Chapter Sixteen

One Moment Is Enough


    “Let me guess. Your so-called girlfriend is not here again?” Sungyeol asks.
    “Is it really true that she’s now your real real girlfriend?” Hoya pops in front of the sulking Woohyun.
    “How many times are you going to confirm that?” Sunggyu pushes Hoya out of the way.
    “Until it gets inside my head,” Hoya finds his seat and sits, making faces at Sunggyu.
    “Let’s predict what’s going to happen about Woohyun and his girl,” L excitingly speaks, grabbing everyone attention.
    “What do you mean?” Sungyeol shows a sudden interest.
    “Predict what will happen to them,” L simply states again.
    “I predict Chohee-noona also likes hyung but just hides it; she’ll sooner or later confess,” Sungjong brightly smiles, suddenly got Woohyun interested.
    “I predict that she doesn’t even like hyung one bit and she’ll never confess,” Sungyeol sticks out his tongue at Sungjong, bringing Woohyun’s mood down again.
    “I predict that their love will be very dark very very tiring…,” Hoya dreamily says looking into the sky.
    Sunggyu wants to throw his fists at Hoya’s head again but restrains himself from doing so.
    “I predict that…well I honestly don’t know because anything can happen,” L seems to be carefully thinking about what he’s saying.
    “Yah…,” Sungyeol glares at L, “you were the one saying that we should predict. What kind of prediction is that?”
    “L’s kind of prediction,” L plainly says.
    “I predict that it won’t be easy. She may return his feelings but getting together and accepting everything isn’t easy,” Dongwoo says.
    “What?” they all synchronized together, didn’t quite get his prediction.
    “I don’t know, just felt like saying it…it’s my prediction,” Dongwoo shrugs their cold stares away.
    “Sunggyu?” Hoya stares at him.
    He’s the only one that haven’t say anything yet.
    “Me?” Sunggyu points to himself, “well I don’t have one. And I don’t want to think of one. It’s useless. Whatever that’s going to happen will happen. Why bother?”
    “You’re no fun,” Sungyeol growls.
    “Since when do you think I am fun?” Sunggyu stares at Sungyeol with daggers shooting.
    Woohyun listens to his friends bitterly arguing back and forth as he plans to visit Chohee after school.
    
    “Here comes the evil,” Sungyeol sings to Woohyun as they pass the school gate.
    “Hi Chorong-noona,” Sungjong waves but she purposely ignores him and walks straight to Woohyun, lacing her arms with his.
    “Chorong let go,” Woohyun brushes her hands off.
    “Woohyun-oppa I purposely came here so we can go…”
    “I don’t remember making any appointment with you,” Woohyun roughly speaks.
    “Burn,” Sungyeol whispers to his groups as they stand on the side watching the tense scene.
    “Guys I will leave now,” Woohyun walks away and Chorong runs to blocks his way.
    Spreading her arms like a flying eagle, “you’ll feel very sorry if you say the second time I ask you.”
    Woohyun steps aside leaving without answering.
    
    Woohyun speeds all the way to Chohee’s neighborhood passing by a black car before pulling up to her driveway where he found her unconscious last time. No one answers as he constantly rings the doorbell. He sighs deeply sitting down on the cold cement doorstep, she should be home soon right?
    
    “Whatever you do…I don’t care. Just take actions before Mr. Shin and him signs the official contract to carry on the project that Mr. Shin had already started planning.”
    Chohee remains quiet while holding onto Jihoo’s hand securing him.
    “Grab her.”
     The men in black suits separate Chohee and Jihoo.
    “Whenever I talk to you answer me.”
    “Don’t hurt my noona,” Jihoo yells as he tries to break free from strong men.
    “Do you hear me? You’re time is running up or this little rascal and your parent will be finish.”
    They push Chohee and Jihoo together. Clashing against each other they falling to the ground.
    “Mr. Park your daughter is calling….”
    Chohee picks up Jihoo as the guy she strongly detests walk away.
    
    “Noona can we go see hyung?” Jihoo asks as they walk down the crowded street.
    They have been walking for hours now and Chohee have not said anything.
    “Noona,” Jihoo stops and tugs her hand for her attention.
    Chohee stops and looks down at Jihoo, “can we go see hyung?”
    “Who?”  
    “Woohyun-hyung.”
    “Why?”
    “Hungry.”
    “Jihoo…”  Chohee is about to lecture him when he quickly defend himself.
    “I just want to go thank him for cooking of us yesterday,” she isn’t sure to why she agrees to drag Jihoo to Woohyun’s office or why would she be the one searching for him.
    But she can deny that she also wants to see him, she wants to feel secure at the moment.  
    
    They reach the Nam’s building and Chohee stands there staring at the front entrance.  
    “Why are we not going in?” Jihoo stares blankly at the door where people goes in and out.
    Chohee steps back; she can’t just go in. She doesn’t even know what to say when he sees her. She isn’t even sure to why she came there in the first place.  
    “Jihoo let’s return,” Chohee takes a step back.
    “But noona I haven’t seen hyung yet,” Jihoo’s eyes sadden.

