Chapter Three

One Moment Is Enough

    Woohyun looks away from the bracelet and sees the owner of the hand. She had change out of her uniform to her regular everyday outfit. A simple graphic shirt and skinny jeans.
    He reaches out to hold her hand but she pulls it back; he stares at her in daze. She moves her head toward the bracelet in his hand. He looks at the bracelet then back at her.
    “This is yours?” he questions like he didn’t believe her.
    Of course, why would you trust anyone that you have just met for a day? Not even a day yet, only for a few hours within that day. Or why would you ask someone you met of the first time out?
    She stands there with her patience, waiting for him to hand him her necklace.
    He stands up and puts it in his pocket. Chohee glares at him, why did he do that?
    Woohyun takes a step forward and leans in. She looks up at him with her mugging eyes. Her facial expression brought a smile to him and made him forget about what was distracting earlier.
    “I’m sorry,” he softly whispers.
    She moves away and reaches out her hand again demanding for her bracelet only. She didn’t care whether he apologize or not. It’s none of her business. She just wants her belonging back. He smiles and just went along with his thoughts that she’s mad cause he forgot about her.
    Woohyun sets his hand on top of her and quickly laces it together before she pulls away.
    “Let go for a walk,” he pulls her.
    Chohee refuses and pulls her hand back. Woohyun isn’t aware that she is going to do that so he didn’t hold onto her tight. If he isn’t going to return her bracelet to her then she rather leave and mind her own business.
    “Are you mad?” he trails after her, behind her and leans close to her ear.
    She leans to the side away and scowls at him.  
    “I’m sorry. Something came up so I had to leave first,” he apologizes again.  
    She sighs and walks away.
    “Can you talk to me?” he asks walking after, “you always seems to be talking about me behind my back. Why not talk about it in front of me?”
    She stops her track and turns back to look at him, “who said that I talked about you?”     
    Woohyun has a wide smile on knowing that she is willing to talk to him, “the rooftop, that’s originally my, and only my place until someone found it and start to visiting it so often. Also not that she only she steals my place she also yells and curses at me.”
    Chohee starts to heat up. So all the time she thought she was freely alone someone was stalking her and listening to her?
    “You’re always listening to me?” she asks.
    “I can’t help it. It’s so interesting how you…” Chohee didn’t even let him finish and turns away.
    She is irritated, no one is suppose to hear her.  
    “I’m also sorry for that but…,” she turns back and faces him.
    “Don’t follow me,” she commands and continue her runaway.
    “I will follow you until you listen to me,” he purposely walks next to her bumping shoulder with hers.
    Chohee didn’t care about a word he says; she just keeps on walking.  

    After a minute of trying to make him leave, she stops, “say what you have to say and give me back bracelet.”
    Woohyun grins and reaches for her hand, “don’t try to pull it back or I will not give you back your bracelet and I won’t let you go home.”
    She mugs him again. Seems like he is just the right person for her to mug all the time.
    Woohyun walks and looks forward, “might want to change that stares of yours too. If you think that you’re cool like that, let me tell you…no you’re not cool…BUT cute,” she stops walking and stares at the ground.  
    Woohyun looks at her, why did she stop? No one had ever compliment her. No one dares to surpass her cold stares. Even if they do, all they say was how stubborn and mad she looks.
    “Is there anything wrong?” he asks, not sure why she stopped.
    Chohee shakes her head then lifts it up, “let’s go,” she walks ahead.
    He walks along while still thinking.

    “Anyways to why I ask you to wait for me is that…is that…,” he seems to be having a hard time speaking the truth he is hiding.
    She stops once again and waits for him to speak.
    “The truth to why I ask you out is because I want you to…to…be my fake girlfriend,” Woohyun finally pause it out.     
    She feels shock inside but remains calm on the outside. She is being use again.
    “What I mean is that…you do realize that everyone is getting really work out after my parents death and a lot of stuffs have been going on. I’m just really tire of everyone and everything so I want you by my side so everyone can shut up about protecting or being with me.”
    Chohee forces a smile on even if she wants to cry on the inside, not that she cares that it is him who is using her for his own good, but she is just really tire of being used.
    “I understand. It’s okay,” she fakes a small smile before walking off.
    Chohee totally forgot about her hand linking with his and got tug back. Woohyun pulls her back and holds onto her two shoulders. She seems a lot more fragile than she looks.
    “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to…,” Chohee interrupts him.
    “I understand,” she really didn’t understand to why people keep on using another to fulfill their need and desire.
    This time Woohyun could feel her stares are only actually out of pain. She isn’t as cold. She’s hurt by his words and he knows it. Even if her face is plain as a white paper, he could feel it through her.
    “I’m sorry,” he whispers as he pulls her in for a hug.
    Chohee isn’t willing to let any random stranger hug her. Yes, he is now consider her boyfriend but it is only fake for her and him. She knows it’s not real. She tries to retreat but he only tighten his hold.
    Woohyun didn’t speak at all and let them sink into the moment of them being close to each other. Somehow, he originally planned to make her his fake girlfriend but he had such a hard time telling her so. He never intended to hurt or harm her he just thought it would smoothly passes through.

