Chapter Twenty

One Moment Is Enough

    She patiently waits for the voices of frustration to be gone, but she is curious. Why are they chasing him? And she thought he was…..a loud shotgun pierce through the empty landscape. She immediately curls up and the body presses against hers to assure her of protection.
    “Okay…we’re safe now,” the breath against her skin warms up her low temperature neck.
    A sudden thought hits her, she will not lose this perfect chance. She must take action now or never. An hour hasn’t past yet.
    He said that it’s safe, so she’ll takes those words. She searches for his hands and laces it with hers. A shocking move for him. She pulls him out of the pitch-black death, and drags him back to where she came from. She enters the building she exited earlier. The female receptionist is gone but she can careless; she pulls him to where she wants him at.
    He wonders, why would she return there? And why?
    
    Chohee stops in front of the waterfall where smokes circulate the small stream and around the waterfall, highlighting the warmth of the place. She recalls the first time he brought here there. She didn’t believe in anything, but this time it’s different. She wants to be the one making a wish for him. She gathers her courage together and faces him.
    It is indeed Woohyun. But not like how she sent him to Chorong. His hair is in a mess, fresh bruises wounded at the corner of his lips, and blood coming down from the wound on his forehead. She doesn’t know how or why he’s standing there, in front of her, but all she cares at the moment is to say it all out.    
    “You said, this place has a history that if you wish for something and if smoke comes out and surround you then your wish will be granted.”
    Woohyun looks at her with his slightly confused and painful expression.
    “I will like to give it a try.”
    It’s like a mirror of the pasted scene.

    Chohee smiles lovingly at the man before her, “let me be the one…” she says it short and simple, didn’t want to reveal too much details. She finishes it off within her thoughts, …to protect you even if it’s risking my life. Let me be the one.
    Woohyun is dumb-founded, just today she brushed him off his feet with so many unknown actions and unexpected words. He opens his mouth to question her but she wraps her arms around his neck and draws him in for a sweet chaste kiss.
    Woohyun widen his eyes, her actions are just extremely over the top. She is filled with question marks and pouring confusion. She pulls away, sadden at the thoughts that no smoke came out.
    Woohyun can see the sudden change in her eyes, “don’t give up yet.”   
    “Who said I’m giving up,” she pouts and takes a deep breath before forcefully kissing him.
    She takes the initiative and draws him in deepening the kiss. He closes his eyes and savors in the moment. She kisses him passionately careless of the blood that stain his kissable lips. She keeps their lips lock; she not losing until the smoke surround the two confirming her wish. There’s nothing as important as protecting the ones she loves…guessing Woohyun made his way onto her list. He climbed over the barrier and now exists in her dangerous heart.
    Woohyun softly puts his arms around her waist and respond to her dreamful kiss. Unknowingly, smokes start to circulate at their feet. Chohee pulls back, losing her breath in the long kiss. She never done it before and she isn’t sure when will it happen again. He presses his forehead against hers as smoke makes their way up filling the room with thick fog.
    “You have a lot to explain but I won’t ask you anything. I’ll just patiently wait for your explanation,” Chohee can’t tell whether he’s mad or not.
    It’s hard to read him, because when he’s mad or angry he acts like there’s nothing going on. But at this at this point, they are both curious about each others. Thousand of questions are unanswered but neither wants to push the button, something might go wrong.
    He’s confuse about her. Who she is? How does she knows Chorong? Why is she constantly wounded? What happened to Jihoo? Does she have any parents? And mostly importantly, how does she feels about him?
    She’s also confuse about him. How did he manage to get out? She was the one that gave him the drink and even saw with her own eyes, they took him into the room. Also, where did all the bruises come from? How did he know that she was there? Can’t be coincidence? Can it?
    “Just because you took the initiative to kiss me doesn’t mean that what you did is off the hook. Doesn’t mean that I’m not angry or mad,” he pinpoint before dragging her out of the white clouds.
    
    He doesn’t know how happy she is. Her chance to see him again and to make it right. She let him drag her all the way home without a words. Inside, she the most happiest just with the slightest contact between the two.
    
    “Guys, Woohyun’s safe now we can return,” Sunggyu says after hours of searching for him.
    “He could have called us earlier,” Sungyeol complains massaging his long legs.
    “What about Chohee-noona? She disappeared after…”
    “Don’t worry…does it seem like Woohyun will let  her off the hook?” Hoya points.
    “If he was able to get away from Chorong, I’m sure he knows what he’s doing,” L comments.
    “Head on home. I don’t want any of you wondering around anymore,” Sunggyu hisses.
    “Alright sir,” Sungyeol immediately salutes.
    “Don’t be ridiculous,” Hoya punches Sungyeol’s arm.
    “You all can go home by yourself, right? I’ll take Dongwoo,” Sunggyu says as he pulls Dongwoo out.
    “Go on home,” L says to the others before leaving.
    “Tsk…you guys are suppose to take me home and make sure I’m safe,” Sungjong scoffs before walking off.
    
