Chapter Twenty Three

One Moment Is Enough

    Chohee hears her name being call countless times, but she’s careless of who it’s from and why. She is just hoping to not be found by him, because she’s not in the mood to play hide and seek with anyone. She keeps her pace knowing that he can spy her anytime, but she’ll leave it up to fate whether she’ll encounter with him or not. The next second she feels a tug and did not need a second thought to know whom it’s from.
    “Hear me out,” she remains unmoved.
    “What you saw isn’t exactly what you think it is?”
    “You can stop,” she turns to face him.
    She can tell he’s tire from running and she immediately starts to feel bad. Instead of just meeting up with him and sort it out, she had wasted much of his time again.
    “Head back to your office and work.”
    “There’s nothing…”
    “It doesn’t matter. Just return. I know you have a lot to handle.”
    Woohyun remains silent until he figures that she doesn’t care about what she saw.
    “I just want to apologize…”
    “There’s no need to…” Woohyun leans in to give her a quick peck on her lips.
    “Let me speak,” he smiles, “sorry that I let her hugged me…”
    Chohee opens and upon seeing Woohyun smirks, she immediately remains silent.
    “But anyways…I remember clearly that you volunteered to help me if you were keeping me from too much work. Am I wrong?”
    Chohee scans through her memories and comes across what she told him yesterday.
    “You need to rest; you can work later. I promise I will help you the whole day tomorrow if I’m holding you back from too much work,” she drags him inside again without thinking.
    On the second thought, she wishes she never had said that.
    
    “You’re taking too long, so you must remember,” Woohyun searches for her hand.
    She hides her hands behind her back, “I don’t.”
    Woohyun retrieves his hands back into his pocket and smiles, “I know you do.”
    She shakes her head.
    “Should I remind you then?”
    Chohee raises an eyebrow confuse to what he’s getting at. When she sees him leaning in, she figures and dodges pushing him away. He quickly wraps his arms around her waist pulling her in.
    “Have you eaten?” he asks.
    “Have you?”
    Woohyun shakes his head like a five-years-old, pouting.
    “You don’t need to know,” he stops shaking his head and looks at her.
    “Are you playing with me?” she shakes her head.
    “Are you sure?” she nods.
    “Fine…you still have to help me today.”
    “Why?”
    “You volunteer yourself, plus no one knows what to do beside you.”
    “What do I know to do that others don’t?”
    “Making my heart race nonstop.”
    Chohee blushes turning her face away wanting to take back what she asked.
    “Adding on, the only one that…”
    “Enough…,” she mumbles.
    Woohyun smiles, “look at me then.”
    She refuses to.
    “Jealous that you weren’t the first one hugging me this morning?”
    She pushes him away, “you wish.”
    “I do,” he catches up to her and laces their fingers together.
    “Let’s grab something to eat before returning back to the office.”
    “Who said I’m returning with you?”
    “Your heart,” he touches her heart with his index finger and she pushes it away.
    “Not at all.”
    “The more you deny it, the more I know it’s right.”
    “What do you want to eat?”
    He chuckles, knowing she wants to drift away from the topic, “anything is fine.”
    “Let’s eat actual food since you need something good in your stomach to keep your health…” she happens to glance at him while looking around for a shop and stops talking.
    “I told you, you care for me like how I care for you.”
    “Let’s get something there,” she points and leads the way.
    “You’re denying it again…,” he sings close to her.
    She ignores him and enters the shop buying a few items, ordering a few trays of foods.
    “Why are you buying so much?”
    “Because at your work place there isn’t only you and me.”
    “Don’t you wish it’s like that though?”
    Chohee walks away from him searching through the aisle.

    “Here, you’re paying for it,” Chohee hands him the basket of food.
    He grabs it from her and heading toward the cashier. Chohee walks over to the window to pick up her trays of food. She makes Woohyun carries all the bags of food while she walks in front.
    “Just wait until I have a free hand,” he yells at her.
    She pretends to admire the scenery, breathing in the morning air. Woohyun follows behind, admiring the beauty before him. Each steps she takes, each breathe she breathes, he wants to witness it all.