    Woohyun slowly parts them when he feels like it’s about time. He looks at her and her cold stare is back. He opens his mouth to say something but she is faster than him.     
    “It’s okay, I’m fine. I’ll leave first,” Woohyun grabs onto her hand.
    “I’ll take you home.”
    “It’s okay,” her face is straight but her heart is still hurt.
    “Just let me take you home,” he knows she needs it.  
    “It’s okay I can catch a taxi,” she wriggles out her hand from his grip.
    “It’s not safe…it’s late now,” he reasons.
    He wouldn’t let himself lose, he just has to take her home for him to be at ease.
    Chohee closes her eyes and nods. Woohyun drags her to his car. He opens the door and after she enters he closes it before walking to his side.   

    Chohee closes her eyes on the ride. Woohyun steals a couple glances here and there but he knows to keep his eyes on the road. When the car stops, Chohee looks out, sees some bright street lights, and turns to Woohyun for an answer.
    “Just thought we should eat before I take you home,” he smiles.
    “I don’t. I just want to go home,” Chohee knows better that she hates her home. If she could choose she wouldn’t choose to go home, it’s a painful memories.  
    “Well were here already. Let’s grab something. Plus, tonight, stars fill the sky, a great night to be out,” he walks out and over to opens the door for her.
    She hesitates to step out. Her heart is trusting the stranger more than her mind wants her too. And now her feet are acting without her permission. He smiles when she agrees to eat with him.
    Woohyun links hands with her and drags her over, “you won’t mind if we just eat on the side of these street here,  do you?” she shakes her head.
    “Ajumma please give us two plates of bibimbap,” Woohyun orders.

    Woohyun and Chohee sit down waiting for their foods to be serve. The night is really fill with stars and the lights coming from various place illuminates the old streets into a bright enjoyable place. Though the wind is a bit chilly, the steams coming from all the streets stands were making the environment a warmer and welcoming place to stay. The air is fill with the smells of delicious foods.
    The ajumma sets the two bowls of food in front of them and leaves as another shout for her.
    “Try it, it’s good here,” Woohyun pulls his bowl to his side.
    Chohee stares at him while he eats then pulls hers to her side. She stares back at him while she mixes the food. Chohee scoops a spoonful without looking and puts it up to . She opens as she drops the food, but she quickly drops her spoon and spit back out the food. She wasn’t paying much attention to herself and burned her.
    “Careful,” Woohyun grabs some tissues and wipe away the remaining foods on her lips.
    “Sorry,” she mumbles.
    Woohyun lightly chuckles at her, “you should stop staring at me and make sure your food is cool down before putting it in your mouth.”
    Chohee turns bright red and looks away. She didn’t do it on purpose.
    Woohyun smiles and reaches out to take a hold of her chin and turns her face back to him. He finishes wiping her lips for her.
    “Here let me cool down your food for you,” Woohyun sets down the tissue and grab another spoon on the side and mixes her bibimbap well. He then blows for it to cool down and scoops a spoonful for her.
    “It’s okay, I can eat it myself,” she says.
    “Are you sure?” he teases.
    She looks down and nods.
    “Araso,” he sets the spoon back down in the bowl and turn to his.

    It is already eight at night time, but still the sky is only getting beautifier. There’s no doubt that a bad things will happen tonight. Only good dreams.
    “Mind taking a walk with me before we leave home?” Woohyun asks.
    She remains quiet, she didn’t know what to think. A part of her wants to say no and a part wants to say yes.
    “I’ll take that as a yes then,” Woohyun gladly took the honor and laces their hands together for the nth time that day.  
    She turns rosy pink again and looks away before he can see her redden face. Woohyun screams excitedly inside, not once had his heart rushes this fast. He isn’t sure of what the feeling is, but he knows that she can make him forget whatever he wants to. Chohee knows that she shouldn’t trust the stranger she just met. But now seems like she had broken her rule. She isn’t sure to why it is her, the one he selected and why is it him for her?  
    They are both deep in thoughts until a wave of breeze brushes pass them and Chohee shakes. Chohee uses her free hand and rubs it against her hand that is attached with Woohyun’s. Woohyun let go of her hand and takes off his blazer and puts it over Chohee.
    “I’m okay,” she says, trying to give him back his warmth.
    “It’s okay you need it more than I do,” he grabs her hand and puts it up to show her, “this should keep me warm.”     Without knowing she smiles, “I like it when you smile,” he looks at her in awes.
    She stops smiling and frown once again.
    “Why? Why that frown again?” Woohyun pouts.  
    Chohee stares at him, an old person trying to do something cute. Isn’t that off? Even though she thinks it out of his age range she couldn’t help but lightly chuckles.  
    Woohyun lightly chuckles along. But she stops herself before she gets too far.  

    “I want to go home alone,” Chohee speaks.
    “Why?” Woohyun questions, why does she not want him to take her home so badly?
    “It’s just…”
    “I understand…this is just the first day. No need to stress about it,” Woohyun nods understandingly that it may still be awkward.
    “Thanks.”
    He pulls her down to the street and tries to get a taxi for her. As one pulls up, he quickly leans in and gives her a quick peck on her forehead, “be safe.”
    Woohyun opens the door and pushes her in. Chohee is speechless to give him a goodbye. He watches as the car disappear before walking back to his car.