Chapter Eight

One Moment Is Enough

    Sungjong walks ahead with his head hangs low. He knows that he had done wrong, if it weren’t his fault they wouldn’t have to meet the principal today. They walk into the principal office and they each take a seat. The old man stare at them with his straight face, the boys already know it’s going to be hard to convince him.
    “So who wants to explain why weren’t you guys here yesterday?” the principal starts off.
    Everyone remain quiet.  
    “Why was Sungjong the only one at school, but was trying leave right when school barely started?”
    “We just didn’t want to come to school,” Sungyeol simply answer, a typical student’s answer.    
    “Sorry…we spent a night together and woke up late so we just thought we shouldn’t have came to school,” Sunggyu explains.
    “I wasn’t with them so I just thought I should check on them cause I didn’t see them,” Sungjong adds why he was at school.
    “Very convincing now you all detention after school in room A2 a list will be posted to what needs to be done,” none of the boys want to smile or say anything. Never were they in trouble or have gotten caught. They all secretly send death glares to Sungjong.
    “And Woohyun, rumors going around saying that you’re dating Lee Chohee?” the principal asks.
    The boys stare at the principal, why in the world does he wants to know for? It’s none of his business.
    “She wasn’t at school yesterday…so if she is your girlfriend, mind telling me did she skips school along with you guy?”
    “I was not with her yesterday,” Woohyun lowly speaks. Where is she? Woohyun starts to worry. It is just a natural instinct to have the anxious feeling for someone you know.  

    The boys are dismiss from the principal office a minute before the bell rings.  
    “You didn’t see her yesterday?” L asks.  
    Woohyun shakes his head, clueless of where she’s at.  
    “No need to worry. She not five anymore,” Sunggyu pats Woohyun’s shoulder.
    The bell rings as they all walk to their first period.
    Throughout the whole day, Woohyun’s mind was accompany with Chohee’s whereabouts. While walking to room A2 he looks possessed.  
    “Yah…Woohyun you’re late,” Sunggyu scolds him.
    “Actually Woohyun, you’re excuse from detention, Mr. Ma called that you’re needed at the corporation,” the staffs in the room speaks., fumbling through the stacks of paper in front of her.  
    “No fair, I’m needed at…,” Hoya throws a pencil at Sungyeol’s head before he could finish his lies. Sungyeol glares at Hoya, rubbing his forehead at where the sharp pencil hit him.
    “Alright then I’m off. Sorry guys,” Woohyun waves before he leaves, though the reason why they were all in detention was him but the corporation was his first priority now. He can’t let his parent down.  
    “Lucky him,” Dongwoo pouts.
    “Chohee-noona,” Sungjong calls, surprise to see her.  
    Chohee looks up, didn’t know why they are there nor why they are surprise. She didn’t even know why in the world would she get detention for not feeling like coming to school.
    “Um…Woohyun-hyung just…” Sungjong starts but stops once he sees Woohyun at the door, he stops.
    Chohee stares at him in confusion, he needs to make himself clear, finish what’s he going to say.
    “Chohee,” Chohee hears her name being call and she knows that voice.
    She slowly turns her head and finds Woohyun breathing quite heavy, must have been running. She just stands there, waiting for something to be done.
    “She’s going with me,” Woohyun tells the staff after a moment of sinking in that Chohee’s in front of him.
    “Alright…I’ll excuse her.”
    “No fair,” Sungyeol complains again while the others just cross their arms waiting for their punishment.
    Woohyun walks in and reaches for her wrist and pulls her, “let’s go.”
    Chohee winces in pain. She was limping the whole day and now he’s going all rough on her.
    “Chohee-noona,” Sungjong calls seeing her painful expression and her limping trying to catch up with Woohyun. Woohyun is leading so he couldn’t see what’s behind him.
    Woohyun stops when he hears Sungjong calls her. They both turn.
    “Noona you’re…,” Sungjong sees Chohee’s facial expression is telling him not to talk about it, “hyung take care of noona. Don’t yell at her.”
    “What makes you think I’m going to yell at her?” Woohyun asks.
    “Just saying,” Sungjong says looking away, hopefully Woohyun buys that lie.
    Chohee lets out a breath of relief and Woohyun just continues to pull her out.
    “Doesn’t he knows how to be any gentler?” Dongwoo asks, feeling Chohee’s pain.
    “Why is she limping?” Hoya asks.
    “She must have gotten hurt,” L suggests, whiling looking like he’s daydreaming.
    
