Chapter Nineteen

One Moment Is Enough


    Her expressionless face sends no message to the man before her. Her heavy heart s upon her chest at the sudden contact with the man. Tears stain one face. A smile plants on one. The smile slowly vanishes as he sees another tears escape her eyes.
    “Why is such a beautiful lady crying out here alone?” Wooyoung’s husky voice asks.
    His question is intended to make her smile, but it only sadden her heart when hearing a deep voice just like his.
    “Sorry…did I said anything wrong?” Wooyoung panic seeing her shoulders level down.
    “Do you want me to call Woohyun. I’ll call him for you. Just don’t cry,” he pours reasons out but when hearing his name just made her burst into tears.     
    Chohee dashes toward Wooyoung, encircles his waist with her arms, and her forehead touches is chest. He raises his arms up like the police is after him for creating a crime, perhaps hugging another’s girlfriend. When he hears her inaudibly sobbing, he soften and wraps his arms around her. He tries to comfort her by patting her back, but not saying anything. He never experience such thing; he never made a girl cry.
        
    “Feeling better now,” Wooyoung asks as she pulls away.
    “Sorry,” he mumbles, she just wants a shoulder to lean on.
    And the one that she wants the most, she already pushes it away.
    “No problem. I don’t mean to be nosy but, did Woohyun…”
    “No not at all…,” she wipes away the last bit of tears left on her face, “sorry I’ll take my leave first.”
    “You won’t mind if I accompany you, right? Having someone as a partner always looks better than walking alone. It’s dangerous,” Chohee chuckles, remembering when Woohyun told her he’ll accompany her.
    “Is there something funny?” he looks at her questioningly.
    She shakes her head, “alright…but I get to tell you when we separate.”
    “Alright.”

    Sunggyu, Hoya, and L arrive at the hall of the bathroom searching down all the possible path Woohyun can be taken to.
    “Hyung…,” L calls.
    Sunggyu and Hoya hurry over and sees many men in black suits lying on the ground with slight bruises. Looks like some of them are still conscious just not enough to get up.
    “Where’s hyung?” Hoya asks.
    They examine around and see an open door follow by a loud drop and scream.
    “Chorong?” Hoya whispers.
    “I don’t think Woohyun is in there,” Sunggyu says.
    “Woh…what happened here?” Sungyeol asks as the other three follow up.
    More screams and loud thumps escapes the open door.
    Dongwoo freezes in space for a second, her heart must be shatter.
    “Let’s go out and check on Woohyun…the others still can be chasing him,” Sunggyu thinks quickly before Dongwoo is able to register the noises.
    Sunggyu leaves without pulling the others. Hoya and L look at each other before following.
    “You’re going right?” Sungjong asks Dongwoo, “Dongwoo?”
    Dongwoo looks up and nods. They all walk out after. He passes the door without a glance inside. The hallways turn dark and dreadful, full of uneven path. It’s never fair.
    
    Chohee stops and Wooyoung continues.
    “You can leave.”
    He stops, turns back, and observes the place.
    “Why did you come here?”
    “No reason.”
    “Are you sure you’ll be safe from here on?”
    She nods. The wind lightly shakes them.
    As a gentleman he is he takes off his blazer and offers it to her, “it’s alright. I’ll be fine.”
    “Take good care of yourself then,” with that he trails off.
    She stares at the open glass door and smiles to herself. She pushes the door and head inside.
    “Are you guy still open?” she asks the female receptionist.
    “We closed an hour ago. But if you still want to take a look go ahead, all employees will head out after an hour of cleaning. If I’m not wrong you’re the girl last time Mr. Nam brought?” she is being sincere to offer her, but the question throws Chohee off.  
    Chohee didn’t know how to respond.
    “No need to be shy…go on in,” she smiles deciding to drop the topic.
    Chohee thinks for a second, why did she even come here?
    “I think I’ll just go back.”
    “Please do come next time then,” the receptionist bows.
    Chohee solemnly walks out the door. Her thoughts are too late already. Why did she even drag herself here to make a lame wish that won’t happen? She chuckles at herself, how helpless can she look?
    Tomorrow for her to convince him into marrying her. She must be crazy. After drugging him, did Chorong really think that everything will be as easy? If she isn’t so stupid or his brainless dad didn’t give her so much authority then probably what they want would’ve happened years ago.
    She stops outside of the building and looks straight ahead to where she’ll head to. She doesn’t want to go home. To the home provided by her enemies, she wants to go back to her real home, which is far away. Each time she enters the house, guilt surrounds her, knowing that she’s in the plan of destroying another’s life to flourish hers.  
    “Sorry Woohyun…,” she whispers the words are carry away by the blowing wind.
    
