48 Hours.

Baby, I'm a Monster

Prosecutor oppa?

 


 

Yonghee scowled as she was pushed forcefully into the interrogation room. She lost herself in a maze of thoughts as she coursed stiffly around the perimeter of the cramped space; her fingernails clawed cacophonously at the brick walls and against the metal furniture. Slyly, she dragged her fingers endlessly across the cold surface of the table, a metallic screeching echoing past her eardrums with each slide of a finger. Her lack of words were rendered vaguely by the ubiquitous features hiding behind the one-way mirror; frowning at the lack of response, she repeated her gestures, until her nails were chipped and grossly cut, red and nearly bleeding.

"Prosecutor oppa?" Mumbling quietly, she picked herself up from the chair and strided over to the mirror. She scowled softly at the sight of her disheveled appearance; a bruised lip, a nasty gash covered up with a plaster just beneath her eye; ruffled hair; smeared make-up -- Yonghee was an artistic work of fashion faux pas. "Come out, Prosecutor oppa," she whispered euphoniously at her reflection. Her gnawed fingers traced her reflection slowly, dragging the dirty from her fingers and smearing it across the stainless steel. "Come out, you sick traitor!"

The click of the door averted her abrupt attention from the mirror to the entrance. Yonghee scowled disappointedly at the unexpected brunette entering the criminal compounds. "You!" she screeched strutting furiously over to him. She pushed him once, but he remained glued to his spot, static. "I don't want you!" she argued. "I want Prosecutor oppa!"
"I'm a prosecutor," he remarked wistfully, setting himself down into a seat. "And I'm probably an oppa, too. What's wrong with my being your interviewer?" His voice was just barely above a mutter, drenched with an enticing mockery that sent the flamatory sparks in Yonghee's to set off. She, for the first time in her life, was at a lost for words. 

"Get out!" she growled.

"I can't. Not until I finish with you --"
"You're not going to do anything with me!" Yonghee declared. "You sick, old bastard, I want you out of here!" Her voice fell into a low whisper, harsh to the ears and definitely threatening on the opposite party's part. Her eyes were dark and clouded with a mysterious void that reeked of insanity. "Give me Bang. Yong. Guk!"

 

Yongguk and Daehyun froze involuntarily, their crossed arms falling limply to their sides; they watched morbidly at their younger peer, examining Yonghee meticulously. They glanced at the pair, before releasing unison sighs. "I have to go in there," Yongguk breathed, his voice raspy with contempt. 

 

Yonghee whipped around, losing interest quickly with her interrogator. She turned to face the one-way mirror again, pressing her face up against the cold steel-like surface. "I know you're there!" she sang eerily. "Come out, oppa! Don't you want to play? Don't you miss me?! Don't you want to explore my criminal mind!?"
The man she was in the room with pulled her back isntantaneously, only to be met with a harsh slap across the cheek. Yonghee fumed silently, leaning back in her chair as she sat, picking her feet up; she laid her pumped feet up onto the table, craning her neck to view the mirror at a disproportional angle. "I'm not talking until I get what I want -- I want Prosecutor oppa," she stated blandly, glancing past the quivering cop and directly into the mirror. "Give me Yongguk or I lawyer up."

 

"I'll go in," Daehyun volunteered confidently; he pulled Yongguk back just as the elder was about to grasp the handle. "We'll see what happens first, and if it goes just as badly, we'll bring you in, but for now, just let me go in there to talk to her."
"She's manipulative," Yonggk pressed, arguing furtively against his younger. He glared at Daehyun conspicuously. "You're going to get mauled over; she may be a high-school drop out, but Yonghee is pretty intelligent."
"I can handle it," Daehyun boasted, "I'm smart, too, remember?"
"You're not a criminal -- you won't be able to think like her like I would be able to," Yongguk urged.

Daehyun shook his head. "That's what's going to make it all the more fun."

 

"Who are you?"

Daehyun was silent, even as he settled himself across from Yonghee; he stared at her blankly, before shuffling through the papers in her file. His dark brown irsises flickered from her feet on the table, to the files in his hands, back to her eyes; her dark eyes widened slightly as she caught sight of Daehyun staring at her. "Mwoh?" she scoffed, masking her millisecond-long shock with a facade of boredom.

