But What? (filler)

Baby, I'm a Monster

"Guilty.. as Bang Yoona.. I plead guilty."

 


 

"I won't allow that."

A silence blanketed over the eerie crowd and the gawking eyes of the courtroom turned to the very back of the perimeter, to meet Yongguk's inflamed irises; there was something about him that was now enhanced, be it his anger or his objection to Yoona's sudden proclamation. He strolled, taking stealthy steps to the center of the courtroom where Daehyun was situated, placing himself right beside the younger prosecutor; a scowl traced his handsome features, removing any sensitivity and warmth that lingered, instead replacing it with venomous threat and distance. Yongguk glanced at Yoona expectantly, lips pursed into a tight line. "Take it back," he whispered in a tender whisper. "You're not guilty."

"But I am," she drawled, looking down. When she had finally met his gaze -as she had wanted before- she couldn't even last a second under his scrutinizing glare. She felt her heart waver with reasonable doubt, her head pounding as she tried to decipher her purpose, her identity. "You know it, Daehyun-shii knows it.. know it."
"But Yoona isn't who you really are --"

"Objection, your Honor, but I believe it's against the stature of regulations to have a bystander interject like this?"

A glare was thrown violently towards the attorney's direction, causing him to shrink back beneath Yongguk's frightening glower. The latter pushed him aside, heaving silently before trudging over to the witness' stand, where Yoona was situated. "You know you're guilty as Bang Yoona.. but how often does Yoona make her appearance, Yonghee?" His whisper was so coarse, it was as if he had spent his time crying.
"I'm not Yong --"
"But you are," Yongguk declared furiously, keeping his voice low so that only Yoona can hear. "You're not Yoona," he pressed. "Yoona doesn't exist."

"Your Honor!"

The judge lifted his brow, simulataneously raising his hand to demand peace within the court; his eyes were focused on Yongguk and Yoona, eyes glimmering with familiarity, as if there was something tugging at his heart, despite the regulations that followed. Though he was a judge, in spite of having to be unbiased, the judge felt his heart wrench at Yoona's tears and at Yongguk's wobbling Adam's apple. They were both holding something back. It didn't take a genius to figure that.

Daehyun saw it.
The judge saw it.
Taehyun saw it.
The jurors saw it.

Yongguk didn't want to leave Yonghee to be buried beneath the misery and demise. He has had enough of the torment he has let his sister endure, and he wasn't going to allow it anymore. "You have to get rid of this complex of yours," Yongguk whispered, taking in Yoona's hands into his. "Yoona doesn't exist anymore. It's just you now; the Yoona that committed those crimes is long gone -- she can't be tried anymore, she's gone. Only Yonghee -you- exist now, okay?"

"Your Honor, he is brainwashing her! You have to remove him from the court! He is interfering with my witness!"

Yoona's eyes flickered dramatically, her breath hitching erratically as her emotions flailed aimlessly. Tears prickled at her eyes and closed up; she was twitching, fidgeting as she felt a nervousness creep into her system. She stammered uncontrollably, her tongue unable to produce any words as the court room broke out into an uproar of disparaging fury. Cries of pity enforced as well as contemptuous disdain. There was extol for Yongguk's brave attempts to restore his true sister, as there was scrutiny against it. However, in spite of it, Daehyun decided to walk over to the stand to assist Yongguk, who had still not given up. The judge was silent throughout the commotion, for once unable to bring settlement into his court. He was awe-struck. By what, he still couldn't decipher. But he was truly taken aback by this case. The frenzied reactions continued further, into what seemed to be several minutes.

 

And then.

Things fell silent at the sound of Yoona's first sob. She was shaking her head furiously, petite hands clutching her head as she released more cries of anguished despair. Confusion racked her brain, and crawled into the crevices of her mind, digging and burrowing its way into her internal system. Her heart constricted violently with overwhelming bewilderment, stomach clenching at the sickening churning of the butterflies scrawling about. Her mind was scattered alongside her rationality. She couldn't think, not with the noise.

"Make it stop," she begged, whispering furiously. Vulnerability leaked into her appearance as weak inferiority seeped into her voice. There was an awe-striking change in her character as tears resumed their trek down her cheeks, staining her apple cheekbones with what seemed like dry tear stains. She was red in the face, flushing with embarassment, humiliation, and puzzlement. Her eyes were flickering, averting side to side and trying their best to avoid anybody's intent gaze; her lips were being bit upon, drawing minute amounts of blood as her teeth dug a bit too far.

She was abstaining herself, almost as if she were reticent in displaying her true emotions. 

What she was performing right now -- it probably wasn't half of what she truly wanted to display.

She melted immediately under Daehyun's warm touch, her heart turning into instant goo as she felt his arms wrap around her shoulders, pulling her gently off the stand as Yongguk received her in a long, brotherly embrace. They lingered like that in silence, the only thing resonating about the intense atmosphere being the sound of Yoona's stifled wails. Everything was too difficult to absorb. Even the attorneys of the court had fallen silent; security guards had bowed their heads, either with shame or respect; there was something glimmering in the judge's eyes, and the jurors were no different.

Surely, there was something that was going to happen in this court that has never happened before.

But what?

 


 

Because moonless_mai asked so nicely.. but it's late so it's just a filler.. sorry, keke!