Thank You

First Love Turns Second

So Eun’s POV

 

“Jun Ho, So Eun just made up a title just now.” The director told him, “It’s Sad Love.”

 

“Sad Love? Oh I really like it. Did she come up with it?” Jun Ho awed in amazement. I looked away in embarrassment. The director nodded and Jun Ho added, “Yah, even coming up with titles now…” I knew he was teasing me but I refused to answer.

 

“Okay we’ll start recording.”

 

I turned serious to look for any flaws in the song so I could fix it to perfection. The music started and Jun Ho started singing.

 

My eyes only seek you
My hands are still holding on to you
I can't do anything with my heart
Love is so sad for me

 

I closed my eyes to listen to the song. His voice was perfect, absolutely perfect. It was more than what I imagined. I had always wanted Jun Ho to sing this song even though we assigned Lee Jung to sing it. I knew he could sing it with the emotions I wanted because… I came up with the lyrics thinking of him – of us.

 

I'm standing here right now
If you come a bit closer, you will see me
The regret for not being able to have you
Turns into tears and falls

 

The song really reflected on the days we struggled without each other. As each day passed, I thought memories of him would fade away but no, the feelings were stronger than ever. The more I see him, the greater the regret of not being able to have him.

 

I love you, today too, I still love you
I want you badly like this
Can't you just stay
Every time I look at you I become greedy, I get scared

 

He closed his eyes and sang as well. I wondered if he felt the same thing as me when he was there inside the room singing. I started to sing along silently, proud that the lyrics flowed smoothly along with the composition.

 

Right now I'm standing here
If you come a bit closer, you will be able to see me
I can't lose you like this
I can only sigh while swallowing my tears

 

Jun Ho, can you hear my heart beating for you? Can you hear what I’m feeling in this song of ours? I thought to myself.

 

I love you, today too, I still love you
I want you badly like this
Can't you just stay
Every time I look at you I become greedy, I get scared

 

As he finished the chorus, I was smiling from ear to ear on how perfect the song was. It was supposedly a sad song but it brought on so much hope and love for anyone listening to it. I nodded to myself.

 

Even if I try calling your name, it echos back to me as a wind
Even if time goes by, even if you forget about me, I will still be here, waiting for you)

I love you, today too, I still love you
I want you badly like this
Can't you just stay
Every time I look at you I become greedy

I love you, today too, I still love you
I who want you badly like this
Can't you just come to me
On the day when we will be together

 

After he finished the song, I opened my eyes and turned to him. I found him already looking at my way and giving me the most sincere smile ever. My eyes sparkled at the sight of him and it was as if the directors were not there and there were no cameras to capture our moments. We were in our own world, enjoying each other’s gaze and love.

 

Jun Ho’s POV

 

The final evaluation that made us nervous was finally over. We were in So Eun’s car sitting at the back of it together. We faced each other she reached out to touch my arm, “You have worked hard.” The words she said melted me. It was like words of what a wife should say after the husband got home from work every day. Those words were familiar but still very touching.

 

Would I be able to hear them from now on?

 

I could not bear the lack of physical contact with her. I did not care what the media would say. I put out my hand for her and she grabbed it tightly. The soft, gentle and warm hand of hers in mine, the feeling was great.

 

“Let’s go and eat good food as a reward! As a reward for working so hard…” Her eyes sparkled at the mention of food like usual. I liked how she never cared about dieting like other celebrities and stayed true to herself.

 

“Since we have worked hard, we should reward ourselves… by the way of food.” I repeated.

 

Her eyes became larger and she emphasized, “It’s going to taste great!”

 

I laughed at her. She had not even decided on what to eat but she was sure that the food was going to be good.

 

We rode in the car and reached a posh restaurant that the staff crew arranged for us. Learning from the mannered Nichkhun, I pulled out the chair for her although the waiter had done it for her. The waiter smiled in embarrassment while So Eun was honored.

 

“Please give us the meal that appeared in ‘The Feast of Gods’,” I told the waiter. It was ironic to have the meals shown in the drama. It was even weirder to have written a part of the drama’s OST. We still could not believe the song was accepted.

