Chapter Twenty Five

One Moment Is Enough

     Woohyun spends the whole night along with the next morning at the police department searching for Chohee’s parents and possibly her location.
    “There’s still nothing,” Wooyoung disappointingly tells Woohyun.
    He can see through Woohyun’s eyes how much he worries for her. Yesterday until now, Woohyun did not calmly sit in a chair for more than thirty seconds.  
    “She’ll be alright…she’s bright enough to handle them. In fact, she has been with them for years; I’m sure she understands how they are.”
    Woohyun sighs staring at all the computers calculating and officers talking through their headset.

    “What did you say?” Mr. Park yells to the phone. “Where is she now?”
    Mr. Park angrily slams the phone to the ground watching as it shatters into pieces.
    “What is wrong?” Doojoon asks knowing Chorong must have taken action without permission.
    “She took Chohee over to Midnight House,” Mr. Park furiously heads out ready to have a nice chat with his daughter.
    
    Mr. Park accompany by Doojoon sit in the two hours ride to the Midnight house. The atmosphere is tense, since Doojoon knows that Mr. Parks isn’t in his correct state of mind, he didn’t want to bring up any ideas of his. If it weren’t for Chorong he probably wouldn’t have interfere with much of Mr. Park’s problem. He just couldn’t believe that for one girl he was able to have done so many horrible things. He shouldn’t have let his feelings control him, but either way he would still have been trap.
    It is close to evening already, four in the afternoon. The day is almost over and it is finally about time they arrive.
    “Watch over all the entrance. Make sure no one surpass or leave, if do, lock them up,” Mr. Park commands to the ten guards around him to give order out to the other fifty guards of the Midnight House.
    After order, Mr. Park followed by Doojoon and two guards leave inside where he locked Chohee’s parents.
    
    Woohyun and Wooyoung can hear the countless beeping by the computer, always claiming to have found the right location but in the end upon careful examination…it’s wrong.
    “The day is almost over again…,” Woohyun mumbles as his six other friends joined him an hour ago.
    They couldn’t sit still when hearing that Woohyun was in the police department and soon rushed by his side giving him the support he needs.
    “Found it. Found it…,” someone yells, his voice echoing throughout the room.
    Everyone rush to his side….. “it’s located on the borderline of Seoul close by Guri. I believe it’s a private property call Midnight House.”
    “Confirmation…close by Guri…called Midnight House…,” someone else reads off their screen.
 Woohyun can’t sit to listen to another piece of information as he’s ready to be the hero of the day.
    “Hold on…,” Sunggyu gets up, holding Woohyun back.
    “Let go hyung,” Woohyun tries to escape.
    He has been waiting for too long. His heart is not willing to wait any longer.
    “You should know how they are…going there…no entering the house will not be as easy.”
    Woohyun stops struggling in Sunggyu’s grip.
    “Here’s the layout…” a general enters holding onto a map, saving the day.

    Chohee now have some slight bruises on her bodies and a few minor cuts on her face, but not enough to make her suffer as she is tie next to her family members.
    “Is that little punishment good enough for you?” Chorong teasingly asks in a disgusted voice.
    “Don’t harm my daughter…just punish me,” Mr. Lee cries seeing his daughter suffering from pain that she doesn’t deserve.
    “Punish you?” Chorong laughs, “I don’t even know why daddy chose this family to deal with? Can’t he just rely on his daughter?”
    Chorong continues to flatter about herself until she hears a voice similar to her father.
    “Do you want to know why?”
    Astonished, she turns finding her dad’s scrunched eyebrows and tighten fist.
    “Daddy?” she thinks she is dreaming.
    “What do you think you’re doing?” Chorong wakens from her dreamland accepting the fact that her dad is in front of her.
    Her heart pounds against her chest, but her deep grudges keep her hanging.
    “Answer me!” Mr. Park yells, startling Jihoo.
    “Teaching her a lesson to not flirt with my husband?” Chorong bravely speaks back to her father.
    “Who’s your husband?”
    “Nam. Woo. Hyun.”
    “Repeat!”
    Doojoon’s tighten his fists, never understanding why Chorong can’t let him go. Can’t it possible be the same feeling?
    “Why did you bring him?” Chorong glares at Doojoon.
    
