Chapter Fourteen

One Moment Is Enough

    It has been a week, a week where Woohyun had done wrong. He realizes his mistakes…still thinking that she’s mad at him for lying to her. But he wants to improve himself, he wants to learn and become better for her. Throughout the time she’s absent from his life, he drowns himself in work as usual. He signed the contract with Shin’s Corporation and has plans to work on a project together. Recalling the memories from the party, he notices she feels really uncomfortable when Chorong and her father appear. Is it just because she isn’t use to the environment? He still isn’t clear to why she wanted to leave, is she in a hurry to do something else? He doesn’t understanding why, he doesn’t know where she’s at. Is he really her boyfriend? Does she even consider him more than a stranger?  
    There are just so many questions that are left unanswered. Each time he searches for the answer, it turns out awkward or he receives nothing in return. He knows that he has to give her time, she’ll get comfortable around him. He’s positive. Judging from the first time he talked to her and now, she changed. The coldness in her eyes disappeared, it appears less. She talks to him more and even smiles more, but her personal life still remains a question. Big questions.  

    “Aish…can you guys quiet down?” Woohyun yells at his friends chit-chatting in his office.
    “Awh…is hyung thinking of noona?” Sungyeol winks at the frustrating Woohyun.
    “Of course he is. At the mention of her, he turns to…ma…to…red,” Hoya exaggerates.
    “Don’t tell me that all this time we’re here, you have been thinking of her and not doing your work?” Sunggyu asks.
    “How can I work when I have a bunch of chipmunks in my office?” Woohyun walks over and joins the rest on the couch.
    “Oh yeah…hyung Chohee was gorgeous on the front newspaper,” Sungjong mentions.
    “I should have came with my parents,” L deeply regrets.
    “Me too, but oh well too lazy,” Sungyeol agrees.
    “Yeah…sometime I wonder how hyung deals with all these paperwork. When I reach at the office, I just want to go back home,” Sungjong lazily slouch back on the couch.
    “Yeah…I bet you Chorong must have been hecka jealous and wished to be in Chohee’s spot,” Sungyeol brings up what he had in mind earlier.
    “Why do you always make fun of Chorong-noona?” Sungjong whines.
    “Why, you care about her?” Hoya asks.
    “No.”
    “Well shut up then,” L glares at him.
    “Even if Sungjong doesn’t care there are still others that cares for her,” Sunggyu reasons earning glares.
    “Is it you?” L suspects.     
    “What? Me. No,” Sunggyu shifts uncomfortably on his spot.
    “Yeah right…probably you’re secretly in love with her all this time,” Sungyeol scoffs, can’t believe Sunggyu is denying something obvious.
    “Do you guys know what’s a bad characteristics of you all?” Sunggyu starts dragging everyone’s attention to him, “all of you guys jump into conclusion too fast.”
    “Tsk…I thought you were going to say something like we’re all too proud of our physical attraction,” L states.
    “That too,” Sunggyu adds.
    “Oh…so you’re saying that you’re not proud of that face of yours?” Sungyeol demands for an answer because the last time he checked, Sunggyu was standing tall and proud of his flawless face, he claims.
    Woohyun and Dongwoo remains silent absorbing in their own thoughts as the others bitterly bicker at each other trying to dominate the other.   

    Woohyun carries a tons of extra work home. Since Nam Corporation is working with Shin’s there’s another ton of works that need to be directed.
    Woohyun sits in his office flipping through countless pages. In his early lifetime, he never thought that he would have to work this hard. Since his parents passed away, his life drastically change. He was born and raise well in a well-off family. He never experience the overload of work, he only seen his dad working overtime at some point. But now he understand, in order to achieve a goal, hard-work will always need to be present. Being able to build up such a large business, his parents must have been through a lot.

