Chapter Eleven

One Moment Is Enough

    “Chohee,” Woohyun calls trying to remove Chorong’s hands.
    “Oppa let’s go have fun,” Chorong purposely speaks loudly for Chohee to hear.  
    “Chorong let go,” Woohyun hisses.
    “Oppa,” she whines.
    Woohyun watches as Chohee walks further away and gets furious. He harshly tugs Chorong away almost sending her down to the ground. He runs after Chohee as Chorong postures herself, glaring in the direction of where Woohyun ran.
    “You better watch it Lee Chohee,” she smirks as her phone rings.
    “Yes, Doojoon-oppa,” she seductively answers.
    “At your house for the night?” she pretends to doubt giving the man on the phone a hard time.
    “No I think I’m busy,” she flirtatious plays.
    “Fine. I’ll be over in a minute, don’t miss me too much,” she kisses him through the phone and catches a taxi, completely forgotten about Woohyun. Good that there is medicine to heal her or she will be throwing some tantrum later on.

    “Chohee,” Woohyun chases and calls.
    She purposely walks faster as she hears his voice coming nearer. When she hears his voice, his footstep closer and clearer, she runs.  Woohyun sees her trying to escapes from him and runs faster. He isn’t sure why she is avoiding him? Is she mad?  
    He forcefully grabs her arm and faces her to him.  
    “Don’t run anymore,” she can careless. She tugs her arm away and runs again.
    Woohyun can’t take her anymore as he reaches for her again and presses her against his chest with his arms around her waist.
    “Don’t run anymore,” he breathes against her hair, “why are you avoiding me?”
    Chohee stands there listening to him but doesn’t answer. She can smells the perfume on him and the alcohol. So he must have been to the place she dislikes the most.
    
    He stops talking after knowing she won’t answer him. Still, he isn’t loosen his grip on her. She didn’t want to say anything but wants to leave. She tries to move signaling that she wants to go.
    “Just for another minute,” he breathes; she relaxes her shoulder and let him be.
    She must have been really cruel to him, and she knows it. But it’s for the best. She can’t afford to drag him into her problem any further. She didn’t expect him to become this attach to her.
    He pulls away from her but keeps holding her.  Woohyun longingly looks at her but she looks away, didn’t want to acknowledge his presence. He pulls himself together and let go of her, but only to cups her cheeks. Chohee feels something warm against her cheeks. Her heart races as she stiffens, didn’t know what to do; she didn’t expect it. She thought he would have let her go and return after her cold attitude. Woohyun can feel her warm cheeks, a bit too warm, but it warms up his heart.
    
    “It’s alright if you ignore me, but just don’t leave me,” she can sees the sincerity in his eyes. His soft voice just makes it hard for her to reply.  
    As much as she hates it, she has too. She stares at him with her cold look for a second to let him know that she doesn’t care before she moves. Even before she’s able to go, he draws her into him and lightly peck the corner of her lips. She forcefully pushes him and walks away.
    “Chohee,” Woohyun can’t understand her, he reaches for her hand again.
    He didn’t want to force her to stay with him, but he hates the feeling that wants to make her stay.
    As soon as he reaches for her, she tries to break their connection. He firmly grips onto her making it hard for her to break away. He watches as she tries and tries to break away. It breaks his heart, but she seems like she can careless. She keeps on trying. Woohyun can’t do anything but looks at her, didn’t know why she wants to leave so much. He can feels her tugging slow down and she suddenly drops down.
    “Chohee,” he anxiously wraps his arms around her, catching her before she lands on the ground.
    “Chohee,” he calls touching her cheeks, it is burning hot.
    She fights with her heavy eyes lid, “l-l-let go of me. I’m…I’m fine.”
    “Why are you so stubborn?” he lifts her up and carries her to his car that seems miles away.
    They came a long way. Once they reaches the car, he sets her in the passenger seat.
    “Hold on, I’ll take you to the hospital,” he puts the seatbelt on her.
    “No…no I won’t go there. I don’t want to,” she forces the words out.
    “Why?” he asks but then before she has the chance to answers he interrupts, “alright I’ll take you home, to my place.”
    “No…,” she refuses to go to his place, “I don’t want to.”
    But he is in a rush and didn’t hear her. He closes the door and runs to the driver side, stepping on the gas, zooming off.     

