Chapter Six

One Moment Is Enough

    Chohee slowly heads on over to his side and gather all his paper works. She slowly tries to pulls out the paper that he slept on. She tugs the papers out slowly, but it’s not really helping her. She let go of everything once he moves his head. She sighs and watches him as he shifts his position and turns his head side to side. She feels her phone vibrates and quickly checks it. After reading the quick message, she dashes off. Woohyun is left still deep in his dreams.
    
    Almost late again, Woohyun quickly rushes into his class five minutes before the bell rang.
    “Overslept again?” Sunnggyu asks.
    “Kind of,” Woohyun pretends to scratch his head and turns to eye Dongwoo.
    “What?” Dongwoo innocently turns away.
    “We tried already,” Sungjong then take his turn to turns away.
    “Tell us, what the hell were you doing at the club yesterday with her?” Woohyun grits his teeth trying not to speak so loud.
    Dongwoo lower his head, knowing that he did wrong.
    “Why didn’t you call me?” Hoya asks.
    “Trying to have all the fun by yourself,” Sungyeol pretends to be mad.
    “I’m serious here,” Woohyun says once more.
    “Dongwoo,” Sunngyu calls.
    Dongwoo finally turns to them, “I’m sorry. I’ll call you guys next time. Just thought you all were busy and Woohyun is busy with his new fake girlfriend. I just wanted to have some fun since we haven’t for a while.”
    The rest stares at him like they didn’t seem buy his reasons.
    “If I see it one more time I’m going to kill you,” Sunggyu says, “you’re not suppose to have fun all alone.”
    “Alright I got it.”
    “Don’t hang around her,” Woohyun says.
    “Who?” L suddenly has an interest.
    Sungyeol lightly punches his arm.
    “What’s that for? I just haven’t seen Dongwoo into any girl before,” L softly rubs his arm.
    “Are you talking about Chorong-noona?” Sungjong thinks of the girl with Dongwoo yesterday.
    “Why?” Dongwoo suddenly sounds angry.
    “Just…” Woohyun couldn’t finish, the bell interrupts him.
    They all stare at Woohyun before turning their attention to the teacher. As soon as the teacher starts her lecture, Woohyun’s mind starts to wondering about Chohee. When he woke up, there was no trace of Chohee. She didn’t even leave him a note or texted him…oh that reminds him he never actually asks for her phone number.
    
    Woohyun is on his way up to the rooftop. Crossing his fingers, he’s hoping to see Chohee so he can get an explanation to why she left without a word. He isn’t sure why he is so worry. He stops at the door as he place his on the lever to open the door. He takes a deep breath before opening the door.
    He loses all his hopes when he sees nothing, but only hears the wind blowing. Why is she never there now? He walks up to where he always sees her kicks the wall. Thinking about it, he doesn’t even know anything about her. What are her classes? Where does she usually hangs out at? If anyone asks him any questions about Chohee for sure they will find out that their dating is unofficial. Not that he cares…
    He messes his hair in frustration, the school is so small but he doesn’t even see her around. Running through his actions, he realizes that he’s over reacting for a fake boyfriend. Yes, showing love and care in front of others is what’s needed to be done, but the feeling out of everyone’s eyes shouldn’t be there.
    “Nam Woohyun…you ask her to be your fake girlfriend. Don’t be ridiculous,” he tells himself.
    
    Chohee walks home, happy. If and only if she exchanges her happiness, herself with it. She skips home like a little girl that just received candies. It was a good thing that she didn’t run into Woohyun at school because she has no good excuse for him.
    “I should just stay home today,” Chohee slumps onto the couch and turns on the TV.
    She is watching something that was sent to her.
    “Chohee, my lovely daughter don’t worry about your mother and I. We’re fine. Just take good care of yourself,” the fatherly voice echoes throughout the living room.
    “Please take good care of yourself. Don’t work yourself too much. We love you,” Chohee hears her mother speaks before the screen went blank, she can only sees the blackness taking over the screen that was covers with her parents’ smiles a few seconds ago.
    Tears are threatening to fall. She never wants to cry; she misses her parents so much. If time just passes by faster. Without knowing a tears slips down cheek and once it starts she can’t stop. She lays down on the couch and cries herself to sleep.

    Woohyun knows that stacks of works are waiting for him, but he just can’t concentrate. He’s been at his office for hours now, but still he sees no sign of Chohee. He tries to push her off his mind but as much as he wants to she crawls back.
    Woohyun irritating picks up his phone and texted his friends. In less than ten minutes, he enters the door of the club he was at yesterday.
    “What’s up with the sudden hangout?” Hoya asks.
    “No girlfriend?” Sungyeol asks.
    “I don’t hang around her all the time, it’s just a show so girls don’t bother me,” Woohyun grabs a drink.
    “Yeah right,” L scoffs, “seems like you’re having problems with her that’s why.”
    Woohyun glares at L.
    “So he’s right,” Sunggyu jumps into conclusion.
    Woohyun ignores them and gulps down his cup of alcohol.
    “Hyung, slow down before you get drunk. We have a long night,” Sunggjong warns.
    “So let us guess,” Sungyeol asks.
    “If you’re wrong I get to drink,” Woohyun says.
    “No,” Sungjong whines, “I’ll get in trouble if my uncle finds out that we’re here drinking on a school day.”
    “Let’s play,” Dongwoo ignores Sungjong.
    Sungjong glares at his hyungs sometimes he wishes he never asks for permission to have let them in.
    
