Chapter Twenty Six

One Moment Is Enough

    Woohyun’s first glance, Chohee is on the ground covered in blood surrounded by her family members. He sees Jihoo lying lifelessly on the ground as the crying voices of the two women races with each other. Another body next to Jihoo seems to have been her father.
    Woohyun locks eyes with Chohee; he is astonished at the bloody view, seeing the hurtful painful memories in Chohee’s eyes. Her blurred eyes stare at Woohyun, why did he have to find where she’s at? She is silently hoping for her to vanish without a trace, his safety would have been at a higher rate.

    “Dongwoo, where are you going?” L raises his voice after him dashing away from the area of protection.
    The gunshots must have triggered some thoughts of his.
    “What is he doing?” Sungyeol asks, clueless along with the remaining.
    “After him…we must not let him do anything without double thinking,” Sunggyu says as the general let the five and a few police officer run after Dongwoo.
    “Careful,” Wooyoung advises.
    
    “Chorong…put down your gun,” Doojoon takes the initiative to talk after the silent moment of the gunshots.
    “Don’t come near me,” her widen eyes are constantly looking from left to right, making sure no one is harming her.
    “I won’t harm you. No one will. Put down your gun,” Doojoon parts away from Mr. Park heading toward the gun.
    His heart is willing to talk and work it out with the girl that just murder three people, one of them includes her father.
    “I said stop right there…,” Chorong nervously backs up…not sure if she wants to shoot another.
    
    Woohyun walks up as Chorong yells, “stop right there…don’t you even dare touch her.”
    Woohyun stops, glancing back at Chohee and Chorong.
    “I’ll ask you one last time. Answer right and you’ll live, answer wrong and I’ll kill her,” she points to Chohee.
    The pained woman that cries nonstop on the ground, for her dead father and brother, can’t function properly.
    “Me and her…who do you choose?” Chorong asks, completely ignoring Doojoon.
    Woohyun breathes, knowing that this isn’t the time to play with Chorong. Woohyun looks at Chohee with his longing eyes, his passion and care all running toward her, embracing her without even touching her.
    Another tear falls from Chorong’s eyes, knowing the meaning of what his dad had said, she’s someone he wouldn’t even look at twice.
    “I would choose…”
    “Don’t even say it….I know it’s her…I can see it….” Chorong shakes her head as she pulls her trigger again, “either way I can’t have you…”
    *tuosh*
    “EOMMA…,” Chohee yells at the top of her lungs seeing blood gushing out of her mother’s fresh wound.
    She robotically looks at her mother as she stumbles to speaks, ending up breathless on top of her father with Jihoo lying on the side.
    “Chohee…” Woohyun rushes to her side hugging her tightly, knowing how much she had been though.
    She thought her family would witness her death but it ends up with Chohee witnessing all the death of her family members. All killed by Chorong. Each and everyone slowly dying in front of her two eyes, painfully she can’t help.
    “Chorong…” Doojoon calls earning a bullet in his leg by Chorong.
    “P…pl..please stop,” Doojoon holds onto his pain while begging her to stop.
    “Pl…please don’t hurt anyone anymore…Woohyun will not love you even if you kill everyone…,” Doojoon breathlessly spits out everything he wants to say.
    “Sorry…sorry…that I’ve came late. Are you okay?” Woohyun kisses Chohee’s forehead, embracing her tightly as he can.
    He wants to protect her but is afraid that something may happen out of bound. Chohee is too tired to answer, too exhausted to speak.
    Chorong didn’t want to believe her ears, of course she can see clearly that if she’s the only girl in the world, there’s no way Woohyun would even look at her. But it is too hard for her to believe so. It’s unbelievable.
    
    “As long as she doesn’t exist…as long as she’s not by Woohyun’s side to pain my heart,” Chorong convinces herself that’s as long as Chohee disappear then she’ll be fine.
    “If I don’t get to be with him nor will you…,” Chorong points the gun at them and Chohee immediately jumps in front of Woohyun to block him when she sees the gun pointing. She is faster and much more cautious than him. That is what she learned from living under the Parks, cautious and alert all the time.     
    *tuosh*
    *tuosh*
    *tuosh*
    
    Chohee loosen her tight grip on Woohyun as the gunshots die down, with small echoes.
    “Chorong…” Chorong turns to the entrance seeing Dongwoo.
    “Don’t come here…,” she points her gun as she heads toward him.
    “I didn’t do anything wrong,” Chorong yells at Dongwoo when she hears Woohyun calling Chohee’s name nonstop.
    Dongwoo isn’t able to blink staring at how many bodies are lying on the ground, dead.
    Chorong uses the opportunity to run away.
    “Chorong…,” Doojoon yells, waking up Dongwoo.
    When Dongwoo notices that Chorong’s disappear, he follows.

    “Woo…woohyun,” Chohee breathes heavily as the three bullets hit her back at different places.
    “Hang on Chohee…please hang on…,” Woohyun repeats picking her up as he runs out.

    It is already nighttime. Stars already start to hang around each other in the darken sky. Seeing them so close but yet so far. Shines too bright but living in pain and loneliness that no one knows. The Midnight House lights up with lampposts and lights around. It’s such an amazing sight but truthfully, inside…is full of burning memories and excruciating voices yearning to leave at once. Gunshots are still present, echoing after one another. The outside must be running crazy like a maze.

