Beast's Awakening

Baby, I'm a Monster

"Then.. me."

 


 

Yongguk's eyes widened profusely; his bemused astonishment brought utmost amusement to Yonghee, who had smirked bitterly. She glared one last time at her reflection in the blade of her knife, before pressing it up to her neck. "Now," she whispered hoarsely, "you won't have anyone to protect; no more worries; no more promises to keep --"
"Yonghee, stop --" 

Yonghee pressed the tip of the blade into her skin, halting Yongguk from inching any closer to her. She winced at the twinge of pain flooding the area of her minute wound, grimacing as the small red droplet of blood oozed down her pale skin. "Stop what?" she croaked.
"Don't hurt yourself -- why are you doing this?" Yongguk knitted his eyebrows together with a disparity ringing through his strained voice.
"You hate me, don't you?" Yonghee voiced tauntingly. "You shouldn't care if I die or not... so why do you?"
"You know I don't hate you -- that's why you said I'd be in great pain," Yongguk replied hastily. "Yonghee, just drop the weapon. I'll take care of this all, I promise --"
"You promise!" Yonghee repeated incredulously, cackling discreetly as she lowered the knife. She waved it around carelessly, screeching, "That's all you say. I promise this, I promise that! They're all lies!" She gritted her teeth scornfully, incoherently cursing under her breath as Yongguk glowered down at her chidingly. "Don't look at me like that," she whispered.
"You confuse me to no end," he replied. "You're baffling, overwhelming, and melodramatic, but you know I love you. Put the knife down."

Yonghee her lips slowly, her tongue darting out of her pale mouth to retain the moisture around her lips. She shook her head slowly, smiling coldly up at her brother. "No." Her voice was raspy, echoing and bouncing off the walls and reverberating through Yongguk's ears; instantly, a panic spread throughout his body, sprawling across his insides like a wildfire. 
Before he could entirely stop her, Yonghee had already dug the knife into her abdomen, digging the blade deeply into her stomach; she gasped breathlessly, wincing at the agonizing pain that had scattered quickly through her body. She doubled over, falling into Yongguk's catching arms. "Yah! Are you crazy?!" Yongguk bellowed, shaking her. He palmed her wound as she shoveled the blade out of her abs; she tried to penetrate it through her again, but Yongguk caught her wrist, snatching the bloodied weapon away, and tossing it to the side. 

Despite her vehement protests, the elder held Yonghee in his arms, picking her up bridal style, and jogging out the doors of the apartment. He sprinted down the steps, with Yonghee squirming futilely in his arms, wriggling to get her way out. He pinned her arms to her sides, preventing her from reaching for anymore hidden weapons she could potentially use to harm herself any further. "Yonghee, stop," Yongguk pleaded weakly. He huffed as he ran to his car, ignoring Daehyun's obsure look.

He planted her into the car, holding her as he laid her down on his lap. "Drive to the hospital, now, Daehyun," Yongguk breathed.
"Sunbae --"
"NOW!"

Yongguk examined her wound with much difficulty, due to the black dress she wore; the blood that seeped from her wound soakead the gown, but even so, it was hard to detect how deep or how critical her injury was. Yonghee grasped Yongguk's neck weakly, in attempt to choke his way out of trying to help her, but her attempts were pointless and useless; the strength in her faded away slowly as more blood bled from her stomach. The perimeter of her wound spurted a dark red liquid as Daehyun zoomed past several buildings.

A deathly pallor reached her features; Yonghee continued to cough, objecting to Yongguk's desperate actions with a fatigued raspiness. "You bastard," she moaned, clutching his arms angrily. She dug her fingernails softly into his biceps, tears streaming down the sides of her face as she twisted her body around in his lap. "Let me die," she wailed. "Let me die, let me die!"
"I'm not going to do that!"
"Sunbaenim, how deep is her wound?" Daehyun questioned frantically. "If she's losing anymore blood, you have to compress it with a cloth or towel. If she bleeds anymore, she could die of blood loss. We'll be there in about ten minutes --"
"Make it five or I fire you!"

"N-ne, sunbaenim!"

 

Yonghee's eyes fluttered closed; the surroundings about her rustled relentlessly, varying from shouts escaping Yongguk's frantic lips to scurrying doctors fighting desperately to meet the cop's demands. The mess around her bustled about, much to her oblivity; she stirred, the pain spreading like a cantagion throughout her insides. She felt dirty, damp, and wet; she felt as if she were drowning in her own pool of blood. A black veil covered her line of sight suddenly, and she was fading.

It was like a blanket of night shielding her eyes; a blackness overtaking her vision. It restrained her, reticent in letting her be aware of her surrounding environment. She was still, couldn't move -- she was restrained by several tubes and needles. Medicine dripped into her bloodstream as the doctors about her worked furiously in patching up the whole in her abdomen.

And at that point, despite the situation she found herself in; despite all lucidity in her drained of, Yonghee almost felt normal; almost as if she were at peace.

And then, darkness completely overtook her, lulling her into a gentle abyss of slumber, to which she will awaken to when the time comes.

 

"What happened?"
"She tried to kill herself, okay?" Yongguk huffed, pacing back and forth within the white corridors. His dirtied shoes stained the white porcelain floors, squeaking as he quickened his pace as he strolled to and fro in front of the seated Daehyun.
"What?"