    “Where to now hyung?” everyone pant hardly from the marathon.
    “Where’s Dongwoo-hyung?” Sungjong asks, swearing he was with them earlier.  
    “I thought you guys stayed with him,” Hoya furrows his eyebrow.
    “He said that he’ll come with us…,” Sungjong lower his head.
    “Split up. Sungyeol and I will go get Dongwoo. The rest of you try to reach Woohyun and make sure he’s safe.”
    
    Dongwoo stares at the opened door that he passed a minute ago. He just couldn’t help himself but to retrace his footsteps. He nervously steps pass the door and made his way through the dark. The dim light from the night stand illuminates the girl on the lying on the bed crying endlessly.
    “Woohyun…” she immediately jumps off the bed when she hears a faint sound.
    Her smile turns upside down and turns her head away, “you lied to me.”
    “How?”
    “He…he…was still conscious. Didn’t even look like he got drugged. You lied to me. You didn’t even help me.”
    Dongwoo stands there speechless, he really did see Woohyun drank the drink and walk aimlessly to the bathroom.
    “You lied to me…,” she repeats. “And you said that you liked me. You wouldn’t betray someone that you like.”
    Dongwoo is speechless, he couldn’t have fallen for such a girl, did he?
    But he couldn’t blame her, love can change you. Even one simple crush, more like one-sided love, can really effect who you are if you do not fight the feelings. The next minute you know you’re a monster.
    
    Dongwoo’s mind is calculating but everything shut down when he felt a warm touch on his cheeks. He focus back to reality and sees Chorong pushing herself to him.
    “You said that you like me didn’t you,” she presses herself harder on him, one hand slowly run through his hair as one plays with his lips.
    “Don’t you want to want to take it to another level…” she stares at him full of lust.
    By this times, he realizes that she had took off her silk lingerie only in her undergarments.
    “like…love,” she completes her sentence with her breathe on his neck.
    Dongwoo’s bodies stiffen feeling the heat rushing through his veins, his body in out control.
    She slowly his neck, sending chills down his spine. His flesh became cool at the touch of her saliva on his skin. She slowly proceed her job; he’s too shock to realize what she’s doing to him.
    A smirk appears as she slowly trail kisses from side to side of his neck and up to his chin. She then stops and wraps both of her arms around his neck and purposely pushes her chests onto his. Slowly swaying back and forth to make him feel the electricity she’s trying to send. Satisfy, she bites his bottom lips and slowly nibbles on it. When he didn’t reply she knows he’s under her control. She devours his lips claiming it all as hers. Her make-out session alone with him became so messy that he unconsciously reply back at her touch.
     She tries to dominates him, turns him around pushing him onto the bed. ily, she crawls onto the bed making sure she touches his body with her part to make him insane. Chorong lays on top of his body and slowly his shirt.
    “We’ll have fun,” he nibbles onto his ear.
    Dongwoo lays there blinking, it’s not that he wants it to happen. He can get a grip of himself, but something’s telling him not to stop yet.
    “Do you want all my clothes off yet?” she grins his lips.
    He stares at her emotionless and she thinks he is under her spell.
    Dongwoo gently pauses her and pushes her, “tell me why?”
    Chorong looks at him, what’s he talking about?
    “Why are you doing this to yourself?
    Chorong sets her index finger onto his lips, “don’t talk too much…save your energy.”
    Dongwoo lightly turns her to empty bed spot next to her. He tops her and she wraps her arms around his neck.
    “I know you can do better than this. Don’t fill yourself too much one-sided feeling. It will only eat you alive. Until then…live well,” he plants a kiss on her forehead and her arms fall down to the bed.
    Dongwoo strengthen himself, blinking his tears away and walkout the door meeting with Sungyeol and Sunggyu running from the hall.
    “No time to talk…people are coming let’s get out before we are drag into this,” Sunggyu knows that Dongwoo was able to pulled himself together seeing the sadden face.
    They all rushes the opposite way hearing footsteps from the other.
    
    Chohee lifelessly walks down the pitch black road. She hears shuffling somewhere but she didn’t care. If someone wants to murder her, go ahead. The footsteps becomes louder and clearer, sounds like a group of people is chasing after something. Her mind is totally blank, she didn’t know what to think about.
     It comes like thunder roaring, someone grips onto her wrist running pulling her into the darken area. Her life is done…..

    But she isn’t scare…the grip…she feels safe. She wants to keep dragging her feet and follow the person. She’s being push against something cold, she can feel the person’s body presses against her, the breath coming against her at a quick pace.
    She can’t see anything, but comfortable. The aurora around her smells familiar. It’s like something that she has gotten use to. Curious she lifts up her hand to feel the person’s face and the picture becomes clearer and clearer. But it’s an impossible image. Just impossible. Her fingers are shaking as she traces the figure.
    “Shh…,” she hears, “stand still they’re coming,” her heart stops.
    Even if this world ends, there is no way she will ever forget this voice.