    Never in her life did she give any other title to Doojoon…in reality she never title him to anything. She didn’t even know why she had included Doojoon in her life. She only sees him as a puppy following her dad around. Perhaps, she never knew or understood the reason why the puppy is following her dad around. Chorong started with Doojoon as a random man for her to release anger on…but she never thought he would end up trailing along her path.
    “He’s your soon-to-be-husband. Don’t you think he has the right to know what his soon-to-be-wife is doing?”
    “Stop it!” Chorong yells, “I never agree to marry him. There’s no soon-to-be-husband or wife.”
    “You need to stop it,” Chorong frighten at her dad’s tone of voice, “when will you stop that crazy thinking of yours?”
    “Crazy? You think what I’m doing is crazy? Then how can you call marrying your daughter to someone she doesn’t love, not crazy? Or more importantly marrying someone your daughter loves to someone your daughter hates.”
    “Chohee has nothing to do with this topic. Why did you bring her here?”
    “Are you worry about her now? More than your daughter?” Chorong’s eyes tear up as she steps away from her father.
    “What right do you have to say that? You don’t even know.”
    “I don’t know…daddy, you clearly know that the first time I saw Woohyun I fell in love with him. And the next thing I heard from you was…going to raise Chohee up to court him. Did you know how hurt I was?”
    Chohee and the rest of her family listen quietly to the feud going on. Even if they want to use the moment to escape, there is no possible way. Nothing left to do, besides hearing the bitter argument between the father and daughter. A pitiful man and two expressionless guards standing lost in direction.
    
    “How did I not know? You think I can’t see through anything?”
    “What can you see through daddy besides becoming the number wealthiest man in the country?”
    “You’re blinded by love.”    
    Chorong laughs, “so should I say that you’re blinded by money.”
    “Are you mocking me now? If it weren’t for those money, do you think you’ll be able to live well. Get all the things you wanted?”
    “I don’t want any of it. None.”
    “What do you want then?”
    “Woohyun…” Chohee can’t believe how much Chorong can do just because for Woohyun.
    On a second thought, compare to Chorong…is her care for Woohyun not even worth comparing to Chorong’s?
    “Can you really not see it?”
    “Not see what? That you don’t care about me. Of course I do.”
    “That he doesn’t love you and never will!” Mr. Park has had enough of her tantrum.
    “What do you mean?” Chorong shakes her head not believing her ears.
    “Since the day I saw you with Woohyun. I know that you really like him. How would I not know? But can’t you see that he is not move by you. He does not view you anything more than a girl he once met. Why did I choose Chohee’s family? Must have been fate that they have to suffer under me. I have asked Mr. Lee nicely about lending his daughter over, but he had to make it difficult to the point that I have to turn everything the way it is now.”
    “STOP!” Chorong wipes away her uncontrollable tears.
    Chohee can’t believe her ears…if her dad were to given her up then they wouldn’t have to be torture in such cruelty manner. So now is it her fault. They wanted her. Not her family at all.
    
    “That’s how you see it?” Chorong smirks; Chohee doesn’t know what exactly is Chorong thinking. Upon seeing her all time, Chohee can never predict her actions. She always acts according to her feelings, letting emotions sweep her off the ground, turning her life upside down.
    “You don’t have faith that I can try to persuade Woohyun into liking me. You never gave me the chance!”
    “Chorong honey there’s no chance…,” Mr. Park doesn’t know how to make his point any clearer to his pained daughter.
    Is he wrong in doing so? That he sees Doojoon as the man who truly loves her and Woohyun as someone who would never glance at her twice.     
      