    “Woo…hyun,” he can hears her drained voice but refuses to hear so.
    “S…stop,” her aching heart fights to keep beating.
    Woohyun refuses to listen to her vanishing voice…his is unwilling to accept what he doesn’t want to think of.
    “L…let me say what I…I have to say…before it’s too…too late,” she breathes and he stops.
    Chohee feels a few droplets of water landing on her cheeks. She knows well enough that it’s not raining.
    “Set me down…” her voices trails.
    He obeys sitting down and let her head falls to his shoulders. He isn’t able to exit the house yet…they are now somewhere inside. Secluded.  
    He bites onto his bottom lips as he feels her blood rushing out, drenching his arm and part of his sleeve in blood.
    Chohee struggles to get something out of her pocket.
    “H-here…,” she hands it to Woohyun.
    He grabs it from her seeing a necklace.
    “I’ll be the moon for you…my star. We come out at the same time of the day, nighttime, but yet so far in distance. But it doesn’t matter, as long as you are able to shine brightly, I will watch over you. Just look into the sky and I’ll lead you.”
    Woohyun sets his chin onto her forehead listening to her speaking, crying as softly as he can.
    “Woohyun…look at me,” she gently asks.
    He hesitates, doesn’t want to show his weaken face in front of her.
    Chohee reaches her hand out touching his face despite the pain from her wounds. She brings his face down to her as she uses all her strength left to lift herself and plants a kiss onto his lips. Woohyun tears drip down onto her cheeks mixing along with hers as it falls off to the ground.
    “Promise me…promise me that you’ll live well.”
    Woohyun silently cries nodding to her.
    “Promise?” he nods.
    “Talk to me…,” she wants to hear his voice before her eyes close. It’s getting heavy as she fights.
    “Why? Why? Why did you…”
    “I…I can’t let you die. If one of use can only live…it…it has to be you. There are so many things that you have left to live for…your parents’ wish, the corporation that you works so hard for, your friends…” I wished to let me be the one…..
    “What about you?”
    “Nothing…my parents left me along with my brother…there’s nothing left.”
    “There’s still me. Chohee…please hanging in there for me…please,” Woohyun pleads pressing his lips onto hers again as blood stains his flawless face.
    “Then…promise that you’ll continue to live well for me.”
    “I can’t…without you.”
    “Do you remember about the bracelet when you first told me to wait for you?”
    Woohyun chuckles upon calling the old time memories, “of course I do. I kept it in a safe place. You need to stay strong because you haven’t received it back from me yet.”
    “I don’t want it back. The bracelet and necklace are my two most valuable items please keep them in a good place for me,” Woohyun nods again hearing her voice trailing off again.
    Her breath pace increases, she grasps for breath often and grips onto his sleeves tighter each time the pain hits her.
    Chohee chuckles, “in this short moment…a lot had happen. I was thankful to Chorong and Mr. Park for letting me met such a wonderful person like you. Sometimes I thought that it would be great to continue my fake relationship with you until the end,” she pauses, “I ended up wanting to stay with you during for my whole lifetime…but it...it won’t happen.”
    Woohyun smiles hearing her soften heart, he actually knows that she, from the start through her cold eyes that she isn’t the girl she portrayed herself to be.
    “It doesn’t matter whether I get to be with you during my whole life or whether I get the chance to live longer with you. This short moment is enough. Enough to let me live and enjoy my time with the person that enters my heart…illegally.”
    
    “Chorong…” Dongwoo calls.
    “Stop right there. You don’t want to die too, do you?”
    “It’s alright Chorong.”
    “No it’s not…I just killed her…the person Woohyun loves the most and my father.”
    “It’s alright…,” Dongwoo tries, only earning a bullet across his arm.
    “I didn’t mean to…,” Chorong struggles to stands still as the scene of the people she killed flashes in front of her two eyes.
    “Go away,” she yells waving her hand in the air, “go away.”
    “Chorong…” Dongwoo yells, his heart dropped when seeing her pointing the gun to her head.
    “S…sorry…,” she mumbles before landing on the ground.
    “CHORONG…,” Dongwoo’s voice travels letting everyone know.
    He runs to her side, sweeping her off the ground, planting a kiss on her forehead, silently crying.
    Chorong’s one-sided love had brought her love and hatred. She was able to love someone dearly but never once did he glance twice at her. Around her, there are so many people that care for her, but she refused to see and believed because she has already sets her heart to one person…she can’t just love another person as if the old one never exist. She didn’t know it’ll be this painful. No one does. Loves comes and go as it wants to. There is no control. It can end in tears of joy or sorrow.

    “Always remember that you’re in my heart. I promise that I will shine brightly for you to see so you can find me. Promise to find me. Thank you Chohee. Thank you…Saranghae,” Woohyun manages to speaks seeing her face getting pale and paler each minute.
    “Thank you Woohyun…for letting me enter your heart. For taking care of me, caring for me. Sorry that I have to drag you into my problems…so-sorry…”

                                         “It was something that I had no choice. Something that I had to do even if it against my will.
                                                                            Sometimes it’s better if I can just careless.”


    “One Moment Is Enough….” Chohee mumbles as Woohyun plants another kiss on her forehead embracing her tighter and tighter afraid she’ll disappear if he won’t.
    
    “Saranghae….Woohyun” the whisper flies away with the wind. Anything can disappear in a blink of an eye.