    Trying to clear out his mind, Woohyun grabs his key and went for a ride. The stars is already occupying the night sky as he drives further away from his place. He changes route and heads toward the residence area, it’ll be quieter there than the busy night in the city. He slowly passes one house after another. Clearing his mind, does it sound like an excuse? Because truthfully, he just wishes that he might come across Chohee. Even if it sounds hopeless he still wishes that he’ll meet her. That’s the only way he will get to see her.  
    It’s not that he’s love struck. He used to searching for her. It just became a habit. A bad habit that he’s afraid of.
    
    He’s getting sleepy, driving alone without accompany can be really boring. Wanting to go back home, he just needs to pass through the last block then he’ll reach the main street and be able to head home. Before entering leaving the block he spotted something strange. Woohyun isn’t sure to what it is, something lying on the floor and if he’s not wrong a person. More likely a female. He stops the car in front of the house that the person collapsed. It’s strange but helping a person life is very important.
    He steps out of his car and takes a closer look at the person. Examining the back body and her hair to materials she’s wearing the person looks awfully familiar. Chohee? It can’t be right. Why would she be lying on the floor? As much as he tries to convince himself that it’s not her, he seems to not believe himself.
    He rushes over and doubtfully remove the hair blocking her face. Shock…it is her. He immediately lifts her up from the ground into his embrace as he kneel down on one knee.
    “Chohee,” he calls checking if she’s still breathing.
    Her breathing seems fine, but she’s badly bruise. Her clothes are rip like she had been whipped, her face is bleeding and her arms are cover with dried blood. His heart breaks seeing her in this state.
    Woohyun rushes her to his car and drives her once again to his house. He knows she will disapprove of going to the hospital so he wouldn’t bother taking her there. She’s strong, she’ll make it. Anxiously, he glances at her more than focusing on the street. It feels like forever to get home, since he didn’t even drive that far off.

    Gently, he lays her on her bed. She looks so fragile. Seeing her in this condition just adds onto his piles of questions that he wants to throw at her. He couldn’t pull himself away, but he needs to treat her wounds before it gets infected. Probably  it is already, but he just have to do what he needs to. Knowing and respecting Chohee, he only takes off her shirt knowing she has a tank top under. He wipes away the dried blood and disinfects her open wounds. Observing her cuts, there are some big open wound. It must have really hurt her, it worries him, making him just wants to crawl in bed and hug her, protecting her. If he can he would make her live with him and so he can secure her.
    Woohyun walks out of Chohee’s room when he heard his phone ringing, sighing deep in thoughts; who could it be this late at night?
    “Hello.”
    “Oh…good evening Woohyun. Sorry to bother you this late at night but me dad just finalize this document and wants you to look over it, so do you have time to come and pick it up. The sooner the better, he seems kind of furious, he made have found some mistakes,” Wooyoung explains, Woohyun understands the concern.
    “Alright I’ll be at your office in an hour,” Woohyun close his phone walking into the kitchen.

    Chohee stirs in her sleep, in her painful dreams. Sweats form on her forehead as she tosses and turns, but gradually awaken. Her breathing calm once she figures out where she’s located. Her heart seems to be at home. Tears swelled in her eyes, he must have found her. But how…probably he might have found out that she doesn’t live that far away from him.
    She tries to change position, forgetting about her pain as she collapses back onto the bed. Chohee closes her eyes as she inhale the scents of the room. It wasn’t his room but the air surely is filled with his alluring scent. She turns her head, spying a note on the side of the table. With no strength to reach for it, she focuses.
    
    I’ve prepared a meal for you, just heat it up. Don’t worry you’re safe in Nam Woohyun’s house.
                                    ~I’m still your boyfriend  
 
        
    Chohee smiles with tears dripping down her cheeks onto the pillow. She doesn’t know what to feel anymore. He’s has been the best to her, always there whenever she’s in trouble. No matter how much times she tries to run from him, he always find her. She’s afraid she might be caring for him more than she’s suppose to. She chuckles with tears choking her, the person that she hates, now becomes someone that is slowly engrave deeply in her heart. She needs to stop.

    "How can I love someone I'm suppose to deceive?"