Chapter Five

One Moment Is Enough

    “What?” Chohee widen her eyes, horrify.
    “I’m just showing you all the places where you can come and find me. Come on,” he pushes her in the car and drives off.
    “You know I should take you out to the club more often,” Woohyun randomly brings up a topic.
    Chohee looks at him wondering why.
    “Cause you stick to me so closely,” Woohyun turns to her to make sure she sees his smile at how much he loves it when she’s clinging onto him.
    “I won’t go with you anymore,” she mumbles, knowing she did cling a bit too close to him.
    “No need to be shy. I’m all yours. You should learn from the girl earlier but only do it to me,” Woohyun playfully grins.
    Chohee’s mind starts running miles per hours. Who is that girl? Not that she cares that the girl likes Woohyun, but she looks familiar? Plus…he’s only hers for the time being, she is after all only his fake girlfriend.
    “We’re here,” he smiles as he drives into the house.
    Chohee looks around from inside the car, it is indeed beautiful. But she’s sure it’s lonely and receives no warmth at all.
    “This is my house for me only…the main mansion where my family lives is down from here.”
    Chohee gets out of the car, not waiting for Woohyun.
    “Since I saw your house already, may I leave?”
    Yeah…the house is beautiful and all but it’s not a place where she knows will give her what she wants.
    “No,” he shakes his head like a child, “stay with me. I still have many things to tell and show you.”
    Chohee just isn’t sure to why he is telling a stranger so many things. After he uses her, he’s going to discard her. Isn’t he afraid that she might come back and rob him?
    “Come,” he reaches for her hand and pulls her inside.
    
    Chohee keeps her eyes glue onto the house, making sure everything is soundless and safe.
    “Just in case you specifically want to know where I may be at most of the time, this is my office room,” Woohyun opens the door for her to check inside. So what does he mean by that…most of the time he’s in his office working?
    Chohee peeks inside the office room and it is neatly organize. So Woohyun is a neat freak?  
    “And when you decide to come and wake me up in the morning…this is my room,” he opens the door for her to have a sneak peek inside his room.
    It’s clean and orderly fashion. So it kind of confirms that he is a neat freak because a person’s room says it all. Whether you’re neat and organize or you just plain messy, you don’t care as long as you can still walk around. But why in the world would she comes and wake him up in the morning for? She’s not his mom nor does she wants to be, or is this dude planning something? No, it’s just that Chohee’s thinking too much, maybe.
    “And lastly…in case you want to spend the night with me, this is your room,” Woohyun opens the door next to his and gives a wink to Chohee when she stares at him.
    She looks with her cold eyes, she never said that she’ll stay with him or whatever. And she never plan to.
    “Or a better place if you don’t like it here… is my room on my bed next to me. That may be much more comfortable, much more warmer,” he jokes, but somehow he deeply means it.
    Chohee glares at him, is he just a ert guy or a guy that’s actually different from others? She pulls her hands away from his and walks off.
    “Chohee…I’m sorry I didn’t mean to…”
    “I understand…I’ll work hard as your fake girlfriend but…but just don’t treat me like trash,” she raises her voice at him.
    Since all the time he’s had been with her, this is the time he sees her the angriest. So a note to self for him, is that she takes thing really seriously. That was meant for a joke but she took it way far. But what can you do people get the wrong message all the time. If not, this world is too good then.
    “Sorry…I was just joking with you,” he apologizes then his stomach grumbles.
    Since after school, he hasn’t eaten anything.
    “I’ll cook something for you before I leave,” though her cold voice is back with no emotion, he’s happy that she’ll stay longer.
    
    Woohyun shows Chohee the kitchen, “I’ll be back.”
    His kitchen is sure up to his taste as well. She likes it cause everything is neatly put away and nothing is shown or in the way when you cook. Chohee searches the kitchen, opening the refrigerator. It is pretty empty. He must have been really busy to refill it. She finds some noodles on the side cabinets and there’s still some rice left in the rice cooker. She can at least make something out of that.
    Woohyun walks in with a piles of folders and his laptop.
    “Are you really that busy to have nothing in your refrigerator?”
    Woohyun sheepishly smiles, “I’m just quite busy.”
    “I was only able to find some bags of ramen and rice so you’ll have to eat that for tonight.”
    “I’m fine with it,” he sits down getting ready to work.
    “Is that what you eat everyday?” she asks.
    “Mostly,” he’s all concentrated on his work already.
    Chohee sighed, his works must be really important to him, more than his health.

    Chohee sets the bowl of noodle and a bowl of rice next to him.
    “Smell good,” he smiles.
    Chohee seriously wants to choke this guy, how in the world can he keep a smile on at everything?
    “Aren’t you going to eat with me?” Chohee shakes her head.
    “Well…let’s share it, taste better that way,” Woohyun stands up and grabs an extra bowl. He scoops some rice and ramen into the bowl and hands it to her.
    He enjoys his meal as she stares at him still amaze. She then turns to her bowl and at least finishes her portion of the mean that he was willing to share. When they finish, Chohee washes the dishes as Woohyun continues to work.
    “I’m going home now,” she announces.
    “It’s late I’ll take you,” Woohyun drops his pen.
    “It’s okay. You still have a lot of work to do. I can go by myself.”
    “It’s not safe,” here he goes again, his not safe thing, “I must take you or I’ll be…”
    “Alright I’ll just stay so I won’t bother you,” Chohee says, knowing she’ll not win over him and she didn’t want him to waste his time on her when he can just use that time to get some work done.
    
