Chapter Eighteen

One Moment Is Enough

    The ride there is full of silence, Chohee shifts uncomfortable each time her cell phone vibrates. The time ticks its way pass eight. She knows she’s late, she failed, and that’s what’s making her nervous. Her sweaty hands gripping her cell phone, wishing for Woohyun to not questions her. She’ll only stutter.  
    “We’re here,” Woohyun announces, they have been parking in the parking lot of a good minute without Chohee noticing.     
    “Oh…,” Chohee takes off her seat belt and gets out of the car.
    “Are you sure you want to come here?” Woohyun confirms his knowledge.
    “Of course,” Chohee beams.
    “Alright then let’s go,” Woohyun heads inside first without pulling her along.
    She stares at his distancing back before following.

    Once they enter the club, Chohee’s phone vibrates in her hands again. She nervously checks the message and a second later a waiter appears in front of her with two glasses of alcohol. She reassures herself and takes a few deep breaths before she strongly picks up the two glasses and catches up with Woohyun.
    The music blasts inside the room that’s filled with thick air. Bodies swaying back and forth, grinding on the body next to theirs. Chohee quickly shifts her concentration back to Woohyun, that hasn’t turn his back once on to check on her.
    “Hey have some,” she offers pointing a glass to him.  
    Woohyun examines her for a second, and her heart rate increase, scare that he might questions her. Lying to him is harder than it seems.
    “Thanks,” he reaches for the cup and her shoulders relax.
    She looks away for a fresh breath before turning to look at him. He slowly sets his lip onto the edge of the cup and takes a sip, then look at Chohee.
    “Taste good,” he smiles and she quickly takes a sip of hers.
    “Sure does,” she fakes a small smile.
    “Sunggyu said that the guys are at the club to. Mind if we join them,” Woohyun asks, taking another sip.
    Chohee nods and Woohyun leads the way.
    
    “Is there something bothering you?” Sunggyu asks Dongwoo, noticing that Dongwoo’s breath are uneven since they arrived at the club.  
    “It’s nothing just probably because of the lack of fresh air,” Dongwoo quickly covers for his strange actions.
    Chohee double checks on herself making sure her actions are not strange upon hearing and seeing the others eyeing Dongwoo carefully.
    “So why did you guys come here?” Hoya asks.
    “Chohee wanted to,” Woohyun answers finishing the last drop in the glass.
    “I just want to come. Maybe to…to have another feel of this environment,” she fakes another smile.  
    “So how is it? Any different?” L asks.
    “Somewhat…” she inaudible says, eyeing Woohyun and seeing that he seems to have lost a bit of conscious.
    Her phone suddenly vibrates again and she checks for the next command.
    The atmosphere around the eight are awkward and strange, two uncomfortable, one quite unconscious, and five confused and in alert mode.
    “Don’t you think something is a bit strange?” Sungjong whispers to Sunggyu.
    “What’s strange?” Sunggyu decides to play dumb.
    “Can’t you just see,” he mutters.
    Sunggyu shakes his head and Sungjong backs away for further examination.  

    “I want to use the restroom,” Woohyun clumsily gets up and makes his way through.  
    “I’ll go after him,” Chohee follows.
    Sunggyu immediately turns to Dongwoo, “what are you up to?”
    Dongwoo is taking aback, “what do you mean hyung?”
    “Don’t lie, you have been strange recently?” Sungyeol says, letting him know that Sunggyu isn’t the only one suspecting something.
    “Don’t tell us nothing, explains for yourself,” Sunggyu sounds firm and serious.
    Dongwoo takes a moment to register in what’s coming at him, hard and fast. He didn’t think it’ll make him feel this guilty. They watch Dongwoo opens his mouth a few times and closing it again.
    “You like her don’t you?” Sunggyu spits out what has been bothering him the most.
    Dongwoo and the rest stares at Sunggyu in shock.
    “W-what did you say?” Sungyeol asks astonished at the fact that was just revealed.
    “Y-you like Chohee-noona?” Sungjong asks. And everyone anticipated for his answer.
    Dongwoo knows that Sunggyu isn’t thinking the same as the other five, but it is just hard for him to reveal the truth when he knows he’s dreaming of something impossible.
    “You like Chorong don’t you?” Sunggyu reveals another piece of fact that has been bothering him and everyone ears open for the tense conversation. Not knowing where it will be leading towards.