"My name is Jung Daehyun; I am a prosecutor under Bang Yongguk-sunbae's wing. Currently, Yongguk-sunbaenim is caught up with another case and won't be back --"
"He's taking another case?" Yonghee interjected vehemently. "Don't play games with me, Cop. He's not goint to take some other case when his sister is involved with this one."
"On the contrary," Daehyun smirked arrogantly, slipping the papers back neatly into its appointed portfolio, "that doesn't seem to be the case. He's left you to care for a victim.. your victim, actually."

He aws provoking her, and it was working. Her mask was vanishing, and with each passing minute, the ferocity in her eyes was slowly unveiling itself; she heaved silently, chest rising up and down slowly, yet heavily. Her fingers twitched against the muscles of her bicep as she crossed her arms defiantly, rolling her eyes away from Daehyun's hawk-like gaze.

"I'm going to be honest," Daehyun mused, voice monotonous with an air of arrogance, "the only evidence we have against you is just based on attempted murder; we still have no evidence of your involvement with the previous bodies. So, without stable evidence, we can only keep you for 48 hours," Daehyun announced plainly. Despite his cool exterior, his heart pounded; her feline-like eyes bored into him, pooling a mysterious sensation into his stomach to add onto the butterflies that coursed his bloodstream. Her lips twitched downwards into a scowl, and he could almost feel his own lips curving into the opposite direction, into a victorious smirk.

"Bang Yonghee, we will be keeping you in this interrogation room for precisely 48 hours; and as long as I am handling your case.. you will be brought to justice," he declared vainly.
"There is no justice in this world," she whispered disdainfully. "The only form of justice that exists in this world lies within me."
"What you did does not comply with the definition of justice, Miss Yonghee," Daehyun replied, raising a probing brow.

Yonghee scoffed, before cocking her head curiously to the side. "Tell me, Prosecutor, do you know how to tune a piano?"

Daehyun's eyebrows rose to his hairline with a shocked curiosity. "No. Why?"
Yonghee smirked, finding the upperhand in this debating conflict; her words pooled skillfully out of her glossy lips, a well-prepared speech she's performed many times: "Sometimes, I kind of like to think of myserlf as a few chipped off keys of a piano; as broken as I may look.." she whispered carefully, gesturing her hand up and down her pitiful appearance, "my work is still in tune and consistent;" Her hands snatched the file before Daehyun swfitly, sprawling the pictures of her victims across the table. She rose a quirky brow, her lips at the masterpiece artwork displays she's created, before looking up to eye Daehyun with mock sympathy. "I can still function properly... You can keep me here as long as you want, Prosecutor.. you can't tune a piano, you can't tune me."

Daehyun scoffed, baffled straight beyond his mind. "What are you trying to say, really?" he inquired impatiently.
Yonghee lifted an accusing finger up at Daehyun and pointed at the spot in between his eyes, recalling the exact same spot Yongguk had aimed for her with his own gun; she snarled inwardly to herself, still uanble to process her defeat to the local justice department. "You," she murmured almost inaudibly, "need to develop that mind of yours, and start to think like me... Criminal minds," she whispered, "are a beautiful thing."

Daehyun shook his head, every ounce of tolerance drained from his form; he slammed down the file and swept his arms across the table, sending the autopsy photos scattering to the concrete floors; Yonghee smirked with amusement at her achievement and chuckled silently at his temper. "You're quite the tempered one, aren't you?" she jeered quietly, cocking a brow.
"What are you?" Daehyun demanded, panting heavily under his breath."Dont' you me
an.. who am I?"
"You're not a human being," Daehyun stated coldly, "you're a beastly creature, a monster!"

Yonghee smiled gracefully, lifting her legs off the table, and crossing them neatly over one another; she leaned across the table, an admirant look gleaming and glittering in her eyes. "Oh.. why, thank you," she whispered graciously. "You have 48 hours, Jung Daehyun-shii," she declared cockily. "You had better start thinking like this monster... or else, I'm a free woman."
"And once that happens, you'll go back to your ways of being a man-killer, right?"
Yonghee smirked with a furthering amusement. "Are you trying to get me to confess? You oughtta be more clever than that," she mused besmusedly.

Daehyun smirked, nodding with a slight regard of approval. Bang Yonghee.. let's make this interesting for the both of us.