Chapter Thirteen

One Moment Is Enough

    Woohyun walks up to her with a blank face. He can sees her turning a bright shade of red. As he remember clearly, he didn’t set the temperature in his house high enough for a person to turn bright red. His thoughts are interrupt when he sees her trembling. He can see her gripping on strongly to his blazer causing a smirk to form on his perfect lips.
    Chohee can see the change in him. It’s likes she’s watching a flash bulb turning on all of a sudden. She watches as he slowly approaches her, first time she’s afraid of him.
    “Are you alright?” she nods.  
    He kneels down in front of her, “why are you blushing?”  
    “I-I-I’m not blushing,” she looks away.
    He is awfully too close to her.
    “Alright. Look at me and say it to me then,” he challenges.
    “T-there’s no need to.”
    “I haven’t even punish you yet for not doing as I said,” Woohyun whispers to her ear.
    Chohee turns to face him giving him a questioningly look.
    “I remembered telling you that whenever you want to take a walk or go outside you have to bring me along,” he continues to whispers that send chills down her spine.
    “I-I-I…sorry,” she mumbles.  
    “So you admit defeat and let me punish you,” he raises a brow.
    Chohee accidentally stares at Woohyun and is traps into his gaze. She tries to blink normally and at the same time, making sure she’s breathing correctly. He lightly chuckles upon seeing her amazed face.
    “Why don’t we clean you up first so I can patch up your wounds,” Woohyun breaks away their gaze.
    Chohee looks away trying to breathe in some air to lessen the tighten atmosphere. Before she knows it, she is sweeps off the couch.
    “First punishment,” he smiles that makes her heart flutters.
    He sets her down in her so called room, “take a warm shower first. I’ll get you some clothes.”  
    “Thanks,” she mumbles.
    He leaves the room with a smiles. He grabs some of his clothes for her and leaves it on top of her bed before washing himself up.

    After Chohee finishes, she wraps the towel around her and walks out to see if Woohyun have given her any clothes. She finds some materials on the bed and assumes it is it. She picks it up and stares at it. Alright, it’ll be fine his white t-shirt and a boxer. She puts it on and walks into the living room not knowing what to do from there. For once, she doesn’t have the feeling or the need to leave the house. She stands up and scans the room once then sees Woohyun coming down the hallway already. He sure is fast. Chohee sees him carrying a box, wondering what’s it for.
    “Take a seat while I apply medicine on your wounds,” he gives a friendly smile.  
    “I can do it myself,” she reaches for the box.
    He frowns and puts the box out of her reach, “nope, I’m doing it.”
    “Fine, I don’t need to apply anything on it. It’ll recovers by itself. I’m going, thanks for helping me today.”
    Woohyun sets the box aside, reaches for her wrist, and pulls her down to the couch. He stands up and leans into her as she moves back. She stops moving once her back comes in contact with the couch. He uses his hands to support his weight. Now he knows that the cold Chohee can become a childish girl.
    “Do you still want to leave?” she shakes her head looking away.
    “Are you going to let me clean your wound now?” she remains silent.
    Woohyun smirks when hearing her silence. He has just the perfect plan.
    He leans in and pecks her lips, surprising her.  
    “Want to sit up and let me do the work now?” he sits back up like nothing happen. He’s dying of the thousand of butterflies flying inside his stomach.  
    “Or do you want…,” before he can finishes she sits up straight.
    “Maybe it’s not a bad idea for you to be stubborn all the time,” Woohyun takes out the cotton and cream, “since I figured what I can do to make you listen.”
    Chohee looks away in embarrassment. Never in her life has she feels this way: a confusion, excitement, and anger at the same time.  
    “Don’t be shy,” he winks at her, making her body heats up.
    Woohyun grabs her arms and examines it, “it hurts, doesn’t it?”
    “It’s alright,” it doesn’t even compare to my other wounds.
    “I’m sorry I wasn’t there to help you. You must have been scare,” he lightly taps the cotton onto her wound.
    “No…it’s okay. You were there,” you made me feel safe.
    “Right,” he exclaims as she stares at him confusingly.
    “Your number,” he sets down the cotton.
    “It’s alright. I don’t think there’s anything for you to contact me about.”
    “Hand over your phone. It seems like I don’t have anything but actually I do have a lot,” he scratches the back of his neck feeling quite embarrass.
    She remains silent not sure what excuses she should use on him. Her phone is only meant for one thing and only that one thing.
    “Are you hiding anything from me?” he curiously asks.
    She does seems a bit odd. He didn’t want to rush anything from her, but he is slowly dying from curiosity. There are just so many things that he doesn’t know. Now that he thinks about it, she seems so secretive. But he doesn’t blame her, some people are just less open up about themselves.
    
