Chapter Two

One Moment Is Enough

    Seriously, he wasted all her time just to tell her that. He sees no change in her expression, but just that maybe a bit of annoyance in her eyes now. But he doesn’t get it, why didn’t she show any expression when a guy ask her out?
    “So your answer…?” she can see a bit of sparks in his eyes. Now that didn’t look so fake.
    She blinks and blinks…blinks to his face, blinks to the right, blinks to the left, up and down, straightforward.
    He patiently waits for her answer.
    After what it seems like forever, she finally nods her head and without her knowing a small smile appears on her lips.
    His smiles grew widely and hers disappear immediately. She slowly pulls her arm out of his grip.
    “I’m Nam Woohyun, may I know your name?” he sweetly asks.
    She didn’t feel like speaking so she took out her phone and quickly texted her name and show it to him.
    “Lee Chohee,” he reads off the screen.
    She quickly sets her phone back in place and walks off.
    “Would you please wait for me after school? I want to tell you some things,” he asks.
    She nods her head again and continue. As she disappear through the door back down to the school’s first floor, he rushes after her.
    
    Chohee hears the loud door crashes against the wall and looks back to what causes the noise. She sees him running down the stairs and stops right in front of her.
    She looks at him with a confuse look. First time ever, her face shows something other than the cold unwelcoming stare.
    He smiles once again and lock hands with her. She tries to pull back but he keeps his grip tight.
    “Everyone needs to know that you’re mine,” she is taken aback by his words and blinks multiple times. But because she is an expert at keeping her straight face it didn’t change much.
    He leads them down the stairs and out to the grounds where everyone will notice their new relationship. Right at the moment where they enter, eyes were on them.
    “Let me warn you, being my girlfriend might be quite hard,” he leans towards her and whispers to her ears causing girls to die of anger and sadness. She also wants to tell him that being her boyfriend may be quite hard as well…..and even dangerous.
    Rumors spread like a wildfire. He pulls her cheerfully into the cafeteria where the rest of his group mate are at. As Woohyun leads her in, each and everyone eyes where on them. Chohee blinks away, sometimes she wishes she has the power to pull out people’s eyeballs. Woohyun stops at a table and Chohee can sees the other six guys she saw earlier.
    “Chohee meet my friend. Sunggyu. Dongwoo. Howon. Sun…”
    “Hoya,” Hoya corrects Woohyun with a smile.
    “Sungyeol. Myungsoo. And…”
    “Call him L,” the guy Sungyeol smiles.
    “and Sungjong. Guys this is Lee Chohee, my girlfriend.”
    Half of them are surprise and half of them isn’t.
    Chohee ignores their faces and lightly bows then she turns toward Woohyun and tilt her head, signaling that she wants to leave.
    He leans in once again and before he has the chance to do what he wishes someone shouts at them.
    “Do it somewhere else,” Sungyeol pretends to cover his eyes with his hands where his fingers parted widely.
    Woohyun turns to glare at him then back at her.
    “Remember to wait for me at the bench under the big tree in the front,”  he whispers.
    She leaves without nodding or answering.
    
    “Hyung what did you tell her?” the nosy Sungyeol asks.
    “NO, the question is, why, when, is this happening? How come Sunggyun-hyung, L-hyung, and Hoya-hyung wasn’t surprise,” Sungjong throws his questions at Woohyun.
    Woohyun casually takes his seat, “I’ll tell you guys later when there’s no one,” Woohyun lower his voices as they all peek around and see that eyes are staring and the room is dead silence so everyone can hear the conversation.
    The rest of the group nods their head but still eye Woohyun for an answer and he knows he can’t escape.

    The day pass by slowly, but she is able to wait for after school. Chohee walks to the bench where Woohyun had asked her to waited for him. She isn’t sure to why she is following his order. But she knows it for the best, for him and her.

