Almost There.

Baby, I'm a Monster

The judge shifted uncomfortably, momentarily sharing a look with Yongguk before averting his eyes awkwardly to his gavel. Yongguk stood still, with his burly arms in tact, wrapped securely around his sister's quivering figure. Rocks of overwhelming bewilderment shook his fragile body with all its might, throwing her down into rock bottom. She felt him reassuringly squeeze her now and then to ensure her safety, but she couldn't hold in her sobs. They rushed out of her and dropped from her trembling lips with striking trepidation. Daehyun glanced at her pitifully before shooting a nod to the judge and Taehyun. "Your Honor," Daehyun voiced softly. He caught his superior's eyes, and nudged his dark head into the direction of Yongguk, his eyes silently questioning the frazzled judge.

The latter simply blinked, averting his gaze back and forth between the mourning siblings and the young prosecutor, before turning his attention directly to Yonghee's defense attorney. It was silent in the court; the only sound being emitted were the sobs simpering from Yonghee's lips. Her anguish danced about the atmosphere, striking every heart present and swiveling guilt about every mind present. Her despair echoed louder than her wails, ringing clearly about the tense atmosphere, thick and crystal. Gazes were downcasted as heads bowed down low, in shame, in pity, and with sympathy.

The judge turned to the jurors. "I.."

Eyes turned to look at the befuddled judge, reveries broken at the sudden voice speaking up over Yonghee's crying. Yongguk's head slowly turned, facing the judge as the latter locked eyes with the defiant cop. The judge scratched his nose, eyes glazed with a fresh coat of tears, almost; he cleared his throat confidently before wiping at his nose. "I.. as much as I want to fairly try Yoona for her acts of homicide, I can't simultaneously try her, as Yonghee is still present."
Yongguk's back is erect now, alarmed as Yonghee had somehow managed to quiet down to hear out the judge for herself. She looked up with her distressed pools of onyx, eyebrows knitting together with confusion.

"So," the judge breathed, "I'm lifting the charges."

Joy.

"But," the judge voiced, a seriousness seeping in darkly, "you must oblige to my compromise."
"Anything," Yongguk breathed, smoothing out the tangles in Yonghee's hair tenderly.
"You send her to therapy, as prescribed by her doctor, and give her the appointed medication, also as prescribed. You shall also send me weekly reports of her status, and you have her go in for check ups." The judge drew in a cold hiss, slamming his gavel boisterously as a commotion erupted within the crowds. "If, by any means, Yoona somehow re-emerges, there will be consequences. I am trusting you to take extra benevolent care of Yonghee?"

Miraculous.

"Definitely," Daehyun breathed, in unison with his sunbae, who by now was drowning in his own pool of relief. The older prosecutor glanced down happily at Yonghee, who was blinking with astonishment, agape as she turned to face the judge. 
"Chongmahl?" she breathed, eyes glazed with a hazy surreality. 

With a warm smile, the eldery surperior nodded. "Chongmahl."

 

 

Some time later..

 

"Yonghee-ah, wake up!"

Yongguk ushered himself into the dimly lit room with a small disappointed frown; his dark eyes fell upon the lump hidden beneath the blankets upon the bed,  a dark tuft of brown hair slipping from under the edge of the covers. "Yonghee," he cooed gently, stripping the duvet sheets off of her. "You need to wake your lazy up."
"No," she drawled, summoning a pillow and topping her head with it. Her next stream of words were muffled the the feathery substance, earning herself another chiding glare.
"Get up, fatass," Yongguk grunted, taking his hands and wrapping them around her exposed ankles. With a soft tug, there ensued a loud curse and obnoxious whining as the younger found herself propped up against the floor, amidst her pile of blankets. 

"Jerk."
"Lazy."
"Mean."
"Useless."

Yongguk glared down at his yougner before lifting a brow, offering his hand, which she accepted graciously. "You didn't have to drag me down," Yonghee whined, rubbing her sore thighs. "Who does that?"
"If I just left you to be, you'd be late for your appointment. Don't forget the rules, pabbo," Yongguk gruffly barked back, picking up her stuff. He ushered into the bathroom tenderly, leaning against the frame of the door as he watched her brush her teeth listlessly. "Daehyun told me to warn you about some exercises he has planned for you."