    “Hand it over,” Woohyun waves his hand in front of her.
    “I don’t have it on me,” she says, well honestly it’s her jean that she just switched out of.
    “Alright, I’ll get it sooner or later,” he says and grabbing her other arms.
    “Are you hurt anywhere else?” he asks after he’s done with her arms.
    She knows she has other places but she’s not comfortable for him to help her. Chohee turns away trying to hide her other visible wounds.
    “Since your so shy about it, you can just close your eyes so I can just kiss the pain away.”
    “N-no. It’s fine,” she stutters.
    “Fine, if you don’t want me to kiss the pain away…move your knee this way so I can clean the scratches there.”
    “I-I can do it myself.”
    “I want to do it,” he lightly pushes her to sits forward and pulls her knee toward him.  
    Chohee watches him in amazement. His gentleness, how he carefully daps the cotton onto her wounds.

    Chohee wakes up the next morning feeling real comfortable in her bed. She sits up and finds Woohyun staring from the door.
    “Ah…you’re awake,” he sheepishly says.
    Chohee stares at him like he’s stupid.
    “Breakfast is ready, I have somewhere to take you today so hurry,” with that Woohyun leaves.
    In just a blink, he is gone.
    Chohee isn’t sure if she wants to go with him, but she gets up and prepares herself anyways. She sits awkwardly at the breakfast table and eats her food.  
    “Is it not good?” he asks.
    She shakes her head. He still examines her carefully.
    “Where are you going?” she asks, took her a while to gather up her emotions and asks.
    “It’s a surprise.”
    “I don’t like surprise and I am not going,” she replies, honestly she isn’t even suppose to be with him until today is over.
    Woohyun sits there not replying back. No matter what she says, he already made up his mind that he’ll bring her along. After breakfast, Chohee changes and is ready to head out. But Woohyun drags her into his car and drives off.
    “Stop the car,” she demands.
    He ignores her and continues to drive.
    “Where is he taking me? Doesn’t he have to prepare for the party today? He haven’t even mention it once. Or is he not even going? But I thought he was suppose to…” Chohee thinks but is interrupt by the sudden car stop.  
    She looks out side and they are out in a shop. A formal attire dressing one. She turns to look at him questioningly. He can’t possible take her out to the party, is he? She starts to fear.
    “Let’s get dress up before we go on our date,” he smiles.
    Chohee feels a bit relax, she is just over thinking. Seeing that Chohee relaxed makes him relief. She follows him inside as a woman seems older than Woohyun approaches them.
    “Good afternoon, Mr. Nam what you had asked is prepare already. But in case there’s a need to change, we prepare extra attires that can be selected as well.”
    “Thank you,” Woohyun turns to you, “have fun,” he pushes you toward the lady and waves.

    Chohee leaves with the stranger with her uneasy feelings. Even though he says that he’s taking her out on a date, something seems fishy about his date. She just can’t seem to settle down with his date reason. It sounded more like an excuse.
    “Miss can you please put this dress on,” the lady hands Chohee a long navy blue dress.
    Chohee stares at it for a good minute before grabbing to the dress and walks behind one of the curtain. It feels like since forever that she wears a dress. She can’t even recall the last time she wore one. Chohee looks at herself doubting in the mirror, this doesn’t seem like it’s a dress that she would wear. Even so, she steps out of the curtain and look at the lady doubtfully. The lady comes next to Chohee and gives a good minute examine her.
    “Next dress,” she claps and another girl brings her a dress.
    Chohee stares, she is not in the mood to be being push around. But she still grabs the dress and walks behind the curtain.
     “Perfect,” the light pale pastel pink long dress hugs her body perfectly, “now please step this way,” Chohee sits in the chair as the stylist starts to play with her hair.  

    Close to an hour, Chohee is done standing right in front of Woohyun, who is already dressed in a perfect black suit.
    Woohyun smiles like a dork in front of her. She just looks away in embarrassment, she never really thought she’ll have this kind of image put on her.      
    “Gorgeous,” Woohyun snaps and the lady brings him a another piece of clothes.
    “I wouldn’t want everyone to see your scratches or they might’ve think I did something to you,” he whispers to her ears before putting a lightly pink cardigan over her.
    “Shall we go now,” he asks lending her a hand.
    Chohee hesitantly reaches for his hand and patiently waits throughout the ride to know her next destination. A date he said.