    Chohee follows quietly behind Woohyun, just to make sure he isn’t running into anything that may injure him. She knows that any minute now they will come and take him away. She watches as he walks not knowing what he’s doing, the drink is really kicking in. She can’t help being guilty knowing that he’s helpless right now and she’s the cause for it. He’s innocent, she knows, but she already decided who’s important and who’s not. Those thoughts pain her.  
    Chohee watches as he walks into the wall, at this time his conscious is surely gone. When she knows she is already dashing towards him pulling him away from the hard wall. Without saying anything, she just stares at him. His heavy eyelids trying to make sense at what just happened. Tears swell up in her eyes just at the sight of him being defenseless, she wants to drag him home in a safe place where she knows no one can harm him. Harming her is enough, more than enough. She’ll take it all.
    “T-thanks,” he laughs, something just appears funny.
    Chohee’s tears slowly made its way down as two men in black suits reach for Woohyun. He smiles unknowingly as he feels another tug and the image becomes blurs as he distances away from the girl that just saved him. Chohee stares as he is being shove into a room; she’s sure that girl is waiting. Waiting for this day. She holds onto her heavy chest, her leaping heart that wants to jump out to be the hero. She pushes it back and walks out of the club, controlling her emotions.
    
    “Spill it Dongwoo. What’s all this about?” Hoya demands for an answer.
    “I-I…” Dongwoo stutters, feeling the whole world going against him.  
    “I-I like her. Chorong. I like her. From the start. I always did. But she only pay attention to Woohyun. I-I tried but it won’t work. As much as I try to push the feeling away, it comes twice as harsh and lead me into doing things that I never thought I would,” Dongwoo confesses like a man but tearing in the inside. A tear slides down his face, closing his eyes to sink in his mistakes.
    “What did you do wrong?” Sunggyu grits his teeth. “What’s the reason why you said you wanted to come here today?”   
    Dongwoo takes a deep breath before he reveals, “she asked me to help her.”
    “Chorong? In what?” L asks.
    “She wants me to make sure Woohyun gets to the club and she…”
    “Oh…that girl planned something evil didn’t she. Is that why Woohyun is so drunk?” Sungyeol widen his eyes in shock.
    “What’s taking them so long?” Sungjong asks, realizing all this time they haven’t return.
    “It’s too late now,” Dongwoo giggles like a lost puppy, can’t believe he the cause of why Woohyun’s life would be ruin.
    “Where are they?” Sunggyu immediately hovers over Dongwoo.
    “I don’t know, all she told me was just to get him here,” Dongwoo sadly speaks.
    Sunggyu throws a punch at Dongwoo, “wake up will you? It’s not late change now if you already know that it can’t be continuing on like this.” Everyone in the club stop for a second and stare.
    “Sunggyu-hyung,” Hoya pulls Sunggyu off of Dongwoo. Sungjong and Sungyeol walk to Dongwoo to check on him.
    “They may still be in here,” Dongwoo reveals.
    Sunggyu, Hoya, and L runs to where they earlier saw Woohyun headed.
    Dongwoo takes a second to sink in what just happen.
    “Are you okay?” Sungjong asks.
    “Sunggyu’s right. I still have a chance,” another tears slips down Dongwoo cheek before he stands up.
    “We can’t let this happen to Woohyun, can we?” Dongwoo asks.
    “Come one let’s go,” Sungyeol says and they all trail after the three just left.

    Her tears drip down uncontrollably. She’s the cause to all the chaos in Woohyun’s life. If she doesn’t exits, the smile on Woohyun’s face would never disappear. She wants to apologize to him many many times that she is terribly sorry. She just wants to save her family members. She knows that it’s complicated, but not this complicated. Perhaps because she feels something more towards her target.
    She told him that afterward, she’ll take him somewhere special. She didn’t lie, she’s telling the truth. Her deep regret, if she can return she will not let it happen. She knows it’s too hard to fight by herself. She’s has been hanging onto the tearing rope for too long. It’s tiring and dreadful. is dry, head is spinning, energy is drain, is it worth the fight? She wants to tell him something. Something from the heart and upon that thought something forcefully tugs her wrist swinging her around. Her beautiful face that is stain with tears seems to never have an end. It can’t be.