    Chohee opens Woohyun’s office door and is welcome with seven people, the rest of Woohyun’s friends and Chorong.
    “Morning, Chohee,” Sunggyu says and the rest greet her.
    “What are you all doing here?” Woohyun asks, setting down the bags on the side table.
    “Visiting you,” Sungyeol says.
    “Out of all the days you guys pick today?”
    “Are we interrupting something?” Hoya asks out of curiosity.
    “Of course,” Woohyun jokes, “mind going back home now?”
    “You guys can stay for breakfast, Woohyun brought enough for everyone.”
    “Did you know that they were coming?” Woohyu looks at Chohee.
    She shakes her head and when Woohyun looks at his friends, they give him some blank expression.
    “I’m hungry…I was drag here early so I want my food,” L heads toward the bags Woohyun set on the table and sits back down with a tray of food.
    “Smells good,” he smiles before eating.
    “Come,” Chohee says as they all dig in.
    “Chorong-noona aren’t you hungry?” Sungjong asks.
    She sits quietly on her spot with an innocent face but her blood is boiling in the inside.
    “Here,” Sungjong hands a tray to her.
    “No thanks,” she smiles.
    Sungjong returns and hands it to Dongwoo who never stands away from his spot since they reached the Nam Corporation. Everyone eat happily except for Chorong. After finishing, Chohee and the others clean up as Woohyun returns to work.
    
    “So what can we do now?” Sunggyu asks as everyone return from throwing the trashes away except for Chohee.
    “What do you want to do?” Woohyun looks up from his desk.
    “Actually I don’t want to do anything,” Sungyeol says, “I just don’t want to stay home and hear my parents nag me all day. Uh…you don’t know how dreadful those lectures are.”
    “Then you should return home,” Woohyun says.
    “Hyung,” Sungyeol whines.
    “Alright, do whatever you want, just don’t blame me if your parents come looking for you here. I’m not covering anything up for you,” Woohyun warns.
    “Nor am I, ok?” Sunggyu clarifies.
    “Alright,” Sungyeol smiles.
    “I can help tidying up your desk,” Chorong grabs a chair and sits next to Woohyun.
    “There’s no need to,” Woohyun smiles.
    “It’s alright, there’s nothing to do. So I might as well do something,” she starts to fumble with his stuffs.
    Woohyun looks up at his friend and they shrug at him.
    “Um…I’ll go check on Chohee,” Hoya volunteers and walks out the door.
    
    Chohee bumps into Wooyoung after returning from the ladies room.
    “Do you have a second to talk?” Wooyoung asks.
    “What else is there to talk about?”
    “Is there anything that I need to know?” Wooyoung asks.
    Chohee shakes her head, “I should be the one asking you. Did you keep your promise?”
    “What makes you think I didn’t keep my promise?”
    “Never mind.”
    “Chohee…,” Hoya calls running up to them, “sorry did I interrupt anything?”
    “No…you didn’t interrupt anything at all,” Wooyoung smiles.
    “I was just checking to see where you’re at,” Hoya turns to Chohee then turns to Wooyoung, “are you here to talk with Woohyun?”
    “I just have a few things I want to discuss with him.”
    “I’m heading back first then,” Chohee announces and leaves first while they trail along.
    
    Chohee opens the door and the first thing she spies is Chorong sitting next to Woohyun. Then she looks to the left seeing the other five lying on the couch somewhat uncomfortable. She knows better than to interrupt Chorong so she lets her be and walks over to join the five.
    “Morning Woohyun,” Wooyoung walks over greeting with a hand shake.    
    “Morning too.”
    “If you don’t mind can we talk for a second,” he says, “my dad has a few words for me to pass down about the new project.”
    “Sure…,” Woohyun stands up, “if you don’t mind let’s head to another room.”
    “No problem,” Woohyun heads out the door to another room where they can talk in private.
    
    As soon as they leave and the door clicks, Chorong’s phone rings.
    “Daddy?” her uncertain voice grabs the attention of the other seven in the room, but of course each and everyone act like they mind their own business.
    Chorong peeks at the others before walking out f the room.
    “What do you mean you want me to come back home now? You have something important? Can’t it wait? Alright…,” Chorong pouts returning into the room.
    “Please tell Woohyun that I have to return home,” Chorong announces.
    “Sure,” Sunggyu smiles.
    After a good five seconds eyeing Chohee, Chorong leaves.
    
