Dating

First Love Turns Second

So Eun’s POV

 

“Since it’s too rushed to write a melody now, let’s write short lyrics about the feeling of us meeting today.” He suggested as he had already prepared pens and papers to write on. From that perspective, I saw a real man in him, the complete opposite from how he acted a minute ago.

 

“Yes, yes,” I nodded, “Write about Scarlett Johansson then.”

 

“Aish, I knew that will happen…”

 

Was my jealous side revealing?

 

There was silence between us. The concentration in our eyes could not be denied as we penned down our true feelings about today’s meeting. True feelings? Was it?

 

If I were to write down my true feelings, I knew it would be instant trouble.

 

Therefore, like a movie, my feelings had to be edited in order to be broadcast on TV.

 

Jun Ho’s POV

 

“Let’s switch,” I suggested when I could not even bring myself to say my own lyrics. I sighed and crossed my legs in anxiety. I wondered what she had written. I wondered what she felt after seeing me today.

 

That was my main purpose of this idea – to know her feelings through lyrics.

 

“Okay, I’ll read first,” I said but stopped again. Her handwriting had changed a little to more cursive but still legible. She covered her ears in embarrassment. “It’s a bit embarrassing for me to read this.” I admitted.

 

“Meeting you for the first time.
The shaking feeling, thump thump.
Although I haven’t seen your face,
Hearing your voice from far away,
Aroused my playful feeling.”

 

Now it was her turn to read mine.

 

“Lyricist.
Jun Ho.
Heart pounding steps.
With a filled shaking heart.
I’m here.
I don’t know until when.
While waiting and looking around.
End.”

 

I could feel my face burning from embarrassment. However, everything I had penned down was the truth. It was vague but described my feelings perfectly.

 

My heart was shaking from fear after seeing her. I knew I would be here for her – at least for the show. However, I might leave her again – like I did four years ago. I wanted to be there for her but I did not dare to promise anything. The last time I did, I broke it – and broke her heart.

 

My phone rang and it was the music director who asked us to join him at Hongdae for dinner. And I would assume that would mean social drinking as well. I agreed and we both moved on to her car.

 

“Ah cats!” She reminded us of the topic we were talking before.

 

“Do you remember K-“ She almost spilt it out but I stopped her by taking out my phone. She was about to ask me if I remembered her, or should I say, our cat – Koonie. Of course I did but that should remain a secret between the both of us.

 

I had not seen Koonie for a long time. She showed me a picture of it and I missed it. And I showed her Chan Sung’s cat but was also considered my cat, my property, since we shared the same dorm. Chan Sung would not like the idea of me calling his cat mine.

 

“Ah! Look at this!” She squealed adorably, “Isn’t she totally cute?”

 

No, you’re cuter, I thought to myself.

 

We reached the restaurant and I pulled out the chair for her. The atmosphere was intense but the directors tried to stay friendly, as opposed from before. “As the oldest hyung, let me pour some for you,” He said while preparing the bottle.

 

I received it gracefully and toasted with them. As we were talking, the pouring never ended. I kept drinking and drinking but I did reject any of the drinks. It was wrong for me to do so. However, I was worried for So Eun who was not strong in drinking.

 

“What do you think of So Eun?” He suddenly asked me.

 

“Oh,” I was taken aback, “Pretty… and nice. And easy going.”

 

“So Eun?”

 

“Oh very cool, and can match well with me.”

 

We all toasted out of embarrassment. Why would he ask such a question?

 

“But So Eun, do you have a boyfriend?” A female staff asked So Eun.

 

I tried to remain calm and composed. I knew it was a show and she would say no. However, I would like to hear an answer from her. Did she get a boyfriend… after our divorce?

 

“It’s going well as a blind date right now…” The director cut in again, “The atmosphere now is great.”

 

So Eun laughed nervously and successfully avoided the question.

 

The director just made her avoided the question that I was anticipating an answer for! Aish, I was slightly annoyed but I could not ask that question, couldn’t I? He continued, “Since you have good feelings about each other, do a love shot in memory of it.”

 

Eh? What?

 

“Love shot! Love shot! Love shot!” They all cheered. The director poured a full glass for So Eun and she gasped in surprise. How was she going to finish all of that?

 

We did it without looking at each other’s eyes, knowing we would be awkward about it. After all, it was not the first time we did such a thing.

 

“But the two of you seemed to have an experience in dating?” One of them probed. They seemed more like analysers instead of directors.

 

“Dating? Experience…” I started first while giving her a quick glance. Should I say the truth? I admitted, “Not a lot. Just a long time.”

 

So Eun’s POV

 

“Loving one person only? Pure man?”

 

Was he talking about me?

 

We dated for two years and married for a few months. Was that considered a long time for him? I hoped so.

 

“But if you have a lot of experience, it will help in writing music,” The director explained and looked at me this time, “Especially writing lyrics. It will help.” I nodded in agreement.

 

“From my experience, more than people who have loved a lot, the person who wants to love will be better.”

 

I understood his meaning immediately and exclaimed, “Ah, I want to!”

 

Was that too obvious? I bit my lips and hid my face when Jun Ho was trying to conceal his expression by sitting formally and nodded briefly.

 

Jun Ho’s POV

 

We shared an umbrella under the rain. It was bright red umbrella which complimented well with the soothing yellow shirt she was wearing. Even though there was space in between us, my heart could not stop skipping, knowing that So Eun was really right here beside me – again.

 

The walk from the restaurant to her car was quick. I wanted more time with her. Instead of saying goodbye immediately,  I knew I could not go home like that. I said bravely, “After we get home, if we have any good ideas, then we’ll have to contact each other.”

 

“But I don’t know how to contact you…” My intention should be obvious enough.

 

We laughed and bid goodbye as I opened the door for her, “Get in the car!” I rushed her in as to prevent her from seeing my ears turning red.

 

I walked in the rain by myself, contented and grateful. I got her number again and we managed to meet each other in such a strange way. It was fun getting to know each other.

 

Because someone said we matched well, I was happy.