Chapter Twenty Four

One Moment Is Enough

     Since the day Chohee left his office, he hasn’t seen her. He still has no clue how to contact her. The only thing he is able to do is knocking on her door countless times, but it never opens. First time, when he sat for six hours long, the door opened and she was there. But it never happen again no matter how long he waited, the door never open. It never opens again.
    “Chohee where are you?” Woohyun anxiously walks down the path of her street.
    
    Each morning when he arrives at his office, there will be a meal on his desk along with a note.
    
    Watch over yourself. Remember to not over work.
    
    Don’t sleep too late. Eat on time.
    
    Didn’t I tell you to not over work?

    Woohyun, remember to smile.


    The next day, there is neither a note nor a meal. Woohyun, drained of energy, leans back in his chair. With a few breaths, he opens the drawer and pulls out the passed four notes he received. Tears start to roll down his cheeks as he slowly reads each word on the notes repeatedly until he memorizes it all.
    “Chohee…why…why won’t you meet me?”  

    It has been a long time since he is able to cry again. He told himself to be strong since his parents’ accident, but Chohee has become another of his weak spot. He just can’t restrain his tears from flowing; it’s uncontrollable.
    “I miss you…why won’t you come and say that you care about me instead of writing it all?” Woohyun is confident that all the notes written belong to Chohee.
    “I…I want to see you…”

    “Sorry Woohyun…this is the best way I can part from you. I don’t think I will be able to say it in front of you. Sorry…” Chohee peeks through his office door.

    “Woohyun I have some news for you…” Wooyoung walks in setting a newspaper on Woohyun’s desk.
    He briefly scans it, “She’s marrying Yoon Doojoon?”
    “I was shock as well. I don’t know why at such time, Mr. Park is marrying Chorong off to Doojoon.”
    “It doesn’t matter. I just want to know what’s happening to Chohee.”
    “She still haven’t contact you?”
    Woohyun sadly shakes his head.
    “I’m sure she has her reason.”
    “But how can I help her if she doesn’t even tell me anything?”
    “In the first place, she doesn’t want you to know anything. She asked me to promise her to not tell you, but I had to because you are the target and I know you worry about her,” Wooyoung is hoping that his decision was the right choice.
    “I’m trying to help her, but I can’t do anything since she’s not by my side. I don’t want to do anything that will harm her.”
    “I know that you worry and love her. I’m sure Chohee will be stun by your words…she started with you as her mission but you fell hard for her and she…”
    Woohyun looks up because Wooyoung will not continue, “she what?”
    “I’ll let her tell you because I’m just basing it on actions and words,” Wooyoung smiles.
    “Do you have any clue where she’ll be at?” Woohyun asks.
    “Nope,” Wooyoung smiles.
    Woohyun is confused why Wooyoung is such in a good mood.
    “I’m sure she’s safe,” Wooyoung assures him.
    “I want to see her to believe it,” he pauses, “what about her parents? Are they safe?”
    “Last time I’ve checked they’re fine, but I think they know that we found out their hiding place, so they switched her parents to somewhere else. We haven’t found out where and I haven’t seen Chohee to tell her the news.”
    Woohyun sighs not only did he lose track of her but now her parents as well.
    “Good news though…I’ve heard that as long as we find Chohee’s parents’ current place then we can legally arrests Mr. Park.”
    “Why?”
    “Do you remember the Yong’s Family?” Woohyun nods, “I’m not exactly sure how they found all these evidence but five years ago Mr. Parks had wiped out the whole family but I’m sure Junhyung, the family’s only son survive, I’m assuming that he’s the one that sent all evidence to the police department.”
    “So we still do have hope to keep Chohee in a safe spot?”
    “I’ll leave that to her prince,” Wooyoung smiles and bids his goodbye.

    Woohyun researches the whole day about the Yong’s Family and all the lands owned by the Parks that can probably Chohee’s parents may be kept at.
    “Nothing found?” Woohyun stares his blank laptop screen.
    There’s nothing containing about Mr. Park beside the Park Corporation and what they do. Mr. Park for sure knows how to keep his data hidden.
    “Yong’s Family, one of the growing corporation but five years ago there was a suddenly change of owner and a month later Mr. and Mrs. Yong were announced…dead,” Woohyun scans through the article.
    As expect, the information he finds are brief, a summarization of a major problem. If he’s not mistaken Nam Corporation is heading the same way as the Yong’s. But the route must be harder.