    “Alright I’ll start,” Dongwoo says, “you’re trying to work but can’t because you’re brain is occupy with Chohee even if you try to ignore her.”
    Woohyun glares at him…how can he be so accurate.
    “I’m right,” Dongwoo smiles to himself.
    “Alright, my turn,” Sunggyu says, “first you want her to be your fake girlfriend but you really never thought to why you chose her.”
    Woohyun grabs another cup and swallows the whole thing.
    “So you actually thought about her before asking her out?” Sungyeol asks, “so are you trying to say that you knew her before you even planned such thing?”
    Woohyun remains quiet…and everyone assume it is true.
    “So you are worrying about her now?” Hoya asks.
    Woohyun grabs another cup but L stops him. Woohyun eyes him and he smirks.
    “That’s a lie. Hoya gets to drink it,” L takes the cup from him and hands it to Hoya.
    “How do I know that you’re lying? Mind telling us why you call us?” L asks, when he knows that the look on Woohyun’s face is dying for that answer.
    Woohyun stays quiet as Hoya drinks his shot.
    “No answer means it’s her,” L gladly picks up a cup and takes his shot.
    “Usually, you’re worry about the corporation and those hungry fishes, but today it’s your fake girlfriend,” Sunggyu says, seeing some changes in Woohyun, some good changes.
    Woohyun is going to grab another one but L pushes his hand away, “you’re lying again. Sunggyu gets the shot.”
    “Let’s stop this,” Sungjong says, “how about you tell us what’s on your mind instead?”
    “Sounds good,” Hoya says as everyone turn to him.
    “There’s nothing on my mind just too much work to handle.”
    “Lies…you never complains about your work,” Sungyeol happily says as he caught Woohyun red handed.
    “If you like Chohee-noona what so hard to admit about it?”
    “I don’t like her. I only met her for two days. All she is to me is a cold-looking fake girlfriend,” Woohyun quickly grabs a cup before anyone of them can stop him. He actually had met her for more than two days. He knew her weeks ahead of time before they first encountered each other.
    “Wow…since when Woohyun became an expert at lying,” Dongwoo laughs as the others laugh along.
    “Don’t act like you’re an expert,” Woohyun glares at Dongwoo.
    “At least I’m not as obvious as you,” Dongwoo smiles to himself.
    “You haven’t seen her all day long, have you?” Sungjong asks, sounding concern as always.
    “She left without telling me why and I didn’t even see her today,” Woohyun sadly admits.
    “Call her,” Hoya simply says.    
    “Oh…you fool. You didn’t even get her number huh,” Sunggyu smacks his head.
    “Isn’t this great, the famous Nam Woohyun is now sitting here crying over a cold-looking fake girlfriend,” Sungyeol laughs.
    “Well let’s say that his fake girlfriend thing is slowly not working. Might as well make her your real girlfriend,” L suggests.
    Woohyun is actually trying to think, never in his life has he got to think so hard. The rest watch as he drinks and daydreams.
    “Woohyun,” Sungjong calls when he figures that Woohyun has enough drinks. He looks like he’ll collapse any minute.
    “Wow…that was new,” Hoya admits.
    “Yeah, but it’s a good thing to see Woohyun setting down on something beside his works. He needs it,” Sunggyu says.
    “Let’s take him home before anyone finds us here. It won’t look so good,” L says.
    
    They all finally arrive at Woohyun’s house. Hoya and Sunngyu sets Woohyun onto the couch and they all stare at each others.
    “So who’s volunteering to stay with Woohyun tonight?” Sungyeol asks, “not me cause I don’t know how love sick people are.”
    Hoya smacks his head, “who here knows how love sick is?”
    “Just saying,” Sungyeol growls at Hoya, rubbing the back of his head.
    “Sunggyu-hyung, since he’s the oldest,” Dongwoo says.
    “All of us stay,” Hoya says, “we all have to be here for Woohyun.”
    “Right, let’s us stay, we can skip school tomorrow,” L happily states, since they haven’t skips school for a long time.
    Not that they’re bad but it’s just something they all likes to do once in a while.
    “Who says Woohyun-hyung needs you guy?” Sungjong asks his dumb hyungs.
    “Who does he needs beside us?” Sunngyu asks, feeling confident that it’s them.
    “Not you, not you, not you, not you, not you, nor me,” Sungjong points to each one, “but Chohee-noona.”
    “Did you drink something earlier?” Sungyeol asks, holding in his laughter, “didn’t you hear that he doesn’t even have her phone number? How are you going to contact her? Do you have her phone number?”
    “Who says I don’t have her phone number?” Sungjong smirks at his hyungs.