 

They poured red wine for us and the food came. I spotted So Eun taking many sips of the red wine. She offered a glass to me and teased when I stopped drinking for a while, “Do you want another glass? Or you’re resting?”

 

“No, no, I’m okay…” I drank another sip of red wine and chuckled, “That hurt my pride!”

 

She laughed and shook her head, “That’s not what I meant!”

 

“You’re a good drinker…” I stared at her intently. She was never a good drinker. I thought she was a bad one. Maybe she was bad with Korean alcohols but I had never seen her stop drinking red wine.

 

The chef came out to greet us and asked about the food. We praised the food and he jokingly added, “Make great memories together. Friendship can go in the direction of love, can’t it?”

 

We looked down together, blushing from his words. Feeling more open-minded, So Eun actually fed me the food which I accepted wholeheartedly. I looked at her and said, “Come to our concert. I think it’s the end of the year.”

 

Since it was a position that I could show off my cool side, I really wanted her to come and watch. In her eyes, I was probably the immature and bright one but in my concert, I could really show her what I was doing for a living and make her proud for once.

 

“Okay, I’ll go.” She nodded stiffly. She continued, “I really want to see how you are like on stage.”

 

“I’m totally different on stage.”

 

“Hmm?” Her attention finally got away from the red wine and food.

 

I started boasting about myself, “A tough guy…”

 

She started clapping and laughing at my words. She covered her face to hide her blush but nothing could escape my eyes.

 

“Like a beast… beast…”

 

“Do you rip your clothes off?”

 

“All of it.”

 

She gasped and asked, “Just the upper part?”

 

“Should I rip the lower part too?” I was shocked at her question.

 

“No…” She turned away.

 

I nodded, “Alright, I’ll rip it if you come.” I . Since we were married, it was not as if she had not seen the whole of me – . My ears started turning red at the thought of it. Jun Ho, what are you thinking? Please snap out of it.

 

The mood turned different.

 

“Sometimes when I look at you, especially when you are angry, when you are determined and your ears turned teary, it makes me think how feminine you are. Your dazed expression looks really pretty.” She tilted her head without saying a word. I looked down and asked, “Do you think of me that way?”

 

“I… The first time I went to JYP studio, I saw you working and I thought to myself, ‘so cool and manly’. You looked really charming.” She complimented me and my smile naturally appeared.

 

I knocked my fists against each other and reminded her of the past days of our physicla contact and said, “I think we graduated from this. We did that because we were still awkward with each other.”

 

“Let’s do something else,” She whined, “Then what shall we do?”

 

“How about lacing our fingers like this?” I put my hand up for her and she did not hesitate to do the same. With that, we intertwined our fingers together, just like what a normal couple would do. However, we let go immediately since it was in front of the cameras.

 

“Thank you.” She said to me.

 

“No, I’m thankful,” And it was very sincere from the bottom of my heart. It was not only regarding the show and song, also her giving another chance to do it over again. I was thankful for her placing her trust in me despite all the disappointments I gave her the years before. I was grateful she never had a change of heart when I was not there for her.

 

“No, really, thank you.” She said again. I smiled at her as she raised her red wine – again, “Cheers!”

 

“I really ate well.” She started the topic about food again as we walked down the streets together.

 

“The food was delicious.” I commented.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, of course.”

 

“Ah, I’m feeling a little dizzy…” She admitted. Of course she did after drinking so much red wine. Luckily, I was there with her. I should really remind her off cameras to not drink so much without me.

 

“Oh really? Hold on to my arm then.” I offered and she did bashfully. I wondered if she was really dizzy or just wanted a chance to hold my arm.

 

“See you at the recording.” I told her and patted her back.

 

“I’m going.” She said cutely and went into the car after I opened it for her. She waved goodbye and said, “I’ll call you.”

 

Aish, could this girl be so obvious in front of the cameras. I closed the door to make sure she did not say anything out of the bag again. I hoped So Eun would forget all of the hardships we had endure just for today and rest well.

 

A/N:

Sorry for MIA-ing for so long! Here's another chapter for you guys out there! :)