Testify.

Baby, I'm a Monster

Daehyun scowled painfully at Yonghee's tightening grip around his red hands; he peeled her tight grip on him away, rubbing his calloused fingers over the small of her back, rubbing onto her shoulders slow, soothing circles. "Breathe," he told her patiently, feeling himself well up with apprehensively disdain. He glanced at the clock nervously, counting the passing seconds with his breath held. He cleared his throat, rubbing Yonghee's shoulders. "You have to wait for your brother," he told her.

"How did this even happen?" Daehyun looked up to find the inquiring eyes of her appointed security guard. "I even gave her the pills this morning! Two a day; one in the morning, and one at night. I've been doing so as prescribed, so I don't understand --"
"It's just the amount of stress she has had to endure that past few weeks," Daehyun remarked warily. "First with the hung jury, and then the interrogations, and then the necessary attempts to get her to relive the crimes.. it's just been an overwhelming experience. I have stated before; she can relapse from over-exertion, not just from lack of treatment."

"It.. O-oh G-god, it h-h.. hurts!" Yonghee released a croaking cough, tears streaming down her cheeks as the agonizing pain continued to shoot through her head. "I dont.. I can't.. Wha-what's g-going on?" She panted heavily as she felt the droplets of her tears streak down her cheeks and into the corner of . Her cheeks were stained with a pinkish tint, half from embarassment, half from strain; she felt itch. Her head didn't stop pounding, and it seemed that the migraine was getting worse.

"Her condition worsens with every second longer she tries to hold it in!" a bystander remarked. "You're having her endure even more necessary pain!"
Daehyun scowled at him immediately, drawing a frightful look from the shivering man. "If you want the killer to make her presence and wreak havoc, fine. But as long as she is under my watch and under my protection, I am not allowing that."

He turned his attention back to Yonghee, doing what he could in his power to provide her with as much comfort there was offered. He kneaded her shoulders and temples, fed her water, whispered sweet nothings into her ear, hugged her, cradled her, hummed to her comfortingly as she always liked him to do.
He felt tears of desperation sting at the corner of his eyes, and he was soon quivering with apprehension. Yongguk had not returned, and Daehyun had nothing else to do but witness Yonghee's mental deterioration.

"Why are you having her hold back?!" a woman cried furiously. Worry streaked through her eyes, and it was as if she had forgotten that her son had fallen victim to Yonghee's evil alter ego.

"Because if she doesn't Yoona will appear, and she'll be tried! She'll be declared guilty unanimously, and you'd be putting Yonghee in jail as well!" Daehyun cried. "Yonghee, an innocent girl," he reminded him. "I need to show you that this is who she really is, not the girl that's fighting to make her appearance!"

Yonghee released another ear-splitting scream; Daehyun winced, as did the judge, the security guard, the jurors, and the remainder of the mass. It was indeed blood-curdling; a toe-curling series of pants resonated through their ears, and all eyes were set upon Yonghee's heaving form. Daehyun frowned knowingly, his arms falling limply to his sides. No, he thought to himself defeatedly. It can't...

At that moment, Yongguk had shuffled in through the doors, sweat slipping down the sides of his head, a crumpled white paper bag sitting in his hand. He looked around, rubbing his dark hair back from his forehead before looking at the people around him. They were somber, melancholy; their eyes were set upon Yonghee's trembling figure. That didn't matter to him. Nothing else did but Daehyun and Yonghee. However, when he caught sight of Daehyun's fallen features, he knew.

It was too late.

Yongguk cursed.

Daehyun cried.

Yonghee rose her head.

There was a new look to her, instantaneously catching her audience by surprise -- all excluding Daehyun and Yongguk of course. Her wide, doe-like eyes were instantly replaced with something much darker, something much more.. sinister. They were narrowed, glaring at all those around her with contemptous hate. Her lips fell from the timid smile into a disdainful sneer. The corner of her lips twitched promiscuously before curling up into a cocky smirk.

A hum left her lips at that moment, drawing the crowd back. Her fingers curled over the manilla-coloured file placed in front of her, her long fingernails playing with the edges. She looked up at Daehyun, then; instead of the usual witty remark she would cast his way, she took him by surprise.

The hatred had disappeared from her eyes. There was no contempt left, no disdain; no disparaging threats were flung his way. There was a lack of menace as her irises softened on him. She turned to face Yongguk, her irises flickering to the bag of medication sitting in his hand before turning to face the judge.

All this while, she shivered; she was silent, as if contemplating -or planning- her next move.

She drew in a shaky breath; Daehyun eyed her with narrowed orbs, his dark brown hair being flung out of his eyes as he cocked his head in a questioning manner. She glanced at him nonchalantly, her features void of emotion. She opened , shutting it promptly, before opening it again. However, no sound emitted, and she stood there lifelessly, looking like a gulping fool.

"I.."

Her voice was hoarse.

She glanced up to look at Daehyun, despite the fact that she was directing her claims toward the judge. There was a hidden meaning behind this gesture, Daehyun knew; she was trying to assure him something, but of what he had still yet to discover. 

"I would like to testify.." Her voice was just above a whisper, wavering as she drew in another trembling breath, "as Bang Yoona."