    Chohee finally heard her final departing date to America. She plans for one last visit to Woohyun’s office to drop off one last thing she have for him. Woohyun already have one of her most precious item and she plans to give him the second. The sky is still dark occupied with the night clouds. The sun is slowly making its way above. This is always the right time for Chohee to visit his office without any interruption. She doesn’t know why she is able to enter and leave the building easily; Woohyun must have set some privileges for her.  
    She quietly enters his office heading straight to his desk where she sees her four passed notes scatter on the desk. She spies a paper, seems like one that he doodled on. Her eyes start to water when she sees a line written in his handwriting

I miss you…Chohee…

    “I miss you too…” she mumbles while smiling.
    Chohee reaches for the paper and snaps back to reality, realizing that she has wasted much of her time. She wants to take the paper with her, but before she is able to put the paper away, she sees a shadow at the corner of her eye.

“Woohyun…” he is standing by the door gazing at her. How long did he stand there?
Shockingly, she stands as if she’s paralyzed. He steps closer and closer, the sadness in his eyes became visible to her. It is also filled with tears threaten to fall. She didn’t want to believe that she is the cause to his tears.

    “Stop,” Chohee wouldn’t let him any closer when he is within five steps to her.
    Woohyun stops his track and looks at her longing; Wooyoung is indeed right, she is fine. He is just worrying too much. Chohee decides to leave the paper alone and walks around the desk and him.
    “Chohee…” his voice cracks.
    He wants to rush to her, hugs her, kisses her, and asks her where have she been?
    She halts close by the door waiting for him to speak. She waits and waits but hears nothing. At this time, she makes two options for her…one last glance at Woohyun or just walks straight out the door.

    Walking out the door, meaning her last picture she has of him is torn. It’s shattered…his eyes, voice, feelings. But it’s easier for her to leave without any commotion.
    One last glance, meaning it’ll be harder for her to leave.

    Her feet are moving forward but her heart turns her feet around seeing him right in front of her.
    “Woo…” she tries to hide the tears in her eyes.
    The last time she’ll see him…she’s already planned to not ever come back.  
    “Didn’t I tell you to not over work?” she reaches up to touch his face, his cheeks that she notices a difference.
    “Did you remember to smile?” she says as tears slips out of her eye.
    He slowly reaches out touching her warm skin with his two hands, finally at last.

    “I finally get to hear you say it to me,” he tries to smile but instead a tear slides down.
     His precious tears that she tries hard not to make it fall, but in the end, it fell down because of her. It tears her heart into pieces. Now she admits, wants to admit that she dearly loves him and she does not have the heart to continue to hurt him anymore.
    “I miss you…,” he whispers as another tear makes its way down to his chin.
    Chohee smiles jumping to her toes wrapping her arms around his neck and presses her lips onto his.  
    His lips slowly curve into a smile wrapping his arms around her waist slowly drawing her in, savoring in the moments, showing her how much he misses her, wanting to punish her for leaving him in misery the passed days.
    He parts her lips as his hands make its way to hold her cheeks, being as gentle as he can.  

    “Sorry…,” she mumbles as she pulls away from him.
    “For?”
    “Everything.”
    “Like?”
    “Just everything.”
    “I love you,” she stiffens as she looks up like a robot.
    She receives peck from him.
    “I really do,” he pecks her again.
    Seems like he’s taking the advantage of her being paralyze to conquer her lips.
    “Was it not noticeable?”
    Chohee shrugs…she didn’t actually pay much attention toward his affection or feelings but more of how she’s affecting him and everything else around him.

    Woohyun and Chohee return to Woohyun’s house and spend the afternoon sitting in his office working.
    “It’s getting late so I’ll go get us something to eat,” Chohee announces getting ready to leave but is stop by him.
    “I don’t have anything,” he looks away in shame.
    “It’s okay I’ll go out and buy something then.”
    “I’ll accompany you then,” he stands up knowing that everywhere she goes is dangerous.
    He can’t afford to let her out of his sight. He wants her around him every minute so he’ll know that she’s safe.
    “No need to…you have a lot to catch up.”
    “You always say that, but I really want to go with you.”
    “Next time,” she clearly knows that there will be no next time.
    “But it’s…”
    “It’s what?”
    “Never mind. Only if…” Chohee listens, “you kiss me here, here, here, and tell me how much you love me then I’ll let you go.”
    Woohyun points to his right and left cheek, then his lips.
    “No.”
    “Then you can’t go,” Woohyun pulls her in for a back hug.
    He is nervous at the thought letting her go alone.
    “Let go Woohyun.”
    “But I miss you,” his leans in to kiss her cheek.
    “Alright, alright, I’ll do as you say.”
    “Ok,” he immediately let go of her.
 Chohee faces him and Woohyun is already prepared for his present presenting his right cheek to her.
    “Look at you,” Chohee can’t believe him, but this evening may be her last evening with him, it won’t hurt to do so.  
    “Hurry.”
    She leans to kiss his right then left cheek. Woohyun happily faces her, “my lips now.”
    “I’ll be back,” she smiles and aims to leave.
    “Not so fast,” he grabs onto her.
    “Alright…alright…close your eyes then. You make me feel so weird,” Chohee says.
    “You’re suppose to because you’re kissing your boyfriend. Butterflies should be all over your stomach.”
    “Close your eyes,” Woohyun closes his eyes.
    Chohee tiptoes away, “next time,” and she runs out the door. Perhaps the last time she’ll run out the door.
    “Chohee…” he calls knowing that she is aiming to leave, but he has no good excuse to hold her back.
    He can’t reveal to her that he knows everything about her. There’s a chance she will never return to him. He can just sit and hope she’ll return safely. It’s just around the corner; she’ll be fine since she was alright in the passed days.