"Great," the second party groaned, spitting out the minty residue. She rinsed , before wiping her lips with a small towlette, brushing out the knots in her hair with her slender fingers. "First he quits his job as a cop and opens up his own clinic, and then he uses me as a guinea pig to test out his godly psych skills," Yonghee complained languidly. "What a great friend he is."
"He's doing it because he cares about you," Yongguk reminded her with a hearty chuckle as he followed her out into the hallway.

"So much as to make me work on colouring books and fairytale storybooks?" Yonghee muttered, pulling a clean sweater over herself. She grumbled incoherent profanities under her breath before glaring up at her brother. "I'm a grown patient with a multi-personality disorder, not a schizophrenic."

Yongguk chuckled, "You keep telling yourself that."
"I could say the same for you when you say you're not a bad cook."

A glare was thrown her way, and returned back to the offender it was.

But all it meant was that things were somehow patching itself back up together, and for that, Yonghee was semi-grateful.

 

"You're colouring outside the lines, Yonghee."

"Yah, oppa --"

Daehyun's charming grin brought her to a halt, and she instantaneously lost her train of thought; the words that graced her tongue so fluidly were now jumbled up and were unable to be uttered, leaving her to look like a foolish goldfish with her pursed lips and wide eyes. "Oppa?" he chorused humorously with a witty mischief dancing around his dark irses. "I haven't heard you call me that in a while."
Yonghee grumbled, shoving the colouring book away. "Fine, I guess I could just stick to Doctor Ju --"
"Aniya!" Daehyun blinked at his sudden intrusion, followed by an awkward clearing of his throat before he recomposed his flustered self. "Oppa is fine," he added, shrugging it off with a mysterious look. His nonchalant facade made Yonghee sneer playfully.

"You don't have to play such a cool character when I already know how lame you are, Daehyun oppa."

"Y-yah! You can't say that! I'm your doctor!"
"Oh, so you're not oppa, then?" Yonghee blinked. "Ah.. araseo, Doctor Jung."

The latter felt a look of incredulity grace his handsome features. "Wow," he huffed breathlessly, "this girl..."

Things may be patching up for her and Yongguk, but Daehyun could only guess it would be a much slower process for himself.
... At least they were getting somehwere, and for that, both he and Yonghee were appreciative.

 

Yongguk watched his two youngers lazily from his spot on the couch, eyeing them meticulously from the living room as the active pair messed around in the kitchen. Their prior objective was to prepare delectable kimchi, but the two had somehow ended up wasting the fermented vegetables by throwing them at one another -- an act that drew yet another sigh of tired fatigue from the eldest. "Yah, kids!" he grunted from his spot. "I spent a whole load of money on that stuff; at least use some for the kimchi!"

They ignored him.

He sighed. Of course. However, the more he thought about it, he glanced back at Yonghee and a ghost of a smile curved around his lips out of instinct. The amounts of medication she had to take was tremendous, sure, but it sure was beneficial, seeing as how her pains had lessened. Her head started to clear up more, and the migraines were less frequent now; she was in healthier shape, taking yoga and tai chi, as recommended by Daehyun to release the stress from her core. She's also been more active, having a part time job, even at a nearby animal hospital.

Yonghee, to him, looked more rejuvenated than ever, and he knew, deep down that even Yonghee herself was noticing the change within her; Daehyun was the first to notice, which looked back on Yongguk's part as Yonghee's brother, but he fought against the accusation, promptly accusing Daehyun of using his title as her psychologist to hog his sister away. 

Yongguk threw his head back onto the couch, a low breath being exhaled as he heard Yonghee cheer gleefully at the new bowl they had filled with aromatic kimchi. "Oppa!" she called, screeching excitedly; she huffed out of the kitchen, her long legs bringing her over to her older brother in record time. She held out the small appetizing bowl to Yongguk a prideful beam lining along her pink lips. "It's done," she giggled, eyes lighting up with radiant mirth.

Yongguk grinned, taking the bite she offered. Delicious. 

"How is it?"

"Horrible," he joked, taking the bowl from her hands. "But I love it anyways since you put so much effort in it."
She groaned, scolding him silently with her glare before stomping off into the kitchen, fists held at her sides as she playfully reprimanded her friend-slash-psychologist for ruining the perfectly fine kimchi she had made.

Yongguk took another bite, another smiling waltzing onto her features.

Normal -- they were almost there.

And for that, Daehyun, Yonghee, and Yongguk couldn't ask for more.