Prosecutor Oppa.

Baby, I'm a Monster

What Daehyun saw was something distraughtly disproportional. His blood ran cold and his entire body had lost feeling; his tongue was suddenly dry; the natural pink in his cheeks had waltzed away from his features, draining into a deadly pallor. His nostrils caught scent of a metallic aroma -- blood, most likely, for it was smeared all across the walls, the carpets, some was even found on the tables and in the seating area. In response, Daehyun in a deep hiss, coughing uncomfortably as he ran his gloved hands across the surfaces of the shelves, scanning the materials for possible fibers or fingerprints.

"Got anything, rookie?"

Daehyun shook his head, turning to face his aging sunbae. "Whoever did this," Daehyun remarked wistfully, "did a damn good job at covering up his tracks." He glanced around at his surroundings, taking in the grotesque environment. The beige-coloured interior of the walls were tainted a deep crimson; the floors matted and still damp with the blood; tables were turned, chairs flipped; pillows and cushions cut and ripped; and exactly two bodies laying in a heap in the corner of the room.

The same bloody red liquid that encased the living space trickled down their lifeless heads, dribbling down their pallid chins; piled together, one on top of another, the two dead males were undressed. From his stance, Daehyun could catch sight of their wounds -- but he wish he could erase the memory. Limbs dismembered, gashes surrounding the heads; bruises and scars lacing their abdomen; it was a ghastly sight for the 25-year-old -- too ghastly.
Yongguk strutted over to Daehyun, laying a burly hand upon the latter's shoulder. "Go back down to the office," Yongguk commanded briskly. "Get me files on our potential suspects."
Daehyun nodded. "If anything, just send what you find to the lab, and I'll have the forensics team process it by the end of the night," Daehyun reported.

With a curt nod, Yongguk dismissed Daehyun from the crime scene, a taut frown tracing his chapped lips. 

Daehyun sighed, almost with relief, as the vibrant sun radiated down upon his milky white skin, overspreading warmth into his shivering frame. He walked the five blocks back; the car was an option, but with the fresh portraits of the victims he was investigating earlier, the cop knew he was in no  shape to drive himself anywhere. Daehyun knitted his eyebrows together, strolling acidly down the sidewalk with his hands shoved into the pockets of his trousers.

His mind racked his brain relentlessly, searching for possible clues to deciphering the motive, to discovering which mastermind was behind these contemptuous acts of crime. "If our suspect is a man, why would he want to kill men?" he thought aloud, crossing the street. He passed by several shops, deep in thought. "Coud it be --"

The impact hit him hard, for his slender frame stumbled back a few steps; he had bumped into something.. or rather, a someone. "I'm sorry!" croaked nevously, straightening out his blazer. 
"It's fine," the other contended shortly. Her dark brown hair masked her face, her fringe blocking Daehyun's line of sight. Briefly, he had tried to catch sight of her visage, but failed as she ducked her head even further. "It was my fault," she rejoined, looking up. Her dark brown eyes locked with his instantaneously, beauty overtaking her once-hidden features.

Cat-like eyes, thick black eyelashes, a natural curve to her lips, definted cheekbones -- Daehyun chuckled, bowing his head apologetically. "Please forgive my carelessness; take care," he smiled warmly, returning himself to the trek back to the station.

She kept her eyes glued to his back, watching after him meticulously as he slipped through the doors of the police station, a tight grin lining his lips. The mysterious stranger closed her eyes for a second, before fluttering them open, remaining stuck to her spot in the middle of the sidewalk. The gun, the badge -- "Foolish man," she whispered. "Flashing around your authority like that.. how stupid could you get?"

 

"Didn't find anything, sunbae?"

Yongguk shook his head, rubbing his temples in a condescending manner, his eyebrows furrowing together with bitter contempt. "Stupid bastard," the elder cursed, slamming his feet up upon his desk.
"It's a tough case," Daehyun admitted half-heartedly. 
"Got anything on the suspects?" Yongguk inquired casually, twirling his mobile phone idly between his thick fingers.

"Not really."

"Why the hell not?!" Yongguk shot up distinctly from his revolving chair, causing many of the surrounding men to jump from the sudden gesture. "I gave you an order!" Yongguk bellowed indignantly.
"But.. you asked me to look through the files of possible male suspects," Daehyun proclaimed. "Why would a man want to kill these innocent men so brutally? Don't you think we're scanning the wrong here, sunbae?"

A distorted look crossed Yongguk's face for just a millisecond, but Daehyun failed to miss it; in response, the younger knitted his eyebrows together with a penetrating curiousity, his lips frowning with a puzzlement. Yongguk cursed incoherently under his breath -- another thing Daehyun caught. The elder simply shook his head, growling lowly, a grunt escaping his throat. "Forget it," he whispered. "Just take a break for now, we've all had a long day."
Daehyun's baffled expression remained, as did his standing position before Yongguk's lone desk. "Sunbae --"
"Take a break, Daehyun," Yongguk barked. "If it's women you're looking into, leave that to me. You've worked hard."
"Sunbae, wait --"
"Go."

With that, Yongguk fetched his coat from his chair, slipping it on. "I'm going to go out; there's someone I have to check up on. Go home, Daehyun; rest. We have another long day tomorrow."

Daehyun nodded submissively, tugging awkwardly at his jacket. "Ye, sunbaenim."

 

"Bang Yonghee, you get your out into the living room.. now."

"Back from work?" Her dark, feline-like irises glistened up at her elder with a devious mischief waltzing into her features; a languished smirk overtook her lips, conquering the frown that lingered there and converting her displeased expression into one of blatant humor. "What evidence have you found today, Prosecutor oppa? None, I'm presuming?"