Confirmed

First Love Turns Second

So Eun’s POV

 

Twelve more days to the last day of filming and Jun Ho and I would be done with the OST project and schedule. I drove in my own car and reached the JYP Building. It was way larger and grand than I had expected. And it was very nerve-wrecking for me to be here.

 

It would be the first time I would step into Jun Ho’s working place and I was excited to see his job scope through this. I had already finished writing the lyrics and Jun Ho had completed the song. He had been working all nights and I figured today would be the day I reward him.

 

My mood today was different from before. I had already accepted to be his… girlfriend once more, giving us another chance to try to be a couple once again. It had been days since I had met him and I did not know how we were supposed to act in front of the camera.

 

I also bought food for his colleagues. I stepped into the room and Jun Ho looked shocked to see me here, “Oh, you gave me a surprise. You should have told me to fetch you downstairs.”

 

“Hello,” I greeted him brightly and also not forgetting his colleagues, “I bought some food. You guys must be hungry.”

 

“Thank you.” His colleagues smiled back at me and received the food graciously.

 

I looked at him and pointed at myself, “This is my first time here.”

 

“This is Kim So Eun, you guys should know right?” Jun Ho introduced me awkwardly as his hand barely touched my shoulder.

 

The sound engineer crossed his arms and said, “She’s prettier in real life.”

 

I giggled shyly and thanked him. Jun Ho invited me to have a seat and started the job immediately. As expected, he was serious when it came to work and I was not complaining. He said, “So Eun is writing the lyrics.

 

“It’s harder than I thought. It’s difficult.” I admitted.

 

“Have you guys thought of the concept of the song?”

 

Jun Ho cut in and explained, “It’s about a couple who love each other but have to leave each other. Should we show you the lyrics?”

 

“Yes, please, show us the lyrics. Have you brought the lyrics?”

 

I nodded and my heart started to beat quickly as I was reminded of that day when I was criticised by the director rather severely. I was hoping that history would not repeat itself. “Ah, I’m very nervous at this moment. I couldn’t sleep at all, I keep backtracking my diaries that I have written for the last ten years to look for materials,” I blabbered on out of anxiety.

 

“It looks like you prepared a lot! How much have you really prepared?” One of the composers mentioned.

 

“She really worked very hard, she prepared a lot!” Jun Ho added to praise me.

 

I took out my scrapbooks and replied, “I prepared two versions. I thought of the gentle and kind man and prepared the first version in this direction. And I prepared the second version in a more manly tone.”

 

Jun Ho looked pretty serious and I could not read his mind at all. For a moment, I was frightened he would not like my lyrics at all.

 

“What does the composer think?” The colleague asked Jun Ho.

 

“Me?” Jun Ho was almost in a daze, “I’ll have to sing first. Okay, I’ll start now.”

 

“My eyes are just finding you
My two hands are still holding you
Feeling sad that I can’t have you
Tears form and fall

I love you, I love you today too
I want you like this
Can’t you just stay?
Because I have the greed to just look at you
I’m frightened”

 

He finished the song and the composer asked him, “This is the first version? You like this better?”

 

“This is the one he doesn’t like!” I laughed and pinpointed him.

 

“Eh, it’s not that I don’t like it,” Jun Ho took the second version, “It’s just that I prefer this! Okay, now for the second one. I like this connotation more.”

 

“You looking at me
Right, I looked at you too
Your face which I still can see in my eyes
Should I cry, I can’t erase it anyway

We loved each other
We wanted each other
But to be honest we can’t be together
I hate living just missing you
You…”

 

The atmosphere was serious for a while. No one talked after Jun Ho sang my lyrics to his composition. I felt myself almost stopping to breathe for air, suffocating from the pressure that succumbed to me while waiting for their response.

 

Suddenly, the sound engineer commented softly, “It’s really well written.”

 

“Ah!” I heaved a sigh of relief and shut my eyes and opened it again, “Should I show it to all of you? I couldn’t sleep at all. I keep writing and writing all of these and keep picking on the sound. This song, I write so much.”

 

I heard ‘whoa’ from all over the rooms from Jun Ho and his colleagues. They really appreciated my hard work and I was very pleased that they liked the lyrics. The composer even joked that she wanted to buy over my lyrics which had Jun Ho laughed into fits. He clapped his hands and laughed really loudly.

 

Seeing his laughter, I knew he was feeling less stressful after he knew the hardest was finally over. He sat back in his chair, feeling relaxed.

 

After that, I started to give my opinions about the different versions, “I personally like the first version better. It’s a little bit manlier. It flows to the ear as well. As I looked at the scenes of the drama, this one fits well…”

 

However, Jun Ho’s expression changed. His smile was no longer prominent but he kept it relaxed, “I personally liked the second version better. Personally. Because I liked it personally, it’s a part that can be released with better tuning.”

 

Although I liked the second version, Jun Ho seemed to be pushing his persuasion.

 

However, we decided not to argue about it today. Jun Ho clapped his hands and stood up, “Ah, everyone, thank you so much. All of you have worked hard.”

 

I smiled and bowed at them with gratitude. Thanks to them, I had great fun working on the song without any pressure. Also, I gained loads of confidence after the first failure from before. Jun Ho focused his attention at me and said, “Noona, you have worked the hardest. Thank you.”

 

The way he said ‘noona’ made my heart skipped two beats. It had been a long time he had called me that. Even though we promised not to be formal, hearing him saying that was warm to the heart.