Baby, I'm a Monster.

Baby, I'm a Monster

Had he ever seen her so happy, so free before? 

Yongguk laughed playfully, splashing more of the dish water onto his squealing sister's frame. She cringed, in hopes of dodging it but to no avail. In retaliation, she did the same back to him, even managing to dab a small amount of foam onto his face, lacing his upper lips with a foamy mustache. "Y-yah!" Yongguk cried gleefully, swiping some foam back onto her cheek. He received a mehrong, and would normally scold her for being so disrepectful to said elder, but hell. Who cared at this moment?

Not since childhood.

There was an odd sensation brewing in her stomach as Yongguk tackled her into a hug, twirling her gently before tossing her onto the couch. What was it? Nostalgia? Perhaps. She giggled as he threw a large blanket onto her, coating her with more and more layers before she was entirely covered with nearly five different duvet sheets. "Ah! Oppa!" she cried, voice muffled from all the layers of fabric piled upon her.
"Keep yourself warm!" he called back teasingly, a playful smile twitching at the corner of his lips as he caught sight of her struggling to stay afloat above the blankets. "I'll go make hot cocoa for the both of us; when I get back, we're watching the movie of my choice, and you're not allowed to fall asleep until she finish all the Lord of the Rings movies!"

"W-what?!" She gaped at his retreating back, mouth hanging with incredulity. "Oppa are you crazy?!"

No, he wasn't. He just needed a plausible excuse to spend time with her without having to be awkward or uncomfortable.

And what's a better way of doing that than snuggling up with your younger sister and watching your favorite films?

Nothing. Because this was priceless.

Despite her complaints, however, Yonghee wasn't one to argue. She was a huge fan of the movies, especially Legolas, and looked forward to nothing else.

 

Yongguk was fully into the third movie, inwardly cheering to himself and shouting at the screen under his breath as the final war scene played out. And it was also then that he felt Yonghee's heavy head fall onto his shoulder. His inward rooting ceased immediately and his gaze was averted to his slumbering younger. "Aish, pabbo," he muttered, chuckling lowly. "I said you couldn't fall asleep until we finished all the movies." He caressed her hair back, before pausing the movie. Removing the blankets, he picked her up and hauled her effortlessly to her bedroom, proceeding with laying her upon her bed.

He smiled at her peaceful form, a strike of lightning overtaking his heart as he viewed his tranquil sister.

How long has it been since he's seen her so serene?

He leaned down, pressing a brotherly kiss to her forehead. "Goodnight, pabbo," he whispered, pulling the blanket up to her chin.

Forever.

She stirred only slightly, only long enough to utter a meek, "Saranghae, oppa."

"I love you, too, dongsaeng."

 

It's been much too long since he's felt so calm.

He's not going to let her go ever again.

 


 

Daehyun grinned at her bashfully, rubbing the nape of his neck awkwardly before shifting his gaze downwards. Yonghee wasn't stupid; she knew where this was going. She just wanted to hear it from himself. So with that being so, she remarked playfully, "Yah, oppa. If you have something to say, you should just say it."

At this, Daehyun's ears perked up. "N-ne?" he croaked nervously. At that moment, his face turned from awkward to a nervous wreck. "AIsh, can't I just show you?" he whined. "You let me do that last time."
She grinned, shaking her head teasingly. "What last time?" she questioned jokingly, earning herself a soft glare.
Daehyun took hold of her waist, his free hand interlacing with one of hers. Just as he dipped his head to refresh her memory then, Yonghee giggled softly, placing a finger to her lips. "Aniya," she argued, making Daehyun growl. "I know you're not good at words, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't practice."
"But Yonghee~" Daehyun drawled, burying his face into her shoulder.

She sniggered at the ticklish sensation of his silky smooth hair sweeping over her bare skin. He turned his head, peeking up at the beautiful woman, glancing up at her from behind his voluminous eyelashes. Quickly, and surreptitiously, he stole a meek kiss, grinning victoriously at her cheated expression. Despite it, though, there was a tingling sensation lingering at Yonghee's lips, and she wasn't going to protest against it.

How long has it been since she's been so intimate with someone like this?