    Woohyun smiles, he didn’t ask for her to stay but she stayed herself. And it makes him happy, fills with joy.
    “That’s not what I meant,” Chohee tries to reason when she sees his smile.
    “Really?” Woohyun teases her, “are you sure? Weren’t you mad earlier?”
    “It’s just that…”
    “I understand…if you’re staying don’t be a distraction and be helpful,” he says.
    “You want me to work on those with you?” she asks, raising an eyebrow.
    “Type theses for me,” Woohyun hands Chohee a thick documents and hands over his laptop.
    Chohee looks like what have she gotten herself into.
    “It’s okay if you don’t want to…you can just go sleep first. You do remember about the room I show you right? Or if you don’t it’s okay, you must remember my room though,” Woohyun winks.
    Though she hates it, Woohyun thinks she needs it. Some roller coaster in her life, a time to blush, a time to be embarrass, a time to be angry, smile, laugh, cry, and so on but jealous sounds better.
    Chohee ignores him and grabs the pack of paper and sits down in front of the laptop. She flips through the pages and sees that it’s an endless documents. How in the world does Woohyun last like that all day long? Chohee turns the laptop to her and sets her hands onto the keyboard and each letters as printed on the paper.

    “One thing I have to tell you…stop wondering around alone. If you want to, call me and I’ll walk with you.”
    “You sure have a lot of time, don’t you?” Chohee sarcastically says.
    “I’m for real. These days everyone is untrustworthy, you can’t trust anyone.”
    “So your implying that I shouldn’t trust you since I just met you two days ago?”
    “That’s not what I meant,” Chohee glares at him, so what does he mean then?
    He then corrects himself, “yes, it’s what I meant. But I’m an exception. And only me. No one else.”
    “You’re not all that special don’t try to make you sound so special,” she scoffs.
    Woohyun feels slightly hurt, but he know it’s the truth. But it kills him, he wants to be that special one for her. The one where she calls if she’s in trouble, the one she runs to when she’s happy.
    Chohee ignores him cause at this moment he makes no sense. He tells her he wants her to be his fake girlfriend, but he’s being protective all like a real actually boyfriend. Not that she knows how an actually boyfriend is like, but it’s just common sense. Woohyun just glances at Chohee before returning back to his work. He sure does not make sense.

    After a while, Woohyun stares at how concentrated Chohee looks, either way she portrays herself, he likes it all. He finds her very stunning. Woohyun can sees her heavy eyes lids about to close but she’s trying to fight it off. Since she has nothing important to do at midnight, she never stays pass it. He smiles, can’t keep his eyes anywhere else but on her.
    “If you’re tire you can go rest now,” he offers, doesn’t want to speak more than he should.
    “I’m okay,” she yawns.
    “Thanks,” he says.
    Chohee looks at him, “just thought I should be helpful.”
    Chohee rolls her eyes back onto the screen. Woohyun watches her until she can’t handle anymore and just falls forward to the side of the laptop. Woohyun lightly chuckles and walks over to pick her up. Since Chohee just fell asleep, she isn’t that deep into her sleep. Her eyelids are fighting to open as she feels someone touching her.
    “Go back to sleep,” says Woohyun when he sees that she’s trying to wake up.
    Woohyun securely lifts her up with his arms and carries her to her room or the one he so-called her room. She comfortably leans her head onto his chest. It’s a better spot to sleep than her cold bed.
    
    Woohyun gently laid her on the bed as if she the most fragile glass. He pulls the cover up to her shoulders to give her some warmth. Once he is done, he watches her shifts on the bed to find her comfortable spot. The room is silence again beside his heart beating. He leans forward and pecks her forehead, “good night,” he whispers before switching the lights and closing the door.
    He walks back to his works and sits there going through each one. After countless hours, the shuffling is still echoing in air, but slowly dying as time passes.
    
    Chohee wakes up in the morning feel comfortable more than ever. It is a different feeling than each morning where she wakes up in a cold lonely bed. She feels warm and care for. She removes the blanket and fully opens her eyes looking around at the different environment. The last thing she remembers doing was sitting in front of the laptop hearing the sounds of the keyboard clicks. And now the question is, how did she get from there to here? Woohyun must had carry her there, but he didn’t do anything to her did he?
    She walks out of the room and finds the nearest bathroom. She must wash up; she hates the morning feeling. Feeling fresh as ever, she walks out to search for Woohyun. She walks to where she last saw him, but she isn’t sure why not his bedroom, not that she wants to enters his room. She enters the kitchen and finds him sleeping on top of his works. She lightly chuckles at the sloppy scene in front of her. When she notice she is laughing, she immediately stops herself. Why is she laughing? She isn’t suppose to, that’s not her job.