Beneficial Disorder.

Baby, I'm a Monster

...the beast within her was just barely awakening.

 


 

Red. Splattered paint strewn across the walls of the interior of the small townhome. It was a dark, dry red color -- stained and tainted about the home of the eldery man that used to live here. Yongguk scowled knowingly, ing his fist into a nearby wall, the wall consequently crumbling pitifully under his harsh impact. A growl ensnared upon his distressed, features, causing Daehyun to grow uncomfortable. The latter walked, strolling about the small perimeter of the bedroom, picking and prodding at various objects through his gloved fingers.

"The doctor let her out," Yongguk whispered harshly. "How could he be so stupid!? He had orders from a prosecutor not to let that monster walk out of that room!" Yongguk bellowed.
"He valued his own life," Daehyun responded calmly, placing a bloodied snowglobe back into is respective spot. "Yonghee must've threatened him, using his life as leverage; wouldn't you, if not a cop, value your life more than another's?" Daehyun glanced up from behind his short lashes to find his elder glowering down upon him fiercely; the younger didn't even flinch.

"There's something absurd about her trying to kill herself," Daehyun remarked suddenly, slipping his gloves off. "Her profile doesn't match -- she's egotistical, narcissistic, and absolutely self-centered. A murderess like her wouldn't just wake up one day and realize what a heinous creature she is, and try to kill herself," Daehyun informed specifically.
"So what conclusions have you come up with?" Yongguk let out a long sigh, leaving the remaider of the investigators to thoroughly process the crime scene; the two partners made their way out through the front door, leaning across the railing casually to soak in the sun they have been missing out on. 
"Yonghee has either been playing the part of the killer, and actually has a hitman to do her dirty work, or..." Daehyun grimaced.
"Or what?" Yongguk catechized suspiciously.

"Or Yonghee is a more complex being than we're taking her for?"
"In other words?" Yongguk raised a probing brow down at Daehyun, who continued to glare out at the scenery before him; the younger pursed his lips thoughtfully into a tight line to hide his emerging scowl. 
Daehyun let out a long breath, resting his chin on his fist. "Yonghee could possibly have a split personality disorder."
Yongguk blinked down at Daehyun, incredulity building up in his irises as an astonishing shock rose within him. "Split personality?" Yongguk echoed with utmost disbelief?"

Daehyun nodded gravely. "Especially with her being a victim of acts of ual assault, it makes sense... but that doesn't mean it's entirely true. It could be one of many possibilities. The two I've stated just seemed most rational."
"So if she really does have a split personality disorder," Yongguk muttered, "what do we do?"
"We step our game up and start thinking like her alter ego."

 

 

Yonghee crouched in the corner, shuddering as she felt the stitches beginning to re-open; but despite the pain, her glare didn't falter, and neither did her form. She gritted her teeth, glaring menacingly at the young man hunched over her feet, kicking him harshly in the chest; the impact sent him flying onto his back. He was already almost out cold, with a dry blood stain blotted near the corner of his lip -- his eyes were lidded half-way, and his clothes tattered from Yonghee's sharp nails and sharp blade. She rotated her jaw, feeling a mysterious churn twist in her stomach.

"You're not going to hurt me," she whispered.
"You're a cold blooded ," the man croaked hoarsely.

Yonghee scoffed, placing her foot firmly upon his chest, pressing her heel down into his torso mercilessly. "I have to throw you away before you throw me away," she whispered coarsely, rotating her jaw as she clamped her sweaty palms around his neck. The stained knife lay neglected beside his head; he squirmed under her touch, wriggling futilely as she restricted his flow of oxygen.

Slowly, the burly man began to falter, his fingers twitching and eyes rolling to the back of his head. "I have to throw you away before you throw me away!" Yonghee cried ferociously, digging her nails into his neck. "I can't let you hurt me anymore -- you're not my Abeoji anymore! You can't hurt me! I'm untouchable! Bang Yonghee is untouchable!"
Yonghee choked on her own sobs as the tears flooded from her half-lidded eyes; a sleepiness hung wariliy about her as she continued to strangle the life out of the poor man underneath her; she sat uncomfortably upon his chest, shaking his back and forth as she continued to tighen her grip around him. It took a few more gags and a few more attempts to escape her when he finally fell limp. But even so, Yonghee didn't let go. She continued to grab him by his neck, holding him haughtily in a choke-hold. "Bang Yonghee.. is untouchable," she repeated weakly, her arms falling numbly to her sides.