    Mr. Park sits in the chair as Chorong is tie to the headboard of the bed.
    “Who told you to command Chohee?”
    Chorong remains silent.
    “With that attitude of yours, do you know how easy my plan for years could have been destroy?”
    Chorong holds back her tears. There’s no use of shedding tears when she knows it’s useless.
    “Answer me,” Mr. Park raises from his chair preventing himself to abuse his child.
    “If you interfere with my plan again, don’t even mention of how cruel your dad can be,” Mr. Park didn’t even glance once at his daughter, “I already promise you that when I receive what I want, you will receive what you want to. Don’t rush it.”
    Chorong tightly grips onto the rope tying her hands as his father walks out the door.
    “Chorong,” Doojoon caress Chorong’s cheek.
    She forcefully pushes his hand away.
    He smirks before calmly speaks, “get some rest.”

    “Your punishment,” Woohyun hands her the first-aid kit.
    Chohee stares at her doubtfully and when she remembers his wounds she lightly smiles and grabs the kit from him.
    “This is only your first small punishment,” he grumpily takes a seat on the couch waiting for her to work her magic on him.
    Chohee secretly smiles sitting next to him. Woohyun scoots closer to her, closing in the gap between them. He is too close that she starts to feel uncomfortable and scoots back a little. He follows her.
    Chohee opens to say something but he quickly hushes her up with a quick peck on her cheek, “just do your work if you don’t want me to carry you to my bed.”
    Chohee glares at him before pushing away the thoughts. She lights pushes the cotton onto his lips.
    “Are you wondering how I got these?” Woohyun reads her face.
    She remains silent, yes she is but she can’t admit it.
    Woohyun chuckles, “I know you’re worry about me. No need to hide it, it’s written all over your face.”
    Chohee breathes before sending some death glares to him.
    “I told you those don’t work on me anymore. Cause I figure you’re not like that,” he shrugs his shoulder like a child.
    She roughly pushes the cotton onto his forehead, “owh…you’re so mean. you’re not even worry about me. You know it was because of you that’s why I’ve got bruises all over my body.”
    Chohee softens.
    “So here’s my story while you were hanging out with Woo…young,” Chohee shots him a surprise face.
    “Yes…I was with you the whole time from beginning until now. Right when you walk away from Chorong’s room I dumped her and followed you. But I was followed with her bodyguards so I couldn’t come to you right away until I loses them.”
    Her thoughts are still hanging in the air.
    “Did you think that I don’t know there’s something going on with you?”
    Chohee didn’t answer and keeps herself busy by cleaning up the mess she created. Her actions just confirms his thoughts that she’s hiding something from him.
    “When you ask me to go to the club with you, I immediately knew something was wrong so I tagged along. When you gave me the drink, I switched it while you look away. Because I saw you checking your text. Whenever you check your text, something strange always happen.”    
    Chohee looks at him speechless, can he really put the pieces of the puzzles together that quick?
    “Speechless?” he smiles.
    “No…just thinking that you have some nice thoughts there. Maybe I should use it against you more often. Sorry…I receive a text so I got to go. Expect something strange to happen,” she gets up and leave.
    Woohyun grabs her wrist and pulls her down to him while he lay back on the couch with her onto.
    “What are you doing?” she starts to blush at the sudden contact.
    “I’ve shares my story.”
    Chohee stares a him with an and-face.
    “You’re not even worry or going to praise how smart I am,” Woohyun breaks away from his purpose.
    “No…I’m not worry cause you said you’re smart so there’s no need to worry,” she tries to break away from his grips.
    “I’m tired, can you sleep here today?” he pats his chest.     
    “No,” and he is already pushing her head down to his chest, holding it in place.
    “You’re so mean.”
    “And?” she tries to break away.
    “I need you to heal my heart,” he whispers and lightly kisses her forehead, “I’m still not over the part that you agree to let Wooyoung go with you, but you never let me.”
    She relaxes her muslces and lets her forehead touches his warm heart, where he said it’s wounded. She closes her eyes, but she couldn’t fall asleep.
    
    “Woohyun?” she calls…it’s just uncomfortable and wrong.
    When she hears nothing she moves her head upward and find him peacefully sleeping. She smiles and gets off him.
    Chohee searches for a blanket and returns to cover him up.
    “Good night Woohyun. Thanks for everything. Sorry that I have cause you much pain…,” it’ll only gets worst from here on.
    She sincerely touches the bruise on the corner of his lips; she can’t deny that Woohyun is something more than her target.