    Chohee stares confusingly at the place they just reach. It is indeed beautiful, but it seems like it’s not only them two. Would it still be call a date?
    Woohyun leads Chohee into the gigantic building, where she thinks it looks more like a business place. Wait. It couldn’t be what she’s thinking can it? As much as she hopes for it not to be, she still keeps her feet dragging. This isn’t the time to back away. Many eyes are now on them as she comes back to reality upon the blurred picture. It’s like they are all amaze, which confuses her more. And…Woohyun had lied to her. This isn’t any, date but a place where she is forbidden to come.  
    “Greeting Mr. Nam, I see you brought a gorgeous partner there,” Chohee didn’t even notice that they had already step into the main entrance inside. She’s astounds by the luxury decorations. She has never been to such place, as much as she wants to admire it, it is the reason why her life is all corrupted.     
    “You asked for a partner right?” Woohyun playfully jokes.  
    “I did, but is she anyone special I she be aware of?”
    “She the most special one,” Woohyun looks at Chohee.  
    During the whole time they were there, nothing much caught her attention until Woohyun speaks his magic.
    “I can see she’s a special one,” Chohee sees the aged-man turns to her, “Let me introduce myself…I am Shin Minwoo,” Chohee lightly takes his hands for a handshake.  
    “I’m Lee Chohee,” she smiles.
    “Better watch your girl tonight,” Chohee couldn’t get the picture to be clear.  
    “He talks like he’s in his twenties, don’t he?” As if Woohyun could read her mind, he answers her questions, “he may seems old, but sometimes still acts like a very young playful man.”
    “I forgot one thing,” Mr. Shin appears again in front of them and Woohyun and Chohee are surprise to see who’s next to him, “this is my son, Shin Wooyoung.”
    “Let me introduce myself formally this time, I am Shin Wooyoung and glad to have meet you guys,” he lightly bows.
    “I haven’t formally thank you for yesterday as well, thanks and Nam Woohyun,” Woohyun reaches out as they have a handshake.
    Wooyoung turns to Chohee, “how are you?”
    “Fine, thanks to you. I’m Lee Chohee,” Chohee smiles.
    “Well…certainly I just came from the states and I got to admit, Nam Woohyun you better hold tight onto your special lady here,” Wooyoung playfully eyes Chohee, making her blush.
    Woohyun chuckles as he see Chohee turning to a different shade, “I believe so too.”
    “I’m lost. Sounds like you guys have met before,” Mr. Shin pretends to scratches his chin.
    “It’s a secret,” Wooyoung winks to Chohee, causing her to chuckles.
    “Woohyun-oppa,” everyone wait’s a second for the owner of the voice to appear.  

    It is no one other than Park Chorong.
    “Oh…hi Wooyoung-oppa, glad you’re back,” Chorong greets Wooyoung then laces her arms with Woohyun’s.
    “Chorong?” Mr. Shin questions.
    “Oh…hi Mr. Shin my dads here as well, he wanted to talk to you about something,” she lack of manner is clear seen.     
    Chohee slowly feels warm and wanting to escape the thick atmosphere. She knows Woohyun’s busy now so she slowly undo her connection with him. He feels her moves of wanting to leave and turns to her.
    “Do you want to go somewhere?” he asks.
    “I…”
    “Oh…I see everyone’s here,” Chorong lets go of Woohyun’s arm and rushes to her dad’s.
    “Daddy…look who Woohyun-oppa brought,” Chorong sweetly glares at Chohee.
    Mr. Park looks into Chohee direction and examines her for a second.
    “It has been a while, Mr. Park,” Mr. Shin decides to break the awkwardness.
    “It has,” Mr. Park eyes leave Chohee, but Chorong’s never.
    Chohee settles back down, relaxing, there’s no use anymore. Woohyun is trying to sort out Chohee’s sudden change of attitudes.  
    After the short conversation with Mr. Shin he turns back to Woohyun and Chohee, “I see Woohyun you finally look out to the world.”     
    “Mr. Park, Lee Chohee. Chohee, Mr. Park,” Woohyun gives a brief introduction.
    “It’s my pleasure to meet a wonderful young lady like you to night,” Mr. Park smiles.  
    Chohee feels uneasy, but smiles respectfully back. At least she can still do that.  

    “Please enjoy yourself for tonight,” Mr. Shin leaves with Mr. Park.
    “Woohyun-oppa let’s dance together,” Chorong purposely tugs Woohyun away from Chohee.
    “I’ll take care of her,” Wooyoung offer taking Chohee’s hand.  Chorong drags Woohyun to the dance floor and draws herself to him, wrapping his arms around his shoulders.

    “Jealous?” Wooyoung asks as he follows Chohee’s gaze.
    “Huh?” she is taken aback by the sudden simple question. Her jealous? She never knew that such thing exist for her.
    “I’m just kidding, but you know if I were you. I will be so jealous I will walk up to Nam Woohyun and snatch him away,” Wooyoung explains humorously.
    Chohee laughs, “ do you exaggerate everything you say?”
    “No I only use this specialty of mine to you,” he smiles cheekily.
    Chohee has to admit even though she doesn’t know this stranger for long, he has a great personality and sense of humor. He’s fun to be around, but that’s not what Chohee is looking for.
    “Want to get some fresh air?” Wooyoung asks.
    “Sure.”
    Wooyoung leads the way out. Woohyun watches as Chohee follows Wooyoung. He knows that the feeling he has is not jealousy. He feels very comfortable around Wooyoung as well, a very trustworthy guy. Maybe the problem is the person next to him.

