to Hall 1''I told her.

''Okay..'' she said and we started walking pass a hallway. Where the hell is the hall?

''Excuse me? Are you finding for the hall?'' a male student asked us.

''Yes, can you show us where is it?'' my mom asked.

''Sure, ma'am, I'm Kim Jongin, I'm a 2nd-year student here..'' the student said. Jongin-shi, he is my senior then.

''_____-ah, where are your manners? Shouldn't you introduced yourself to your sunbae?'' my mom said. She is embarrassing me.

''Anyeonghasseyo, I'm Moon _____'' I said.

He nodded.

''This way, ma'am.,'' he said as he points to the hall at the end.

''Thank you, son..'' my mom said, and somehow she got really excited when she was looking at the hall.

''What is it, omma?'', I asked.

She didn't reply to me, but she called out ''Jieun!'', Jieun who is that? and the lady standing beside the column wave to our direction, I assume that she is Jieun.

''Yejin!'' the lady called out my mom's name and give her a hug. Woah, I didn't expect that, they must be really close, as I walk behind her, I notice that Jongin sunbae was following me. What does he want? Is he a stalker?

''Is this Sehun? Aigoo, the last time I saw you, you were just this tall, and now you are a head taller than me..''my mom said as she looks at the boy standing next to the lad wearing the same uniform as mine.

''Anyeonghasseyo..'' the boy greeted and showed my mom a smile.

''__________-ah, come here..'' my mom ordered me and I stand beside her.

''Then this must be _____right?'' the lady said with a smile.

''Anyeonghasseyo..'' I greeted. She must be one of my mom's friend but I didn't pay attention, cause my eyes were on her son, I have to say that he is very good looking, tall, and fair, too fair for a boy I think.

''______-ah, still remember my friend and her son? Both of you used to play with each other..'' my mom said. Really when?.

''Aigoo, Yejin, how can she remember, they were around 4 back then..'' the lady said. Yeah, mom, I was four.

''So is _____ here for orientation?'' the lady asked, and my mom nodded.

''Good then, Sehun is here for it as well, so you two will be schoolmates, or maybe classmates'' she said excitingly. There are more parents heading to the hall with their child,''Let's get in..''my mom said as she walks with Sehun's mom, now this is awkward, I don't know what to do, ''Hi, I'm Oh Sehun..''he said and took out his hand.

''Hello, I'm Moon _____'' I said, and shook his hand.

''I see that you've had already make a new friend..'' I hear a voice behind me, and its Jongin. Is he talking to me?

''Oh, hello, Jongin hyung!'' Sehun answered him. They both knew each other? I questioned and look at them.

''Yea, we know each other.,''Jongin said. Dang, it! How does he know I was going to ask that.

''Come on, both of you, let's go check your name..'' he said as he lead us into the hall.

There are teachers walking around, probably doing a last minute check for the orientation, some were talking to parents, and students, and then I spot my mom, she is sitting with Sehun's mom, they were both chatting, and laughing somehow, they must have not seen each other for very long.

''You alright?'' Sehun asked me.

''Yes, I'm fine..'' I answered.

''Now lets see, which class are you in, Oh Sehun, ''...'' Jongin sunbae mumbled and pointed Sehun's name in class 1-C.

''_____-shi,what about you?''Jongin sunbae asked.

''I'm in 1-C also, above Sehun-shi..'' I said as I point at my family name '' Yay! He is my classmate.

''Great then, you guys will be classmates erm..now you guys should sit at that row..''Jongin sunbae pointed at the 3rd row of chairs in the left side of the hall.

''Thank you, Jongin sunbae..'' I said and give him a bow.

''Ah, ah, ah..call me Jongin oppa, if you are Sehun's friend, then you are my friend also.,'' he said. I nodded.

So what's their relationship? friends? cousins?. We went to the row of chairs that Jongin asked us to go to, and every chair has our name on it, according to the name list I assume which means I get to sit beside him.

It's around 8.15 by then but it seems like the principal hasn't shown up yet. It was just an awkward silence between the two of us, I look at the empty seat beside me, and it says Lee Minhyuk on it. So, where is this boy? already late for the first day of school?. Where is the principal??Come out now, so that it won't be this awkward.

I wonder what omma is doing? I decided to take a look at the back where my mom and Sehun's mom is sitting at, and when I turn, Sehun turns his head as well, which causes us to bump our foreheads.

''Ouch..''I cried while rubbing my forehead. ''Sorry..''Sehun said as he is rubbing his own forehead also.

''No no, it's not your fault..'' I said.

''They look like they are really close huh?'' he asked.

''Sorry?'' I asked.

''Your mom and my mom.,'' he repeated.

''Yeah, they must have not seen each other for really long..'' I added.

''Are you sure you can't remember me?'' he asked.

''Huh?'' I responded. He can remember me?

''You used to hit me, with your teddy bear, you know.,'' he said and giggled a little.

What? I did not! or did I?

'Did I?'' I asked.

''Mm-hmm..'' he said. Shoot! How can I hit him?

''Sorry..'' I said.

''For what?'' he asked.

''For hitting you with my teddy bear?'' I said. He chuckled. What's that suppose to mean?