    Chohee feels her phone vibrates and checks her message. To not make it a misunderstanding, she waits for ten minutes before saying anything.
    “I’m tired, so I’m heading back home. Tell him to not follow me I want to rest,” Chohee stands up.
    “Alright then…we’ll let Woohyun know too,” Sunggyu says and she leaves.
    “Weird,” L comments once the door shuts.
    “What’s weird?” Hoya asks.
    “Them both leaving.”
    “How?”
    L shrugs his shoulders, “just felt like it.”
    “Still have some feeling left for her?” Sunggyu turns to Dongwoo who remains quiet.
    “Just uncomfortable,” he admits.
    “You did great,” Sungyeol pats his shoulder.
    They hear the door clicks open and Woohyun and Wooyoung return.
    “Where…” Woohyun starts but Sunggyu already knows where he’s getting at.
    “They both left. Chorong, seems like her dad is calling for her and Chohee went home to rest. She told you to not follow her.”
    Woohyun and Wooyoung look at each other.
    “Is there anything wrong?” Sunggyu can sense some strangeness.
    “Let’s just leave it here then. I’ll take my leave now,” Wooyoung leaves after biding his goodbyes.
    
    “So what’s going on about your parents’ case?” Sunggyu asks as the other five sits straight.
    “Well Suk-Chul escaped to Europe so they’re still tracking him down and we are suspecting the Parks to be behind the problem so we are searching for clear evidence before jumping into conclusion.”
    “Is Chorong-noona involved?” Sungjong curiously asks.
    “If she’s involved with everything her father is doing then of course she has to take responsibility for it,” Woohyun explains.
    
    “What do you want dad?” Chorong irritatingly stomps in front of his father with guards and Doojoon behind him.
    “Don’t give me that face,” her father doesn’t seem to happy, “You do know that Suk-Chul is found out and soon they will get to us. In order to protect you, I will be giving you to Doojoon.”
    Chorong looks up at his father, “w-what do you mean daddy?”
    “You will marry Doojoon to protect yourself from trouble.”
    “NO!”
    “Do not disobey me. This is not the time to do so. Everything is dangerous as long as you marry Doojoon you’ll be safe.”
    “Not ever. I will not marry him. I will not marry someone I do not love.”
    “This is not the time to care about love. It’s for your safety.”
    “I rather be in jail with you than marrying him. I don’t love him and will not marry him.”
    “You wish to be in jail with me then?” the curious father asks.
    “Mr. Parks Chohee has arrived,” a guard enters with Chohee after.
    “What about her?” Chorong points to Chohee, “I get to marry Doojoon when you let her marry the man that I love?”
    “Who says she’s marrying Woohyun?” Mr. Parks says.
    Chorong and Chohee both look up at Mr. Park for further explanation.    
    “You’ll be marrying Doojoon and Chohee will be going to America with me.”
    “Why? Why can’t I just go to America with you?”
    “Because they will suspect that we are escaping, so you have to stay behind so they will at least believe that I am on vacation. Your marriage will at least put us in a safe spot. They will not expect a marriage to happen at a time like this. Doojoon is a trustable man, someone that I can hand my daughter to. No one can harm you easily if you marry him. Chohee will be going with me because there are too many people hanging around her that are threats to us. After a month, we’ll return, hoping that the news will die down. From there, old plans will be carrying on.”
    “NO!” everyone is astonish by her sudden rage, “not at all. I will not ever marry him. Dad, you’re a liar. You promise me that after controlling Nam Corporation I will be able to marry Woohyun. How can you do this to me? How can I marry Woohyun after marrying Doojoon? I will not marry him. I will only marry Woohyun. There is no way on earth that I will let Woohyun marry her,” Chorong points to Chohee, “there’s no way at all. Woohyun will only marry me and only me. I will not let you distance me away from Woohyun. Marrying Doojoon mean giving up on Woohyun and giving him to her. There’s no way I’m losing Woohyun to her. Not at all. Do you hear me Daddy? I will not let it happen,” Chorong runs away with tears streaming down her face.
    
    Mr. Park speechlessly turns to face Doojoon, “don’t mind her. She’ll have to marry you under any circumstances.”
    “It’s alright. I understand,” Doojoon nods understandingly.
    “Pack your stuffs, you’ll be leaving with me in a week or two,” Mr. Parks turns to Chohee.
    “What about my parents and brother?”
    “They’ll be here and taken care of.”
    “I hope you’re doing as you say.”

    Parting from him, will help him to forget her. She doesn’t want to be the cause of why his life is slowly heading down. At least she is able to do this for him; he will be better off without her. If possible, she wishes to never return after the one month hoping for her parents to be release along with her brother. They’ll start a new life somewhere else and Mr. Park can carry on his mission with the help of his own daughter. Someone who already given her whole heart to Woohyun. She is just the one interrupting Chorong’s relationship with Woohyun. If she didn’t interfere, Woohyun would have been in a relationship with Chorong already.  
    
    “This is the best I can do for you…” unknowingly a tear make its way down Chohee’s cheek.