    He stops his car, opens the door, and undo the seatbelt.  
    “I can walk,” she mumbles, but he can hears her clearly and let her be.
    Woohyun steps back and watches as she takes her time getting out of the car, holding onto the door for support. She wobbles, feeling dizzy, but she refuses to look weak. She takes a step forward and falls forward into Woohyun. He reaches out to help her. He didn’t even ask for permission and just lifts her up. He knows she’ll say no.  
    “Put me down,” she whispers.
    Originally, she planned to run away once he stops the car, but her body isn’t cooperating with her. Woohyun purposely ignores her. He didn’t want her to leave. He wants to take care of her; he wants her to stay with him.
    Once he’s inside, he carries her to her room. He gently lays her down and covers her with the blanket to give her some warmth.  
    “Rest while I get some water and a towel,” he tucks her before leaving.
    Chohee watches his blurred figure disappear. She blinks a few time trying to gain back her vision. Her surrounding, it looks like she’s in the middle of the fog searching for her way out. Her head is spinning and she can feel her body heating up. Out of all days, why today? Out of all time, why now?
    She tries to sit up but her head falls back to the pillow. She breathes heavily and rests for a second before trying again. She has to hurry up before he comes back. After taking a few deep breaths, she tries again. Luck, seems to be on her side as she is able to push away the piece of cloth that was giving her warmth. She stands and slowly walks toward the door. Just a few more steps.
    Woohyun comes back into the room and finds the messy empty bed. He quickly sets the bowl down and rushes out the door.
    “Chohee,” he calls.
    Chohee can hear her name echoing in his house and speeds up. She reaches for the doorknob once she is just two steps away. She feels a wave of dizziness sweeps over her once she touches the icy metal. She uses her free hand to touch her forehead trying to ease the pain.
    Woohyun comes just in time as she loses her balance and falls backward.
    “Chohee…,” his concern voice is obvious, “are you alright?”
    Chohee looks at him but he isn’t sure whether she can see him or not. He picks her up once again and carries her back. He gently lays her down onto the bed and covers her up with the comfort.
    “Don’t run anymore,” Chohee can make sense out of his words.
    She closes her eyes and relaxes herself. She fails too many time, that she just didn’t want to try anymore. She lays there lifelessly as he dips the towel into the water and pats it against her skin. The moment she feels the warm water against her, she can feel her body lighten up. He sets the towel on her forehead, “Get some rest, I’ll go make you something to eat.”
    She relaxes her muscles once she feels him off the bed. Woohyun walks into the kitchen and opens his refrigerator but there’s nothing. Mental note to him, needs to refill his refrigerator more often. He picks up his keys and leaves the house. Chohee tries really hard not to fall asleep. She can hear the door open and closes and assumes he must be leaving the house. A great chance for her to leave.
    
    Chohee grabs the towel on top of her forehead and sets it to the table parallel to the bed. Buzz. Buzz. She can feel her phone vibrating through her layers of clothing. She unlocks her phone and checks the text message.
    Hope you are doing as told. You should know what will happen if you don’t.
Chohee exits the page and shoves her phone back into her pocket. She palms her face as she draws in a few breathe to calm her down.
    “Leave him until the party is over. Until I order, do not go near him. And especially if I see you there with him at the party expect the worst.”  
    The words has been echoing in her mind endlessly. It has been haunting her the whole day. She didn’t expect everything to turn this complicated.

    Chohee can’t take the threatening voice anymore and rushes out the door. In less than a minute, she’s out in the streets, running. Midnight, she is all alone running pass the few cars and some stores that are still open.
Expect the worst.
Expect the worst.
Expect the worst.