    “Woohyun, people are gossiping outside that they see someone looking like Chohee standing outside with a child,” his secretary sets a document down on his desk.
    Woohyun immediately rush up from his chair and parts the curtain peeking outside only to see them walking off.
    “Thank you so much…please prepare everything I need to finish on my desk,” Woohyun grabs his blazer and rushes outside putting it on.

    “Chohee…,” Woohyun calls.
    Chohee looks back and sees him catching up and she quickly fasten her pace, but Jihoo opposes and breaks from Chohee running toward Woohyun.
    “Hyung…” Jihoo rushes to him.    
    Woohyun stops and picks up Jihoo.
    “What are you two doing here?” Woohyun asks.
    “Noona wants to see you,” Jihoo smiles at Chohee as she glares at him.
    Such a liar he is.     
    “Come on Jihoo let’s go home. It’s getting late,” Chohee says.
    “How about dinner at hyung’s place?” Woohyun asks Jihoo.
    “Really yay…and can we sleep over too?” Jihoo asks full of excitement.
    “Of course you can.”     
    “No you’re not,” Chohee grabs Jihoo from Woohyun, “you’re going home with me.”
    Woohyun grabs Jihoo back, “he’s going home with me…”
    Chohee stares at him and just walk away.
    “And so are you,” he quicken his pace up to her and lace his hand with her.
    “Let go,” she demands.
    “Make me,” Woohyun says causing Jihoo to chuckles seeing her sister so hopeless.
    “What so funny?” Chohee immediately hushes Jihoo.
    “Jihoo no need to be scare hyung is here to help you when noona bullies you,” Woohyun assure him.
    “If you help me I’ll share some of noona’s secret with you,” Jihoo smiles.
    “Yah…Jihoo will you stop it.”
    “Alright I’ll help you but you have to tell it all to me,” Woohyun says smiling at Chohee.
    “Yah…but I’m hungry,” Jihoo frowns.
    “Alright let’s go home first then,” Woohyun says as he drags Chohee along while carrying Jihoo.
    
    “This is hyung’s house?” Jihoo asks, excited to see the inside.
    Woohyun nods opening the front door and Jihoo rushes inside running around in every room then back to them, “I want to sleep here today with hyung.”
    “We’re going…”
    “You can stay as long as you want,” Woohyun interrupts not want any of them to leave.
    “No…we are going home,” Chohee raises his voice at Jihoo.
    Jihoo starts to tear up and hides behind Woohyun. Woohyun kneels down and puts his hand on Jihoo’s shoulders.
    “It’s alright if Chohee won’t let you stay. There’s still next time,” Woohyun tries to comfort him.
    “B..b…but I know noona wants to stay too. She misses you,” Jihoo talks with his big frown.
    Chohee signs, biting her bottom lips can’t believe this little kids is making up lies.
    “Alright then you can stay but if Chohee wants to go home she can. Is that okay?” Woohyun suggests.
    “I’ll stay with him,” Chohee says.
    “See see I told you. Noona wants to stay with you,” Jihoo brightens up.
    “Only so I can take you home afterward.”
    “Hyung….,”
    “Okay we are all staying and no one’s leaving and that’s final.”
    “So can we eat now?” Jihoo mumbles.
    “What do you want to eat?”
    “Anything.”
    “Alright wait for the food then,” Woohyun smiles leaving Jihoo and Chohee.
    “Jihoo,” Chohee grits her teeth.
    “Hyung can I say with you?” Jihoo calls running after him.

    “I’m full,” Jihoo says can I go to sleep now.
    “Alright…”
    “Can you take me to your room?”
    “Let’s go then, shall we?”
    Jihoo jumps off his chair and reaches for Woohyun’s hand.
    Chohee watches as they disappear and starts stacking the dishes into the sink.
    
    Woohyun tucks Jihoo in his bed, “hyung do you like noona?”
    “Of course I do,” Woohyun smiles.
    Jihoo smiles before closing his eyes and setting off to dreamland.
    Woohyun smile kissing his forehead before heading out.
    Chohee finishes the dishes as she turns off the faucet. She turns around shocks to see Woohyun leaning against the door entering the kitchen.
    “Sorry,” he quickly tries to come up with an excuse that will not make him look like a crazy stalker.
    “Is he asleep?” Woohyun nods.
    Chohee sighs, he was troublesome today.
    “You should go sleep too. You look tire,” Woohyun says.
    “What about you where are you going to sleep?” Chohee question realizing that Jihoo has taken his bed.
    “I’ll just sleep with him in case he wakes up in the middle of the night or…,” Woohyun smirks, “I can spend the night in your room. I prefer that.”
    “Good night…,” Chohee immediately tries to run away.     
    As she passes him he pulls her back and embraces her setting his chin onto her shoulder as his arms encircles her waist. His chest comes in contact with hers.
    “Woohyun…”
    “I miss you,” he says and she stops talking.
    She’s just doesn’t know what to say to him. I miss you too…no it’s not what she’s likely to reply back.
    Woohyun remains silent as thoughts circulates in his mind thinking of the right way to send his message to her.
    “Have a good night sleep,” he kisses her forehead and leaves down the dark hall leaving her puzzled. He looks troubled.