    Chohee tries her best to catching up with Woohyun’s pace. He is walking so fast without realizing that he’s dragging someone along. Not his fault that he doesn’t know she’s in pain. Chohee finally stops and pulls her hand out from his grip. Woohyun turns around to see her face. Still beautiful as ever, but she seems to tired.
    “Can’t you go any slower,” she says, not sounding angry.
    “You didn’t ask,” he looks at her.
    “I’m not going with you,” she says, not taking a step.
    Knowing how Woohyun is, she’s pretty sure if Woohyun sees her limp he wouldn’t leave her alone. So she has to wait until he’s gone.
    “Let’s see then,” Woohyun smirks and walks to her side.
    “What are you doing?” she looks at him strangely.
    He bends down and lifts her up bridal styles.
    “What are you doing? Put me down now,” she demands to get down.
    “Make me,” he tighten his grips on her.
    Woohyun purposely lightly throws her in the air and catches her again. Chohee got scares and wraps her hands around his neck.
    “I see you’re liking it as well,” Woohyun jokes.
    Chohee is about to pulls her hand away, but Woohyun threatens her, “If you dare to remove your hands I’m going to lock you up in my room tonight.”
    Chohee slowly sets her hands back in its place and look away.
    “Let me down,” she coldly speaks, trying to stay calm with the close distance between them.
    “Do you think I’ll let my girlfriend limp all the way to my car,” Woohyun speaks before walking off.
    She stares at him speechless, how did he know? He was walking miles per hour earlier, acting like he didn’t know.
    “I can see you know, I’m not blind. I was just waiting for you to complain, but eventually you didn’t,” Woohyun speaks as he walks.  
    Chohee stays still, frozen. Still sinking in his actions. She must have underestimate him way too far.

    Woohyun sets her into his car and drives off to Nam Corporation. Once arrives, he carries her inside.
    “Put me down,” she shots him some death glares.
    “I’m use to those glares now,” she just didn’t know how happy he is right now.
    Everyone is staring as they walk into the elevator and into his office room. Woohyun gently sets her down onto the couch. His touch is now way different than earlier, when it was as angry as she has taken something precious from him.
    “Now tell me how you got that sprained ankle,” Woohyun leans down and traps her. His hands are at her sides in contact with the top back of the couch.
    “Not your business,” she looks to the side. It’s nothing that concerns a stranger like him.
    “How is it not my business? If you’re going to say that you’re my fake girlfriend or that I’m just your fake boyfriend then forget it. I still have the right to know.”
    “Like I care. Still not your business,” she keeps her face turning side way.
    “If you don’t tell me why…I’m going to make you my official girlfriend.”
    She turns to him and squints her eyes as she slowly moves back giving some space in between them.
    “Still it doesn’t concern you,” she just don’t get it. Why is he butting into her life so much?
    “Okay fine, don’t ever call yourself my fake girlfriend anymore,” Woohyun backs off and puts his hands in the air before letting it falls down to his side.
    “As my official girlfriend there are different rules for you to follow,” he starts, “as my fake one, you’re only there to pretend in front of everyone, but as my real one in front or behind, you’re all mine.”
    “Yah…Nam Woohyun,” Chohee grabs the cushion next to her and throws it at him.
    Woohyun catches it, “I told you,” he flashes his cheesy smile.  
    Chohee sends him her cold stares, “you’re still cute no matter what,” Chohee sees him winks at her and she immediately turns away.
    She hates the feeling that he always makes her feel. Each time she is with him, butterflies dance in her stomach, each time he leans closer, she burns like the fire, whenever he whispers to her ear her breath shorten.
    Woohyun chuckles knowing she’s blushing already. He walks to his desk continuing on his work from the previous night.

    Chohee sits on the couch, bored. Perhaps, she memorized all the details in his office room.
    “I want to go,” she lazily looks at him.
    Woohyun looks up from his paperwork and looks at her.
    “Sorry…just let me finish this. It won’t be that long I just have a few left,” he smiles, he can tell that she is bored to death.
    Chohee then turns back around and plays with her fingers.    
    Woohyun glances at Chohee to check on her, he can see her blowing her bangs out of her face and shifting for a comfortable position. He smiles and looks back down to his work, but his eyes caught something on the side. He sees the invitation that he received yesterday from Mr. Shin. He lets out a breath before getting out his phone and send a quick text message and walks over to Chohee.
    
    Chohee sits there staring off into spaces and is taken a back when Woohyun shows up in front of her. She looks at him with a questioning look.
    “Let’s go,” he bents down to carry her.
    She pushes him away.
    “What’s wrong?” he looks at her confuse.
    “Where are you going?” Chohee doesn’t want to go anywhere else with him.
    “Were going…,” Woohyun stops when he hears her phone rings.
    She looks at him frighteningly then away.
    “Aren’t you going to answer it?” he asks.
    “No I don’t want to.”
    “Alright let’s go then,” he says.
    Her phone rings again. Chohee annoyingly takes out her phone, checks the quick message, and sighs.
    “Who is it?” Woohyun doesn’t want to ask, but he can’t restrain himself.
    “None of your business,” she quickly puts her phone away.
    “Let me see,” he tries to grab the phone before she fully puts it away.
    “Are you cheating on me?” he questions, when she tries her best to hide the phone from him.
    “If that’s what you believe,” she says, “can I go now?”
    “If you tell me who just texted you?” he crosses his arm like a little boy.
    “Very funny…I’ll go myself,” she stands up, but then he wipes her off the floor the minute she is in her straight posture.
    “Since you won’t tell me, you got to spend the day with me,” he smirks at her.
    Chohee looks away, why him?
    Woohyun walks to the door and adds, “and since you ignored me for these few days I’m going to lock you up with me for tonight.”