    Woohyun is walking down the hallway. He has a smile on his face, he hasn’t had that feeling for a few weeks now since after that tragic accident. Woohyun is walking with a sensation of happiness flowing through him but is interrupt by the vibration of his phone.
    “Hello,” Woohyun’s smile slowly fades away and he runs toward the car waiting for him in the front entrance.
    Chohee is in the front, sitting on the bench waiting, but her head is down so she didn’t see Woohyun rushes into the car.
    As soon as Woohyun sits in the car, the representative of Nam Corporation, Ma Jong-Pil, starts talking, “I just  received a message saying that Seo Suk-Chul wanted to have a meeting regarding the new successor of Nam Corporation.”
    Woohyun grits his teeth and curls his fingers into a fist. Actually, now he knows that most of those people in the corporation are just waiting for this day. For his parent to pass away and they can claim their spot they think that belongs to them.
    “Bring all the documents I asked for,” Woohyun calmly says.
    The representative turns away and is on the phone right away. It isn’t long until they arrive at the main building of Nam Corporation.
    Woohyun quickly changes from his school uniform to a approachable outfits before the representative and him made their way to the conference room and take their spot.  

    Woohyun sits there waiting for someone to start the conversation since he wasn’t the one that wanted that meeting. It is a moment of awkwardness. No one dares to speak up. Only some tense bodies and burning eyes contact.
    “Speak up before I leave,” Woohyun calmly says.
    Someone clears their throat before speaking, “Mr. Seo Suk-Chul here wants to talk regarding the new successor.”
    “And what about it? Isn’t is me already as stated my in my father’s will?”
    “Yes…but we’re afraid that you’re…”
    “Too young?” Woohyun guesses and stares at them in disappointment, “haven’t we been through this already? I have been working with father since young. What else do I not know about this business world?”
    Everyone seems to not have a good enough reason to bicker with him.
    “Yes, we have seen you grow up and how well you manage everything, but you are still young to understand the harshness in this world. You still have your young teenage life to live and your school to…”
    “Is it a problem if I choose this life over my teenager life? Isn’t it clearly explain once I said yes already?” Woohyun smiles at the guy that he has been waiting to speak up, Seo Suk-Chul.    
    “Yes but…”
    “Let me say this one last time. I decided to take on this corporation on my shoulder and I will not drop it. Is there anything else that concern you guys? Say it or don’t dare to speak again?”
    Woohyun can see the smile on Suk-Chul and waits for his proposal.
    As if Woohyun knows, Suk-Chul speaks up, “there’s nothing much I want to say since you gave your all into this, but I must say that the business had run slow since Mr. Nam and Mrs. Nam had passed away and I wish to see you bring it up. And note to self, if not, prepare to be sitting in that seat again maybe for the last time,” Suk-Chul walks out as his followers trail after.
    Woohyun kept his strong face with his smirk on until they all disappear. It fades away as everything is back to silence.
    “I’ll take care of this just tell me anything unusual about those people,” Woohyun sighs telling Mr. Ma then walks out of the conference room.

    He calls for his car. In no time, he’s out in the street roaming the city. The car is running miles per hours along with  heart beating at how many times per minute. He pulls to the side of the curb causing a loud screech. Another long sigh is let out as he leans his head onto the steering wheel. His eyes are slowly closing on him. Not only his life is getting complex, it is also getting very tiring. Though he tries to cut down all the poisonous vines growing, there’s always more growing stronger than ever. He doesn’t know when will he be able to eliminate all.
    A thought came mind.
    “Shoot,” Woohyun steps on the gas petal and drives off.
    The meeting seems so short but took so long. The sun is already setting down. Woohyun reaches there faster than he thought he would have. Luckily, all the traffic lights are on his side. But why would he returns there, it has been hours already. It’s not like she’ll wait for him. He told her to wait for him and now he just ruins his chance. It is just the start but he had totally let her down.
    He steps out of his car and walks over to sits at the bench he told her to. He runs his hands through his hair once in frustration and leans back. Taking a few breaths he sits back straight up. He brushes his hand against the bench and feels something on his side.
    Woohyun tilts his head and finds a bracelet. He holds it up, examining the treasure he found. It is a simple silver bracelet with two hearts attached. A red ruby and a silver metal. His eyes never leaves the bracelet until at the corner of his eyes he sees a hand reaching towards him.