Chapter One

One Moment Is Enough

    For once the rooftop of Evolution High isn’t lonely anymore. It always have one visitor, but now it has finally found another. It is always a good place to take a break from life and grasp for a breath of refreshing air. It’s high up where you can see a clear view of the school. It’s not some place where there’s spider webs or full of junks. It’s clean and fresh as if you’re in the deep forest, in the middle of nowhere, where you’re only surround with green nature. There are pots of flower and different kinds of lively plants to enhance its beautifulness. Chohee never thought that she would’ve found such place. It was her luck.
    “I hate this life. Why can’t I just jump down this building and be happy for the rest of my life,” she holds onto the rail as she draws in a long breath and slowly let it out.
    She remembers the commotion that happened five minutes ago before she arrives on the rooftop.
    “Nam Woohyun sorry for the lost.”
    “Nam Woohyun would you let me be the one for you to lean on.”
    “Nam Woohyun please smile.”

    Chohee is tire of hearing the same old phrases for the past few weeks. It always been the same thing, about him. Always about him.
    “Urg…I hate you Nam Woohyun,” she screams, but she knows not loud enough for everyone to hear cause she’s not stupid enough to let the whole school kick her out.
    “Why does a person like you have to exist? My life would have been better without a person like you,” Chohee speaks out of anger, but sometime she knows it’s the truth.

    Chohee sits in her seat ready for the teacher to walk in the classroom and give her boring lecture then Chohee can finally go home. But it seems like the teacher is doing it on purpose, slowing take her time making Chohee suffers sitting down listening to her peer gossip.
    Her straight face really bores the heck out of her classmate. She comes back to her sense when someone threw something at her head. She glares to that direction and everyone from that bunch look down. They can’t seem to handle the spice in her eyes. She rubs it off and stares out the window. The group, consists of three girls and two guys, lift up their heads and see that she is nowhere close to paying attention to them. The girls pout in annoyance.
    “How can she not even be annoyed by it?”
    “Why isn’t she doing anything?” one of he girl asks as if she wants Chohee’s fist on her face.
    “Just let her be. She look like she has no life, no soul anyways,” one of the guy butts in.
    “Let not waste time with her,” they all return to their old gossips.
    
    Life repeats itself each day for Chohee. Attending school and going home. Nothing more, nothing less. Lunchtime, Chohee believes is just a waste of time. If there is no lunchtime, she would’ve been able to get out of school faster.
    There’s no purpose of lunchtime for her anyways, cause she doesn’t eat lunch. She just tries to escapes back to the rooftop. Since she found that place, it became her best friend. Mentioning about friend, she never thought of communicating with anyone. It just makes her life more complicated.
    She is making her way up to the rooftop when she comes across a bunch of girls and she already figures what it’s all about.
    “I should have walked faster,” she scolds herself for taking her sweet time. If she didn’t, she wouldn’t have come across the scene.
    She tries to rush pass the crowd without bumping into any of the girls. But unfortunately, one of them got push by the crowd and come crashing into Chohee. The poor girl bumps into Chohee then bounces back and land right on the ground with her flat on the ground.
    “Ow…,” she screams when she lifts up her hand and sees the scrape with blood.
    Chohee stares at her in disbelief and walks off. It’s just a small wound.
    “Hey,” a girl pulls Chohee’s arm.
    Chohee looks at her, seems like the girl on the ground and her are best buddy. Guess this is the time when a friend would come into great use. But still, if you’re strong enough do it yourself. Don’t drag others into your little crazy problem.
    Chohee face is still emotionless, “You have to apologize first before you go.”
    And other point, if you did something wrong and take the time to apologize, that drags another conversation and waste another part of your lifetime. Yeah, it a sign of showing respect, but you’re never going to see that person face ever again in your life. Total stranger, better to ignore them and let them think you’re rude rather than let something happen to yourself. Most of them wouldn’t care about you anyways. As harsh as that sounds, it’s the truth. At least, that’s what Chohee believes from what she experienced.
    Chohee shrugs off the girl’s grip and walks off, but seems like another two girls block her way. Chohee sighs, can her day be any worst?
    “Can you not speak?” one asks.
    And still, Chohee eyes them with her same old cold stare.
    The girl from the ground stood up and walks in front of Chohee.
    “Sorry. Simple as that. You can’t even say it,” the girl speaks trying to hide her true attitude. Chohee stares wanting to puke on her face. Is there really such thing as bad acting?
    And other, if that totally stranger is a totally random jerk then a simple sorry isn’t what they are looking for. Yeah, it’s what they say; but after, they drag on to another whole topic. So each consequences have it’s own result just depend on you to do what you want.   
    Chohee walks to the side and dodge each time one of them tries to block her way. Everyone are now looking at the girls; ready for a fist fight.
    Chohee keeps on moving left and right. To her right there are more girls then to her left there are the school so-called popular guys. Eyes were on her, something she hates the most. Can’t she just be excluded from their life. She’s living hers, can’t they live their owns?
    She kept on moving left and right until she felt a tug on her right. Someone’s hand grabs her left wrist and drags her away. At that time, no one dares to pull her back or yells for her.
    So, it ends up being one of those popular guys and someone she hated. She let that person drags her away until they were out of sight. As soon as they turn the corner, she pulls her hand back and walks ahead of him. No thanks for him.
    
    She arrives on the rooftop and ran straight to the rail kicking the wall.
    “Stupid people,” she curses.
    “I hate you Nam Woohyun. Why does a person like you have to exist? My life would have been better without a person like you,” Chohee turns her head, while hearing someone trying to imitate her.
    She didn’t speak of that guy at all and most importantly, who is saying it? She turns to where she enters and sees the guy she last wants to see.
    “Do you want me to repeat it?” he asks with smile.
    “Such a fake smile…” Chohee glares at him.
    “Ouch…did I do something wrong to you? Why hate on me?” he asks.
    She blinks a few times before deciding to walk away than answers his useless questions that wouldn’t even make her life better.
    As she pass his should, he grabs her arm, takes a step back, and to the side to get face to face with her.
    “I have a favor to ask from you,” he asks as she kept her straight face.
    He stares at her face and it had not change once he saw her, “Maybe you should try smiling sometimes then people wouldn’t think you’re so cold.”
    She never said she was cold, people just take it that way, or she never said she wasn’t. People can think whatever they want cause no matter what it is, people will judge.
    She still keeps her straight face waiting for him to actually spill what he wants to say. After saying what he said, he realizes she doesn’t care about what people say about her so he’ll pass and move on.
    It has been a minute and he hasn’t pour anything out. She doesn’t even know why she wasted that minute just standing there watching the so-called popular guy blinks and breathes. Without a proper goodbyes, she turns to her right and steps away. But even before her first step lands back on the ground, he pulls her back.
    She rolls her eyes back to his face…that is starting to annoy the hell out of her.
    “Will you be my girlfriend?”