    “We’re getting there…” Sunggyu calms Woohyun.
    “When we get there…none of you guys are to leave this car beside me.”
    “What are you talking about? You do know how dangerous it is?” Hoya asks.
    “Of course I do that’s why…”
    “Who’s older here? It doesn’t matter. We have all taking lessons for self-protection…we are not as weak as we seem. We can help Woohyun. Just don’t worry about us. We have to do everything according to plan,” Sunggyu lectures Woohyun.
    “We’re here…” the seven of them hears through the speaker.
    “Promise me that you will not do anything reckless,” Sunggyu holds onto Woohyun.
    A moment of silence surface, Woohyun didn’t want to lie.
    “You’re not going anywhere until you…”
    “I promise.”
    “Alright…keep cautious,” Sunggyu says as they all leave the car.
    
    There were many cars that follow, stopping within a distance to not interfere with the planned plan. Many of the police officers prepare their weapons as the general looks through his telescope of how to enter the gigantic landscape without awaking the whole pack of wolf.
 Everyone is given a gun for protection, and everyone is expected to stay away from the House except for Woohyun. He recommended that he’s the target, the wanted, that started everything. He must enter to negotiate his own problem; hopefully no innocent lives will be taken.
    Woohyun along with five other officers enter the building first, and the rest follows if succeed. The rest of Woohyun’s friends and Wooyoung are kept back at the main center where everything is being tracked and watched.
    
    “We have to find another way…they are strictly guarding all the entrances. They must all carry weapons for protection too. We need to search for another way in; it’s close to dark already. Everything will become harder.”
    Woohyun eagerly scans the surrounding, “follow me,” he rushes over to a corner that he sees.
    “Seems like there’s no one guarding this area because there’s no grip to climb from here,” Woohyun focuses to think of a way to get to the other side.
    “If we can boost you up until that grip I think you can try from there,” another says finding something graspable.
    “If I get to the other side, I may be able to distract some guards away from their place and you guys can enter from there,” Woohyun says.
    “Alright, let’s give it a shot. But you must be extra alert while inside since there will be no one helping you.”
    Woohyun nods taking off his blazer, rolling up his sleeves, and the teamwork begins.

    “Why is he going in alone? Doesn’t he know how dangerous it is?” Sunggyu irritatingly growls watching as the rest support him up.
    “That’s the only way in… believe in him. There are some important lives inside to him,” Wooyoung cools.
    The rest watch as Woohyun strongly grips through each bricks to finally reach the top.
    As soon as Woohyun is able to balance himself on top, he already spies guards all over the place and his chance of being spies is high as the sky. He must take quick action before dying midway. He stares at the ground.
    “He’ll die jumping from there,” Sunggyu complains.
    “Hyung…I know you are worry…but remain silent. We are watching a hero here,” Sungyeol tries to distract Sunggyu knowing that everyone is also worry, but just trying to not tense anyone or anything.
    Woohyun doubts for a second that he’ll be able to reach down safely, he cannot get hurt in the first step or he’ll be useless. He slowly scoots over, taking small distance at a time.
    “What is he planning to do?” the general says.
    “The tree…he’s using the tree to get down safely,” Dongwoo says as they watch closely as he grabs onto the branch slowly making his way to the trunk.
    “Hyung…” Sungjong screams when he lost his grips and slips off the branch.
    Woohyun is lucky enough to have fast reflex and locks his hand with one of the branches, directing in another direction. He looks up noticing that brown trunk holding him happens to be one the smallest, probably not able to hold his weight for long. He slowly monkey bars through the branches and is able to safely land in the middle.
    “Did you hear that? I swear it came from over here,” Woohyun looks down seeing two guards walking over.
    “You’re just hearing things…this place is so far away. Who would come here? You’re just thinking too much.”
    They scan one last time before heading back to where they came from.
    Woohyun and the outsiders take the chance to head inside.