    She stops her track and squats down wherever she is. Covering her ears, she’s trying to prevent the voice from piercing through her eardrums. Please stop. Please stop, she begs.
    Chohee slowly stands up and ready to head home, the places where she least want to be at. She walks like a dead zombie, waking up in the middle of the night to wonder the city.
    
    The cold wind is slowly eating her, sending parts of her body numb. She has a fever and now she’s out in a place that has the opposite degree of her body. She rubs her hands together to create at least some warmth for her hand. For some reasons she can’t think straight. She looks around and she feels clueless of her where about. It’s cold and now she’s lost.
    She looks like a lost baby forcing her legs to move while not knowing where to head to. She walks toward the brightest lights down the street that she can sees. She almost reaches her destination and the voice appear again. She tries to walk faster, to avoid the voice. As she approaches the bright light, she can see a familiar figure walking out where it’s the brightest.
    Chohee is confident that the person she’s seeing right now, is the person she wants it to be. She forces a small smile as she runs forward and crashes against his body.  
    “Chohee?” he questions, how can she be out?
    She didn’t answer but hugs him tightly, she hates herself. She knows she shouldn’t be doing it, but she can’t stop herself. He wraps his arms around her tightly.
    “Sorry,” she whispers.
    “What for?” he’s lost.     
    “Sorry,” she repeats.
    He can hear her shaking voice.
    “Let’s get home first,” he first takes off his coat and puts it on her. Then he laces their hands together and brings her to his car.
    
    Woohyun sets the bags of groceries he brought in the kitchen and leads her back to her room.  
    “Mind telling me why you ran out?” he asks, searching for her hand again.
    Once he touches her skin, he can feel her burning up. He stops, faces her, and touches her forehead with the back of his hand.  
    “You’re burning again,” his concern makes her miserable.
    She’s causing him too much trouble. Always, she thought it was him the one that causes her trouble, but once she agreed, she’s the one that is causing him trouble.
    “Come,” he pulls her into her room, takes off his coat on her, and helps her lay down.
    He pulls the cover over her, “thanks,” he can hear her.
    He smiles. And she doesn’t understand. Isn’t he mad at her for always going against what he said, what he ask? She still doesn’t understand why, after all she’d done, he still smiles warmly at her.
    
    He feels her forehead again, “your fever is still not going away.”
    Chohee watches as he walks away. She grabs his hand, “it’ll eventually go away. No need to worry.”
    Woohyun smiles at their contact, she took the initiative and made contact between them twice.
    “Get some rest then, you must had a long day,” he kisses her forehead, “I’m going to go take and shower. Be back.”
    She nods. Her attitude now, makes him happy. She’s finally communicating with him.
    
    After a warm shower, Woohyun comes back to check on Chohee. Her eyes are close as he can see. He walks over and sits next to her. He draws himself into her and stops himself as he stares at her kissable lips. He didn’t want to do anything that will anger her or anything that she may not approve of. He sees her on top of the blanket and grabs it to sets it under.
    Before he’s able to let go of her hand, she tighten her hold.
    “D-d-don’t go,” she whispers.
    He smiles as he watches her stirs in her sleep.
    “W-woohyun…d-don’t go,” he is surprise. Surprise.
    She’s speaking of him. His heart starts to beat uncontrollably. He slowly sees the sweat forming on her forehead. She must be having a nightmare. He isn’t sure to why she speaks of him, he tries to tell himself that’s it’s nothing. She’s unconscious, she probably isn’t in her right state of mind. Tomorrow, she’ll probably pushes him away. He can see she starts to shift in her sleep like she’s uncomfortable. And her grip on him tense.
    It didn’t take long for Woohyun to decide. He climbs onto the bed and under the blanket. He gives one last apologetic look before scooting her closer to him. He wraps his arms securely around her and closes the distance between them to the least it can be. She is press against him. She nuzzles onto his chest and draws herself closer, she must have felt much more at ease.  
    He knows it’s wrong, but he couldn’t pull himself away looking at her fragile body. Plus, he didn’t want to. Whatever happens tomorrow will happen, but as for today it was more than he could’ve ask for. His heart beats with joy.