Coward.

Baby, I'm a Monster

"What evidence have you found today, Prosecutor oppa? None, I'm presuming?"

 


 

Yongguk's eyes were dark, a black colour clouded with a frustration that made him seem bolting and nearly mad. Harshly, did he grip her shoulder; he pushed her roughly against the wall, snarling as he bent down, bowing his head to meet her eyes. Like the Chesire Cat, she was, smirking in all her newfound glory, a victiorious grin overtaking her bland expressions. Her lips twitched at the corners, raising ever so slightly with mockery drenching her words. "So I've covered myself up well, again," she remarked. 
Yongguk sighed, a deep grunt escaping the contents of his parched throat. He pursed his lips together as his sister kept her eyes glued to his strained visage, laughing maniacally underneath her bated breath. "Are you.. frustrated with me, Prosecutor oppa?" she whispered. Instantaneously, out of a harsh reflex, Yongguk pressed his hand up against , restricting her of any oxygen; she didn't gag, though, nor did she falter. Her menacing glare remained in tact, even with her air supply limited; she laughed hoarsely. "Have I angered you?" she croaked.
Yongguk tightened his grip around her neck, ing his free hand against her shoulder, pressing her up against the wall; his breath was pacing vehemently, as he fumed on his silent lonesome. "You," he growled, "are a monster."
"And what are you doing about it?" she retorted with a vain smile.

Venom dribbled down her words, eyes trickling with a guilty pleasure. "So much for being chief leader, Prosecutor oppa; can't even bring your own monster of a sister to justice." Her words spat out at Yongguk like a hoard of knives; they flung at him unexpectedly, causing him to loosen his grip around her sensitive skin. Lightly, she rubbed her reddening flesh. "Isn't it true? I'm a monster, but I'd rather be a confident monster, rather than a bawling coward."
"I wouldn't have to bring you to justice if you'd just snap out of this delusional fantasty of yours, Yonghee," Yongguk roared, slamming his fist against the wall; the plaster dented under his ferocious impact, a small part of the wall crumbling as he retracted his bloody knuckle. "Why do you have to do this?"

Yonghee stared at him blankly, all sorts of mockery vanished from her features; her picturesque visage displayed no emotion. "I'm going," she announced plainly, tugging on her dark jacket.
Yongguk pulled her back. "No," he ordered. "You've done enough --"
"There are bad guys out there that need to be --"
"That's my job, not yours!" Yongguk hollered furiously. "Killing them doesn't do any good; you leave the criminals to me, please!" he pleaded her. His voice was taut and fierce, burning her with his relentless anger. "Just.. stop already," he whispered. His grip on her arm tightened, his nails digging into her skin,  but no reaction was stirred from her.

A woeful smile creeped onto her plump lips, taking Yongguk aback with astonishment. "You know I can't do that," she whispered, yanking herself out of his grasp. "Now.. as I was saying, I'm going.. I've got hunting to do."
"Yonghee!"
"Annyeong, Prosecutor oppa!"

Yongguk tried to grab at her again, but she turned swiftly, pressing a thick dagger to his neck; the tip of the knife dug ever so lightly into the sensitive skin encasing his neck, drawing a minute amount of blood; it trickled down his collarbone slightly, but as she still held the knife to his neck, Yongguk dared not move. "Listen," she muttered hoarsely, "I can kill you here, now, and I wouldn't feel a thing; the only reason why you're still living is because you're my only family left, and I pity you; but if you dare chase after me or try to stop me again, Prosecutor oppa, I will not hesitate to strike you. You will be treated the exact same way as the others," she threatened darkly. Her tone was serious as were her eyes; all joking matters were ed aside and left abandoned in some hypothetical corner. Black Yonghee, the demon within her, was now making her expected appearance. "And when I say I want to go hunting.. I will go hunting."

She retreated herself as swifty as she had launched, tucking the knife back underneath the hem of her skirt, into a loop on a strap tied to her thigh. She didn't spare the astounded Yongguk a second look, but instead walked out the door, pulling up her navy blue hood over her brunette head. "Two," she whispered, before exiting the compound entirely.
Yongguk clenched his fists till his knuckles were a snowy white; the surge of blood exited his puny wound in small droplets, falling onto his white dress shirt. "Two?" he growled, rotating his jaw.