    “Where do you think you’re going?” Chohee turns back after turning the corner of the street where Woohyun’s house is located.
    “Chorong?” Chohee is taken aback at her surprise appearance.
    “How dare you? Who gave you permission to kiss Woohyun or to visit him at work? You’re supposed to be packing and leaving with my dad!” Chorong grits her teeth as two guards appear behind her.
    “What are you doing?” Chohee knows that the crazy girl is up to something.
    Chorong smirks, “teaching you a lesson for touching Woohyun.”
    Chohee is speechless, she’s has nothing against it.
    “Get her,” Chorong commands his guards and they grab onto her.
    “Let go of me,” Chohee struggles to be freed.
    “Don’t you want to join your parents and that annoying little brothers of yours?”
    Chohee glares at Chorong, “what did you do to them?”
    “Just taught them a lesson…”
    “Crazy…”
    “Crazy?” Chorong walks up to Chohee, “crazy…did you said crazy? The reason why I’m crazy is because of you. Throw her inside the van…”
    
    “As long as you’re gone, my dad will let me marry Woohyun and his heart will completely be mine.”
    “Do you really think it’ll be that way?” Chohee pities her that she has such narrow thoughts.  
    “Of course…as long as you’re gone my dad will have no one to use against Woohyun then it’ll be me.”
    On a second thought, the crazy girl has a point. As long as Chohee is gone, there will be no one threaten to Woohyun anymore.
    “It was because of you that’s why I have to marry Yoon Doojoon.”
    “Don’t you know that he likes you though?”
    “I don’t care whether he likes me or not, I just know that I hate his guts.”
    “What do you plan to do with him then?”
    “I will not marry him, PERIOD.”
    “It’s your dad’s wish.”
    “I don’t care…because he doesn’t care about my wish. So why would I care about his? Don’t try to talk me into anything…I have it set to get rid of you.”
    “With or without your dad’s knowledge?”
    “Without, of course. Why would I tell him?”
    “I have nothing to say then,” the truth is Chohee is actually afraid.
    She didn’t want to ask what Chorong is going to do to her because she didn’t want to fear along the process. Getting rid of her in one shot sounds good. As long as Woohyun is safe. He should be safe as long as she doesn’t exist anymore.

    “Mom. Dad. Jihoo,” Chohee calls once she is thrown in front of them.
    They are tie up, quite beaten badly. Chohee has no clue where she or they are at. The ride in the van was dark, but one thing for sure is that, it was a long ride.
    “What did you do to them?”
    “I told you…teaching them a lesson,” Chorong glares at Chohee’s parents, “here’s your dirty daughter that you have been asking for. Of course she’s alive, but not for long.”
    “W-w-what do you mean?” Mr. Lee asks.
    Despite her twisted ankle, Chohee strongly stands on her two feet dragging her foot over to her parents hugging each one.
    “Noona…I miss you…noona…,” Jihoo starts to cry, fearing too much of the scene before him.
    “Jihoo don’t cry. It’s alright. Noona’s here,” Chohee tries to comfort his frighten brother.
    “Chohee honey…are you alright?” Mrs. Lee asks.
    “I’m fine…how are you guys? Did they treat you badly?”
    “Badly?” Chorong scoffs, “when we give then a place to sleep and food to eat?”
    “Your dad and I are fine,” Mrs. Lee assures her daughter.   

    When Chohee left, Woohyun wasn’t able to concentrate. He can’t stop staring at the door waiting for her to comeback. His anxiousness is going to eat him alive. He picks up his phone deciding to follow her after thirty minutes.
    *Ring Ring*
    “Hello?” Woohyun answers before heading out the door.
    “I happened to run into them where Mr. Parks personally invited to his daughter’s wedding tomorrow. He seems like he haven’t found out anything of ours doing. But I don’t see Chorong with Mr. Parks and Doojoon at the location. Isn’t she supposed to be at such important event?”
    “Wooyoung head over to the police department now,” Woohyun already knows he is not going to find Chohee in time.