Daehyun smiled shyly, straightening his posture before tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. He leaned down, his ghostly breathe hovering just above her lips. She could lightly feel his lips moving against hers as he whispered a promiscuous, "I like you, Yonghee." The kiss that followed was more electrifying than anything she's ever experienced. It was so intense that Yonghee could say she could be tased at that moment, and it wouldn't even be able to compete with Daehyun's touches.

He had her pinned up against the wall, grinning as he felt her hands snake around his neck. A free hand crawled up behind her head, pulling it back slightly so he could deepen his angle. Their eyes flickered shut, half-lidded as their lips collided together repeatedly, sending jolts of pleasurable volts throughout their intertwined figures.

Much too long.

Daehyun's tongue was just grazing across her bottom lip when a gruff cough resonated throughout the air, causing both of them to pull away from each other feverishly. Daehyun coughed upon sight of the older male, turning so his back faced Yongguk. To himself, Daehyun winced and grimaced, cringing even futher as he heard Yonghee giggle rebelliously.

"Annyeong oppa," she chorused childishly, striking her cutest aegyo pose.

Yongguk didn't falter, simply grunting and passing the couple with a heated glare planted upon Daehyun. One look that said, You hurt her, you face the wrath of her older brother. And at this point, Daehyun assumed that an enraged Yongguk was much scarier than what Yoona would ever be, not that he had to worry about that counterpart anymore anyways.

Daehyun looked back to see Yonghee laughing quietly, biting down on her lip shyly.

She brushed back a strand of hair behind her ear and her eyes lifted up into humorous crescents upon sight of Daehyun's flustered features.

Yeah.

He wasn't going to let this one go that easily.

 


 

Yongguk patted Yonghee's hair as she spontaneously planted herself on his lap. He was amidst another war movie but for his sister, he placed it on pause, shooting her a questionable glance shortly after. "Can I help you?"
She glanced back up at him with twinkling eyes. "Hey, remember how I used to always want to be a writer?"

Yongguk blinked. "No..."
"Yeah, me neither," she chorused jubilantly, a humorous tone biting at her voice. She giggled loudly, before lifting herself back up, placing her arms behind her head as she leaned back into the sofa cushions. "But anyways," she chirped elatedly, "this epiphany hit me the other day."
"And?" His eyebrow was raised with genuine curiousity now.
"I think I should write a mystery-slash-angst novel based on my adventures," she voiced with an ecstatic expression. Yongguk laughed, but not in spite of her ideas; he laughed because of her childish presenation, because of the glimmering look in her eye that spelled nothing but mischief.

"And what about the money for sponsors? Publishers? I think you're better off writing on fanfiction sites," Yongguk teased, pinching her cheeks.

Yonghee made a playful growl, narrowing her eyes at her older brother. "Fine! But when I come to be a well-renowned, best selling author, don't come crying to me, begging for mercy!" she taunted mockingly with a smug smirk.
"So you really put thought into this?"
She nodded furiously, a determined look on her face. "And I know you have connections, oppa," she pouted. "So can't you just get your friend, Yoo Youngjae, to read over the thing one time once I'm done?"
Yongguk made a face, earning himself another pout. "Please, oppa?!"
"Are you sure?" he probed slowly, leaning in to view the determination lingering behind her irses.
"Yes, yes, definitely!" she chirped, giggling as she held onto his forearm. "So will you let me do it? I'll write it so well that once it's published, you'll be on the edge of your seat the entire time you're reading it! You'll be jerking tears and your heart will be pounding because of the emotional trauma and angst and suspense!"

Yongguk chuckled, patting her hair. She's put a lot of thought into it already, too. "But the most important thing," he remarked, earning himself award-winning wide eyes. "Do you have a title?"
She beamed proudly then, nodding pridefully.

"What is it?"
With a haughty smile, she grinned, flashing her most rewarding set of teeth. "Baby, I'm a Monster."

And Yongguk smiled with approval.. because somewhere deep down, he knew that with just that title alone, Yonghee's soon-to-be novel was going to go vast, vast, vast lengths. He couldn't feel any more relief at that point... it was really great to have Yonghee back.

Normal, at that point, has finally been accomplished.