She hung her head, tears dribbling down the sides of her jaw as she rose to her feet; her hair masked her vision, shadowing her face away underneath a black blanket of dark tresses; her heart beating slowly, matchin the rhythmic pace of her breathing. She ignored the grotesque scene, picking up her knife, and stepping over the body carelessly. 
It wasn't three minutes when she was already back on the streets, casually adorned in her jeans and hoodie, masked expertly behind her facade of melancholy and diffidence. It tossed and turned inside her; it craved for more bloodshed. Yonghee found her legs moving on their own into a direction she wasn't familiar with. Her long gait led her instinctively into a darker, more shadowed area of Seoul; beaten bums, broken down bars and sheds, tattered windows.

Yonghee leaned up against the brick wall, her downcasted eyes shuffling through the roads and alleyways -- carefully, her eyes scruffled past each face, studying her peers closely with a dark intent. I need to kill.

I can't let him hurt me.

I'm untouchable.

He can't hurt me anymore.

I need to throw him away before he throws me away.

Her eyes flickered brightly as they laid upon an older man lingering outside a tent bar. His cigarette hung loosely from his lips and his graying hair was shedding as the window flickered past. What others saw was just another old drunk trying to throw away his cares by drowning them out with liquor; but what Yonghee saw was utterly different. Her line of sight was blockaded by her childhood memories -- her childhood nightmares.

What -- per say, who -- Yonghee saw was --

Abeoji.

 

 

"Can you locate her at all?" Yongguk demanded gruffly.

Daehyun shook his head defeatedly, limply sighing. "As you said, her phone is off, and she's been off the grid for days, now... Even so, she's been successfully committing more and more murders --"
"Her numbers have increased a lot, you know that?" Yongguk interjected urgently. "If we don't take care of this, more innocent men will continue to die -- we have to find a solution!"
"What do you expect me to do, sunbaenim?" Daehyun inquired patiently. "Sure, I can study her all I want and come up with a highly accurate profile; I can diagnose her with all these sicknesses and disorders, according to your demands; I can find what's wrong with her... but all in all, it won't help us locate her actual being," Daehyun explained. "We have to do more than just figure out her profile now -- we have to consider the fact that it could be true she has a split personality -- that she has another conscious mind inside of her."

"If you had an evil alter ego," Yongguk sneered. "Where would you go?"

"You know that depends on the individual," Daehyun scolded mindlessly. 

Yongguk groaned, burying his face into the contents of his calloused hands. "Can you just work with me for a second?"
Daehyun nodded slowly, apologetically smiling. "Well.. since I'd be experienced," Daehyun pondered, "I'd probably go to where I normally go to commit my acts of crimes. According to what's been reported, if the killer still is Yonghee, she's sticking to her comfort zone -- most of the general areas are still located in Seoul.. she shouldn't be too far. We just need to set up posts," Daehyun reported professionally. The younger picked up his file and scanned through it carefully. "Sunbaenim.. this is your sister, right?"

Yongguk nodded, a flash of curiousity passing through his features.

"Let's say she really has a split personality disorder," Daehyun whispered. "That means... the real Bang Yonghee is still in there somewhere. She's just hiding underneath this alter ego -- this evil alter ego.. her having a split personality is actually a benefit. Her sentence can be reduced due to the conditions of her mental well-being; she'll get treatment, and things can go back to the way things used to be --"
"Don't make it sound so easy," Yongguk snapped coldly. 

The elder shook his head bitterly, his lips curling into a woeful frown. "What's done is done -- the Yonghee I knew died a long time ago."

"Sunbaenim --"
"What we have to do is bring her in, sentence her fairly and being her to justice. Split personality or not, the real Bang Yonghee is no longer a part of me; she's turned into a cold-blooded killer -- nothing will ever be able to go back to the way it was... ever."