Daehyun's eyebrows furrowed together with a penetrating sense of disbelief. "But -- She, what?"
"Is there a problem?"
"Yeah," Daehyun replied confidently. "These actions go completely against her psychological profile," Daehyun reported seriously. "That doesn't make sense.. a criminal with her ego and self-esteem should've tried to kill you.. or me, not herself," Daehyun remarked bemusedly. 
Yongguk sighed heavily, running his frenetic, bloodied hands through his dark locks. "Look, can we just.. not discuss her psychological profile?" Yongguk whispered tiredly. He slumped down into the seat beside Daehyun. "After she's well, we can discuss it all you want, but right now... can you just please shut up?"

Daehyun blinked unsurely, but nodded nevertheless. There's something up, Daehyun thought inwardly to himself. Bang Yonghee, just what are you planning?

 

 

Her eyes fluttered opened, wincing at the fluorescent lights glaring down at her bitterly. She used her frail arm to hover over her eyes, sitting up hesitantly in the bed, looking around curiously. It came back to her at once -- the pain, the words exchanged, the fear and panic she felt radiating from her elder brother. Yonghee frowned as she examined the bandages wrapped securely around her waist, scowling at the tubes inserted into her arms.
Her eyes fell over the monitors, grimacing as she caught sight of her reflection in the mirror. "Bang Yonghee," she muttered scornfully. "How stupid are you, when you can't even succeed in killing yourself?" 

She felt herself stir; the monster inside her -- her conscience. It rumbled hungrily in the pit of her stomach. And at this, Yonghee had entirely lost her mind, blanking out completely. Her disappointment, as well as her nostalgia vanished with the blink of her eye, being earnestly replaced by a frightful wickedness. There was a flagrant coldness to her eyes; the black blanket was back, shielding her vision once again by a hatred so profuse, it could pronounce her psychotic. 

The monster was rumbling hungrily.

I need to kill.

Whatever it was that was inside of Yonghee, it was morphing her into something drastically horrid -- it was eating away her true self, and replacing it with a beast so severely twisted; Yonghee's personality was draining. She couldn't contain it; she couldn't fight it. Drowning in her abyss of nightmares and foul memories, Yonghee had no choice but to oblige to the raging monstrocity churning inside her soul.

She had given in to her most evil tempatation -- revenge.

"You're up?"

The man before Yonghee smiled gently, resting his clipboard on the counter beside her bed; he raised his stethoscope to his ears, readying himself to check her pulse, when Yonghee backed up into the headboard of her bed. "Don't come any closer," she commanded venomously. She growled threateningly, successfully holding the doctor in his place; she watched his angrily as he remained glued to his spot, gaping at her with an incredulous expression sweeping across his old features.
"Miss, you're not --"
Yonghee glared at him, plucking the needles out of her arms one by one, removing the patches from her legs. She threw her blankets off and twirled her feet off her bedside. "I'm not...?" she voiced with a playful mockery playing into her low voice. She chuckled huskily, tracing her slender finger down the doctor's clothed arm. "If two men come into this room, looking for me, please send them a message. First, make sure their names are either Bang Yongguk or Jung Daehyun.. Next, tell them: Yonghee wishes them the best of luck -- for they'll be needing it."

"Miss?"

Yonghee sighed heavily, dramatically throwing her hair over her shoulder before picking up her spoiled clothes from the chair in the corner. "You can also tell them this: Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu may have been unsuccessful, but next time.. it won't be."

The doctor eyes her, catching Yonghee's wrist as she strolled halfway out the door. "You can't leave," the doctor persisted. "You're not fully recovered --"
Yonghee slapped the man's hand away, scowling as she approached him furiously. She stamped her feet childishly as she made his way over to him, before swiping her hand across his cheek, leaving a stinging red mark across his pale visage. "Don't tell me what to do," Yonghee growled lowly. She sneered at him with a dogmatic stubbornness pressing onto her lips. "If you stop me again, I will make sure that you will be the one on that hospital bed -- the only difference is: you won't be fully recovering at all, but decaying on your lonesome... are we clear?"

Frightfully, the old man nodded, eyes wide as saucers, with his jaw hanging slightly, lips parted with an urgent fear seeping into his body. Yonghee smirked with a mock sweetness, slipping into her old clothes and tossing the hospital gown off of her. "Do you know who I am?" she inquired, resting herself against the doorway.
"Miss Yonghee, please -- there are strict orders --"
"350 men, 50 bodies," Yonghee whispered contemptuously. "That's what was reported... but in truth, Doctor, there are precisely 400 bodies, and exactly 100 lying across the fields of South Korea, waiting to be discovered, 300 of which are entirely disposed of by acid waste. Doctor," Yonghee muttered coldly, "if you value your life, you will stay away from me. If not, I can easily make it 401 bodies, and add an extra one cadaver to the 100 that still need to be discovered."

She smirked as a paleness reached the doctor's features. Silently, she held a finger to her lips, modestly letting the doctor know the secretivity that was desired of her small secret. "Thank you for understanding, Doc," she whispered humorously.

And with one last wink, Bang Yonghee was out the door, and back onto the streets; the beast sleeping within her was just barely awakening.

 


 

A/N: Are you guys confused? I'm so sorry -- I tend to be wordy, and I swear this all makes sense to me, so if you're having trouble following along; or if you like, don't know what "Beast" inside Yonghee I'm talking about, PM me or wall post me -- I will explain it to the fullest and make sure [or try my best] to guarantee your understanding.
Once again, OTL, I'm so sorry if you're like, "What".