As in, two more bodies to expect tonight.

"Four in a day?" he hummed bitterly, looking to the door. "You crazy ."

 

 

Everywhere.

It was everywhere; Yonghee's favorite colour stained the living area like a magnum opus, stirring an arousal in the pit of her stomach as she glanced around the painted room with her glossy irises. She shifted her eyes back and forth, standing in the center of the room with her eyes shut. Scrambles, scurrying, and panting could be detected to her left, but she took her time. She already had one down, and the last was surely not going to go anywhere -- she had time to kill, and nowhere to be -- no rush was she in. "Here, kitty, kitty," she sang softly, her low voice echoing across the spacious home, bouncing off the walls and into the frightened man's ears.

She fluttered her dark eyes open, spinning the blade in between her fingers with a hasty skill. "Checkmate!" she giggled fervently, peeking behind the couch; the elderly man with graying hair shot up abruptly, eyes widened with a profuse fear,  so intent that it incensed her laughter until she was in a laughing fit, nearly doubling over onto the cushions. "You're pathetic," she whispered. "I've gotcha now... don't I?" Her famous, taunting smile twitched, appearing broadly across her pink lips.

Violently did she yank him before her by his hair; she ignored his protesting cries, slapping her hand over his wailing mouth, biting down on her own lips to contain her increasing annoyance. "Shut up, old man!" she grunted, throwing him into the wall. She took a hold of his chin with her free hand, gripping her trusty dagger within the other; silently, she traced the silvery blade up and down his cheekbones, feeling his entire body shudder underneath her cold touch. "You're pathetic," she repeated quietly; she sounded almost doleful as she plunged her foot into the man's gut, earning herself a loud cry of discomfort. He looked up at her with tragic eyes, tears b the corners of his eyelids, pooling down his red cheeks shamelessly.

Yonghee narrowed her eyes, her fingers lining up and down the bridge of his nose. "Promise me you'll be quiet," she whispered tenderly. With that, she clamped her hand back onto his lips, launching her knife straight into the side of his neck. Instantly the thick, red liquid flowed from his open veins, pouring out from his wound like a waterfall. Again and again, till his eyes were lifeless, Yonghee stabbed him -- in the arm, the neck, abdomen, and torso. She hunched over his slumped body, panting tiredly. She glowered down at the dead corpse beneath her and pulled off her gloves, shoving them into the pockets of her skirt before dusting off imaginary dust off of her outfit.

She glanced back, catching sight of a younger cadaver hung over a chair; and she smiled with satisfaction at her work, scooping up a drop of blood from the floor with her bare finger. Slightly, she dabbed it onto her lips, bringing the pallor of the flesh of her lips to a brighter, more radiant colour. At the new look, she grinned sickly, tossing her brown hair over her shoulder, feeling a massive weight lift from her frail shoulders. "Good night, you two," she bade gently, slipping out the back door. Skillfully, she twisted the lock back into place, cleaning up after herself hastily, before jumping over the fence, and covering herself with her oversized jacket; she made the trek home with her heart fluttering and adrenaline pumping through her blood vessels. 

Four.

A smile on her lips as she fell asleep that night.

 

 

Daehyun jumped up from his seat as Yongguk slammed a portfolio onto his messy desk. "Sunbaenim.. what is this?"

"A list of female suspects for you to look through," Yongguk replied gruffly, avoiding the younger's eyes. Yongguk placed himself plainly into the chair beside Daehyun's and sighed, taking out a few papers for himself. He scanned them intently, huffing every now and then as he would shuffle to a new page. In return, Daehyun picked up a flyer for himself to examine, mimicking the elder's actions promptly.

"We're looking for a female in her mid-20s; Korean, brown hair, and dark eyes," Yongguk reported professionally. Yongguk ignored the pointed glare he received from Daehyun, shrugging it off nonchalantly.
"Sunbae --"
"I just..." Yongguk sighed, leaning back into the chair, flinging the flyers over his shoulder, discarding of the suspects that didn't match his profile. "I just have a gut feeling."

Still a coward, am I?