    Chohee feels very awkward because she doesn’t know what to talk about around Wooyoung. Not that she knows what to talk about when she’s with Woohyun or anyone.
    “Let’s to go the second floor. There’s a better view,” Chohee nods approvingly trailing after him.
    As the approach, the opening view of the second floor, she knows that he was speaking the truth. The view of the city lights are just the best. A few strips of wind brush pass her skin just make the night look lively.
    “So how is it?” Wooyoung asks though he can tell from her face already.
    “Wonderful,” she smiles.
    “Great…,” Wooyoung’s ring tone interrupts, “excuse me for a second.”
    Chohee nods as he walks a few feet away. As she watches him talk, she remembers about her own phone. She doesn’t even dare to check for any message. She know it isn’t going to be anything pleasant already, but to think about it, when did she ever receive a pleasant message. She hesitates, but knows better than to run away. It’ll only get worst.  
    Before Wooyoung comes back, she takes out her phone checking for any hint.  
    Leave before the opening start. You know what will happen if you don’t.
    
    Wooyoung drags Chohee back inside. She tries to talk him out that she has something she has to leave, but Wooyoung insists she has to attend the opening. She struggles not knowing what to tell Wooyoung anymore, she has to leave the place and when she back with Woohyun it’s even harder to escape from him.
    “May I have her back now?” Woohyun asks. She lost her chance, she can see the trouble, glares coming already.
    “Sure, I’ve took good care of her,” Wooyoung chuckles at his own saying.
    “Thanks,” Wooyoung smiles before walking to the stage.
    
    “Sorry,” Chohee feels his warm breath against her flesh.
    She turns to him with a blank face.
    “I didn’t want to leave you, but it was just not a right time to reject her in front of so many people,” Woohyun explains himself. He knows how much tantrum she can throws in a second.
    Chohee didn’t feel any use of his apology, she didn’t care much that he was drag away. There’s no need to apologize.

     Everyone focus turns to stage and listens to Mr. Shin’s speech. His purpose of the opening and the reason why the invitation asks to bring a partner.  
    “Everyone may be wondering why the invitation had such a shortage of words, but there’s a purpose for it. Actually today is specifically open to seek out another corporation that we will be opening up to work with. When the invitations ask to bring a partner, we specifically look for the connection that you have with the partner you brought. I know it has been a while since we open our door to welcome any business partner. So after months of negotiating we decided this is the best way to expand. My son, Wooyoung has chosen our winner and that winner will have a chance to either accept or deny.”
    The applause rises as Wooyoung steps onto stage, “Greetings everyone, I’m Shin Wooyoung and is honored to announce the winner. Tonight, I have met a lot of people, wonderful ones. But sadly I will only choose one. And the one that especially caught my eyes tonight is….” everyone anticipated the chosen one, but Wooyoung purposely let times slides.
    “Is…Nam Corporation,” Wooyoung widen his smiles as he look over at the couple in shock.  

    Woohyun didn’t expect this to have happen. But this is just a great honor to be able to work with Shin’s Corporation. Though the two have been friends for a long time, they never had collaborate on anything. Woohyun smiles and Chohee witnesses the hope and excitement in Woohyun. But he didn’t know that when he’s dying of happiness, she is suffering from his happiness. Woohyun is invited to the stage and what’s worst is that he wants to bring her along. She refuses, but there are so many eyes, she can’t let Woohyun down. She knows the consequences but she knows it’s a big opportunity for Woohyun. Can she just careless? Woohyun steps onto the stage and gives his honored speech as Chohee stands on the side of the stage with the smiles she putting on. She watches Woohyun gives his speech, never has she seen Woohyun so lively. She’s happy for him but she can feel the heat coming down from the audience.  As soon as the speech end it is another hours of chatting, dancing, and eating.  
    Chohee walks down the stage with Woohyun. As soon as they reach down and everyone is congratulating Woohyun, Chohee takes the advantages to leave. Woohyun knows that Chohee wants to leave, but for what reasons? He politely thanks everyone for their kindness as his eyes search for Chohee. She only disappearing and he knows she’s not going outside for fresh air. After all, it is his fault for lying to her that he’s taking her on a date, but just brought her to the public, something she’s not even comfortable with. He understands that if she gets mad it’s all understandable. But without her, the reality of today wouldn’t even happen.  

    Great job, Lee Chohee.
    She disappears into the starless night.