Chapter Twenty One

One Moment Is Enough

    “Sorry that I will be taking about an hour of your time,” Wooyoung holds onto his cup of warm coffee.
    Wooyoung invited Chohee to a discussion, something he claims as important. Chohee relaxes back on her chair ready to discuss business so she can leave. She is not in the mood to have fun and joke with anyone; she has real business to take care of. Anyone’s business is not as important as hers…it’s consider life and death.
    “Prepare yourself and don’t suspect much. Please listen to my whole story before you leave or make any decision,” Wooyoung dries his throat before starting his serious business.
    “I know that Mr. Park, Chorong’s dad, including herself is threatening you,” Wooyoung starts and upon hearing certain names, Chohee has nothing else to discuss with him.
    She departs from her chair aiming for the exit. Wooyoung immediately runs to block her way.
    “I know you must know enough to bring up the topic, but sorry I don’t have time to discuss it with you. I suggest you keep quiet and mind your own business,” Chohee steps aside leaving Wooyoung sighing to himself.
    “Chohee,” Wooyoung runs outside and grabs onto her wrist, “I know it’s difficult and dangerous, but hear me out.”
    “Sorry,” Chohee retrieves her wrist.
    Wooyoung sighs, guessing this is the only way out, “I will tell Woohyun everything if you don’t talk it out with me.”
    Chohee stops her track, “leave Woohyun out of this.”
    “How can I leave him when you are the one that is holding him in the mess?”
    Chohee relaxes her shoulders and turns around, “what do you want me to do?”
    “Come,” Chohee breaks the contact he just created.
    “Follow me,” he walks to his car with her following behind.
    
    “To not scare you, my father and I have been investigating about Mr. Park for years now, and we happen to know that you are one of his victims. We know the purpose of why you are with Woohyun now…but we will not stop your guys’ relationship if you both do have true feelings for each other. I just want to let you know that my father and I know Mr. Park’s plan of taking over Nam Corporation. We knew that Woohyun is the target…so when I heard that his parents passed away, I knew there is something behind the story. I know he is using you and you are having a hard time. You are doing this because he has your parents and younger brother. To make you feel at ease, we’ve found the place where your parents are being kept but it’s dangerous to release them at the moment so we have to deal with time.”
    Chohee slowly sinks in all the information Wooyoung is throwing at her. Now it’s not only her that knows the story, there are actually many others out there that knows the whole story, so she can’t pretend that there’s nothing wrong anymore. However, she does feel a bit at ease knowing that the place her parents are being kept is now revealed.
    “I just want to let you know that you are not on your own now. We are planning to capture Mr. Park as soon as possible, but in the meantime, we will need your help. In any case, if Mr. Park or Chorong happens to reveal anything that will help us, I’m kindly asking you to let us know.”
    “I have one request.”
    “Please say it.”
    “Don’t tell Woohyun anything. Hide everything from him. Even if you’re planning to tell him everything except that they’re using me, please don’t.”
    “Why?”
    “I’m afraid it will danger him and everyone else. Also, he already has a lot to worry about. I don’t want him to…”
    “You are already attach much to him, aren’t you?”
    “Please do as I ask?”
    Wooyoung chuckles seeing how Chohee ignores and denies the fact that she fell for Woohyun in the process.
    “I can’t guarantee that of you…I believe it’s best if Woohyun knows so he can mentally and physically prepare himself for the upcoming news.”
    “That is only what I ask of you if you want to hear news of the Parks.”

    Chohee walks back and forth in the living room. Is she thinking too much about it, that it’s getting big or is it okay? She taps her index finger against her chin as she stares in space. The last time she had a talk with Mr. Park he said to ignore his daughter and do as plan. But Chohee can’t gurantee that Chorong will not do anything crazy. Who knows what can a desperate girl like her do?    
    Chohee opens her message and reread the last text she receive…time is getting near I hope you are doing as plan.
    *Ding Dong*
    Chohee panics and accidentally drops her phone. Who would visit her at such time of the day, twelve noon? The only people that know where she lives are only Mr. Park and…Woohyun. She runs to the curtains on the side and peeks through finding a handsomely dressed in suit Woohyun standing at her door.
    What is he doing here?    
    *Knock Knock*
    “Chohee I know you’re in there, open up.”
    She steps away from the door and back into the living room, who is he to command her to open the door? She doesn’t want to see him at the moment and don’t want to talk to him. Doesn’t he know she just got blown by a big tornado?
    “I’ll stay here until you open the door,” he announces and since then she hasn’t hear anything from him.
    He can’t possibly sit there and not do anything. He has too much to do to waste time.
    
    She ate some snacks and cooks a simple dinner for herself. She didn’t want to eat any major meal because she wants to go out in the night, have a night walk under the stars, and enjoys some street food.
    Sometime it’s confusing that Mr. Park is using her to his best advantage, but he still gives her money and will not let her work. Probably because he’s a bit, no too caught up in the idea of being on top that he is willing to sacrifice a little. Oh well, her allowance for working for him is large enough for her to fool around. Not that she wants to use the filthy money, but she’s angered and wants him to roll down the hill as soon as possible.
    Chohee puts on a khaki trench coat and heads out the door. She halts as she sees Woohyun sitting on the doorstep with his back leaning against the column for support. His eyes are close and softly breathing. She has completely forgotten that Woohyun was outside. She quietly walks pass him away from the entrance, but she stops and looks back. Pass six it will be cold and who knows when he will wake up and go home.
    Hesitate to leave, she heads back inside and brings out a blanket, big enough to cover his whole body. She gently lays the blanket on him, avoiding coming in contact, afraid to wake him up. Who knows what can he do once he’s awake, her fun in the evening will probably be ruin.
    “Please leave when you wake up,” she whispers before leaving.

    Chohee takes two steps down the the porch steps and stiffen as she feels a pairs of arms engulfing her. She turns her eyes and finds Woohyun smiling.
    “I will only leave when I see your face.”
    “Please leave now then,” she fights with him to part.
    “I haven’t seen your face,” he smirks.
    She stops and sighs, but he remains still and unmove.
    “Are you going to turn me around, check my face out, and then release me and go home?”
    Woohyun chuckles, which annoys Chohee. She elbows his stomach and his hold on her loosens.
    “Why are you so violent?” he rubs his stomach.
    “Please leave,” her cold air slaps him in the face.
    “Ouch…I haven’t you seen for a few days now and that’s how you treat me when I visit.”
    Chohee ignores him and continues to walk down her walkway. Woohyun runs to block her way, standing coolly before her, hands in his pocket staring blankly.
    “Excuse me.”
    Whichever side Chohee steps to, Woohyun follows. Chohee refuses to talk back to him and continues to play.
    
    Woohyun lightly chuckles when he sees her irritated face, he finds it adorable. Without warning, Chohee pushes Woohyun away. He didn’t expect that and steps a few steps back; he looks back up at her, questioningly. Chohee walks pass him without saying anything.
    “I’m sorry, may I accompany you?”
    “No.”
    “Please.”
    “No.”
    Woohyun stops when he feels his phone vibrates, “hello.”    
    “Woohyun, I’ve just receive a recently new from the police about your parents’ death. It may not have been an accident but someone intended action…and I think Mr. Seo Suk-Chul is involved perhaps, he is the murderer,” Woohyun can hear Mr. Ma Jong-Pil voices echoes.