Not The End

First Love Turns Second

Jun Ho’s POV

 

Unknowingly, the time for separation was approaching as the sun sets. The sky was dark and the temperature was getting colder. Even though the cold wind blew against our skin, our hearts were warm.

 

We sat down at the bench after having fun at the beach. So Eun looked extremely sad because of this moment but she tried to not look bothered by it too much. We stayed silent and never looked at each other for a really long time. We knew that it was not the last time we would be seeing each other but realizing that the purpose of our meet-ups was going to end today wasn’t very appealing.

 

This silence was not working out. I turned to her with courage and asked, “What do you think of the 30 days?”

 

She pondered for a while, “Uhh.” I waited for her response as I sensed her tears were already at the brim. She nodded and finally glanced at my way, “I really liked it.” I nodded back but she continued, “It’s nice thinking of all the good memories.”

 

“I really didn’t think time will pass that fast.”

 

“Really? I also didn’t think time will pass that fast,” She was smiling but I could hear her voice broke a little.

 

I could sense my eyes were getting red and nodded at her, “I think we really worked hard.”

 

“We really went through a lot.” She commented and gave me a quick look. I knew what she was referring to. The viewers might think we went through a lot because of the song but the song was just icing on the cake. If they had known what we had gone through behind the cameras, they would be appalled. Everything that happened in these 30 days seemed so unreal. Would the memories just happen to disappear once the filming was over?

 

“Since it’s the last day, because on a typically day I was not able to work anymore, you gave me a lot of help so I wanted to give you a gift,” As soon as I finished saying, I reached out for my bag to get my present for her. Her face told me she was not expecting this.

 

My self-confidence went low as I was not sure whether she would like it, “I really don’t know… When I went to France, because I really like scented candles, I bought a lot of candles so I want to give you this as a present.”

 

“Thank you,” She whispered shyly. After that, she took out something from her bag as well – a present for me. “I want to give you this cellphone case that I had designed myself.” She gave it to me.

 

I realized it had a heart shaped so I joked, “What is this? Now we’re a couple?”

 

She ignored me and continued, “It has my picture at the back. So you can look at me whenever you want.” She chuckled and moved away from me as I looked at the picture with awe. Even before I could make another comment, she added, “This is a book that I like… I wrote a letter inside the book too.”

 

“Oh really?”

 

“A handwritten letter.”

 

I opened the book and started reading. She slapped my shoulder and whined, “Yah, why are you reading it now?”

 

‘Composer Jun Ho

 

We too were pulled together by fate like this. In the 30 days, we really made a lot of memories together. By you as a composer and me as a lyricist. The precious time we spent together to make a beautiful song, I will remember it. Let’s do our best in our own positions. Let’s achieve what we each want. You who always shine on stage, I will always support you.

 

From Lyricist So Eun’

 

I felt what So Eun was thinking as I read the letter, I was so thankful.

 

We stood up after keeping the presents in our bag. It was finally the time to say goodbye. I said again, “You worked hard during the 30 days.”

 

“You too.”

 

I nodded slightly and continued staring at her. Should I? Should I not?

 

After thinking for what seemed like eternity, I opened my arms wide and gave her a warm embrace. She accepted it with gratitude and it stayed like this for a while. I did not want to let go. I did not want to let her go – forever.

 

♪ ♫ ♬

 

I was able to tell her manager to let me send her off again. I figured her manager had grown to know about our relationship as she did not question why I wanted to do that. I was ever so grateful for such an understanding manager for my manager would go bonkers if he had known I had feelings for So Eun.

 

I managed to convince So Eun to invite me up to her house. She frowned and was embarrassed. She had unlocked the door to her home but she hesitated again. “What is it?” I asked her.

 

“It’s really messy inside. Maybe you should come back another day…” So Eun suggested yet again.

 

I sighed and held her by the shoulder, “I’m leaving for Japan in another two days. I’ll be based in Japan for at least two months, So Eun. I won’t be able to see you then.”

 

I had not told So Eun about me going to Japan yet. But looking at the situation now, I had to break it to her. I could feel her expression going dull and she felt betrayed by my words. However, being such a gentle and understanding So Eun, she never whined at me for informing her late.

 

Instead, she opened the door to her house and let me in.

 

As I stepped into her house, I knew why she was so worried. Her house was cluttered with clothes, toys and other stuff. It was not messy but quite disorganized. I immediately assumed she did not have the time to pack her stuff neatly due to her busy schedule. Acting was a hectic career. It had no fixed timings. She could be working overnight in one day and whatsoever. At least idols could get sleep at night.

 

She stood at the kitchen and started getting busy. I could sense she was very nervous having me in her house. I was too. I witnessed her walking around her kitchen and talking to me, “Would you like a drink? Green tea? Coffee? Water? Or are you hungry? Ramen? Or…”

 

I grabbed her waist and placed her body close to mine. I swallowed my saliva nervously as I noticed her adorable blush. She froze in my embrace and I said, “I’m hungry but… food’s not going to satisfy me.”

 

“Jun Ho…” She stuttered.

 

Hearing her calling my name, there was no way I was going to resist anymore. I bent down and kissed her gently. She was slightly taken aback by my action but she responded swiftly by kissing me back. Her arms went around my neck and I deepened the kiss. My hands were still on her waist as she leaned against the kitchen counter.

 

We broke away from the kiss, gasping for air and I gave her an intense stare again. She looked down with embarrassment and I saw the old So Eun in her.

 

The young So Eun that I met years ago, the young So Eun I married years ago.

 

I closed my eyes and whispered the three words, “I love you.”

 

With that, she pushed herself closer to me and continued the kiss.

 

Feeling the familiar touch from her. I could not believe it had been years since I had her in my arms like this. Without breaking the kiss, I carried her up in bridal style and walked to her room, closing the door behind.

 

It’s going to be one of a night.

 

A/N:

Two chapters today! :)