    “Leave now,” Chorong points at Doojoon and her father.
    “Leave here with us,” her dad says.
    “No. I have to take care of her first. There’s no use in her…,” Chorong’s voice trails off as she glares at Chohee.
    “Don’t you dare do anything to her,” Mr. Park firmly says.
    Chorong eyes are tearing up for the second time as she takes out a gun.
    “Chorong don’t do anything recklessly,” Mr. Park hisses as Doojoon and him back up first.
    Jihoo starts to cry when he sees the gun. It wasn’t his first time. They had used it many time to threaten him and shoot it for fun around him.
    “Jihoo don’t cry,” Chohee didn’t know how to calm his innocent brother.
    “Kill her now,” Chorong points her gun toward her dad and Doojoon as she commands the guards behind her.
    Mr. Park watches as the guard takes out a gun pointing it at Chohee.
    She closes her eyes tight ready for her life to be taken. Sadly, her family will have to all witness her death. It wasn’t the way she had planned to die.
    “Noona…” Jihoo screams nonstop and crying at the same time.
    “Chohee…honey,” Mrs. Lee looks over to her husband, both sadly looks into each other’s eyes not able to help their daughter.
    *tuosh* the gun shot rings loudly in the air echoing across the whole land.

    Woohyun stops his track when he heard the loud noise, thinking that in way in the world would it be Chohee.
    “Hyung…” Sungyeol and Sungjong chorus together as everyone stare at each other not knowing whose life the gunshot has taken.
    
    Chorong looks behind her finding her guards lying down on the ground in a pile of blood. The next thing she knew Doojoon already had taken the gun out of her hand, seeing her dad pointing a gun straight at where her guard was standing.
    Chorong breathes heavily as anger starts to build on top of each other, “let go of me!” she yells like a mental patient.
    “You do not have the right to touch me, not ever.”
    “What are you talking about you clearly know what we have done?”
    Chorong stops moving and sinks in the reminder.
    “Listen here… I have not done anything with you…don’t you dare talk like that,” she threaten shaking him off with all her might.
    “Doojoon take her out,” Mr. Park commands her daughter to leave the place at once.
    Mr. Lee is finally able to loosen the tie around his wrist as he takes the chance to free his family. Grabbing the knife from the dead body, he swiftly cuts the string in half.
    Chorong strongly bits Doojoon as he let go of her and she rushes to grab the dead guard’s gun.
    “Die…!” Chorong yells aiming her gun at the freed Chohee.
    *tuosh*
    “Appa…” Jihoo and Chohee scream seeing their father slowly sinking down to the ground.
    “Honey…” Mrs. Lee slides on her body next to her wounded husband.
    “L…eave…l…eave,” is the last thing they are able to hear from their sweet father.
    “Chorong!”
    “Don’t come near me…” Chorong traumatized by the dead body caused by her.
    “Put your gun down now…” Mr. Parks slowly takes steps toward his daughter.
    He never wants her to commit to any sin. He wants her to grow up innocently, purely, without any knowledge of his wrong doings.

    “Mr. Park…someone intruded…” Chorong already has foreseen the future as she furiously walks toward Chohee.
    “I need to get rid of you before Woohyun gets here…” Chorong nervously aims her gun.
    “Kill me now,” Chohee challenges the insane woman.
    “THE POLICE ARE ALREADY…”
    “CHORONG…” Chorong closes her eyes as she fires her gun again. All the voices in her head are leaving her mental stare of mind in a pool of lava.
    “JIHOOooooooo.”
    “Cho…” Mr. Park screams *tuosh*
    His paranoid daughter aimlessly pulled the trigger and let her finger take control. Chorong widen eyes stare as her father slowly collapses to the ground.
    “MR. PARK! MR. PARK!” Doojoon calls but it is already too late.
    Chorong witness his father’s breath stops as his eyes remain open. She points her gun once again, “don’t come here…”
    Chohee looks up…Woohyun.

    No it can’t be.