Wish

Fate

 

Baekhyun immediately lost it as Kamin's hand slipped out of his, limp and lifeless. The smell of her fresh blood made his head spin and the thought that she has left him made him insane.
 
"Kamin!" He shouted, piercing the silence of the night. He hugged her close to him, his tears falling silently down as he cried. Her face was drained of colour and her lips were a pale white. There was nothing to say, only to say that she had passed on.
 
"Kamin, why must you leave me? Kamin ah..." Baekhyun cried,"can you please answer me, Kamin?" 
 
Sooyeon broke into louder sobs and Kai pulled her into an embrace, her hair comfortingly. Her body trembled as she wept, mourning the loss of her best friend and sworn sister.
 
"Kamin... We have been together for so long, on so many mission and now you have to go? What will I do? What will I do?" Sooyeon cried, kneeling by Kamin's side. Kai looked down sadly on the floor. This was his fault. He shot that bullet which had taken her life. 
 
He sank to his knees, his head hung low. 
 
"Kamin, I am sorry. I never should have shot that bullet. I never should have." Kai bit his bottom lip," I promise you I will take care of Sooyeon and Baekhyun for you. I will not let you down. Please..." He put his fist to his lips to calm himself down. 
 
"Please rest in peace. " Kai spoke as he kowtowed. Baekhyun hugged Kamin's limp body even closer to him as he cried, not being able to believe she was really gone. 
 
"Hyung, I know you have spent many wonderful memories with Kamin and I am awfully sorry." Kai apologized as he placed a hand on Baekhyun's shoulder,"I know you love her a lot and she loves you too. You guys were such a great couple but now... Kamin has passed aw-" 
 
Baekhyun shoved his hand off his shoulder," "Kai, shut up! She is not dead. She isn't. She is still here." 
 
"Hyung. I know this is hard-"
 
"stop it. She is not dead. She cannot be. She must not be. What am I to do without her?" His voice softened to a whisper.
 
"What am I to do without you, Kamin?" He sobbed as he gazed at her peaceful visage. She looks as if she were only sleeping. She was still as beautiful, still as heartbreakingly beautiful.
 
"Kamin, come back. I beg you. Come back, don't leave me here. You are the only one for me. I cannot... I cannot do without you. Don't leave me, Kamin. Don't." Baekhyun buried his face into her shoulder.
 
"Kamin, I wish that you were here. I wish the bullet had never shot you and I wish you had never died. I wish that you are still alive." Baekhyun whispered, wishing with his entire heart. 
 
I wish that you are still alive. 
 
Sooyeon closed her eyes shut as she clasped her hands together.I wish that you are still alive, Kamin ah. 
 
Kai did the same, his eyes closed as he prayed. Kamin, I wish you are still alive. Baekhyun is missing you.
 
Sooyeon opened her teary eyes afterwards and gasped as a white-purple light washed over the room, blinding her in its bright light. 
________
 
As Sooyeon finally opened her eyes again, she found the room spotless, without any trace of evidence that a fight had ensued and the floor! The floor was shiny and impeccable. Without any crimson blood stains.
 
Kai had also noticed it, looking around confusedly. Baekhyun's attention was fixed on Kamin who was still lying on his lap.
 
A movement then caught his attention. 
 
The slight fluttering of Kamin's long lashes.
 
 
_______
 
As people flooded out of the cruise ship the next morning, there were two couples that looked especially blissful as they walked out hand in hand, ready to embrace a fresh new start, one without any limitations or any secrecy.