Affirmation

First Love Turns Second

So Eun’s POV

 

I felt the blanket over my body and grabbed it tightly. The pillow underneath my head was exceptionally soft and comfy today. I tossed and turned in my sleep to find warmth beside me. I hugged him and he groaned. I smiled as I realized he was still deep in his sleep.

 

Suddenly, my alarm clock rang loudly. I opened my eyes in surprise and turned away from him to shut off the clock. I checked back to see that he was still in his sleep. I heaved a sigh of relief and sat up, feeling dizzy as I woke up too abruptly.

 

I touched his facial features gently and the smile of mine must have reached my ears. I felt blissful as I realized Jun Ho was right beside me, in my bed. I felt like the luckiest girl alive. It was a relief I had started using the pills to control my cycles. There would not be another accident like we did in our teens.

 

Checking the time, it was already past 8 in the morning. I stealthily got down from my bed and wore my undergarment, a simple t-shirt and shorts before leaving the room. I closed the door behind him and left him inside to continue sleeping.

 

Stretching myself, I went to the kitchen and decided to prepare breakfast for him. I giggled when I remembered the days when I could not even toast bread properly. I was a spoilt child since young and never entered the kitchen.

 

Having a shot-gun marriage did not prepare me to be a pro in the kitchen. By trial and error, I worked my way through meal times and Jun Ho had a good time laughing at my attempts but never failed to compliment me for the efforts.

 

That was the case until our relationship got strained.

 

He would be so proud to see what I had prepared for him. I had cooked sausages, sunny-side up and even kimchi if he preferred Korean dishes along with either orange juice, milk or coffee.

 

As I was too immersed with the cooking, I did not realize he was up until his arms s through my body to my waist. I jumped up a little and turned around, “You’re awake?”

 

“Yeah,” Jun Ho buried his face in my hair and neck, “Why didn’t you call me up?”

 

“I want you to sleep longer. You seem very tired.” I replied while putting the eggs onto the plate.

 

Jun Ho chuckled, “Of course, I’m tired. Yesterday night was…”

 

“Your breakfast is ready!” I moved away from him while carrying the plates onto the table. I interrupted him because I was too shy to talk about last night. I had never dared to talk about it in front of him.

 

He noticed the blush and embarrassment so he did not budge. He sat down across me and caressed my face before taking a bite on the sausage, “Wow, So Eun… Your cooking skills.”

 

“I know,” I was smug about it.

 

“Your sausage is burnt.”

 

“Wait, what?!” I took the fork in his hand to check the sausage, “I cooked it perfectly and put it on the plate when…”

 

“Relax, I was joking.” Jun Ho started laughing and pinched my cheeks, “It’s good to tease you. You’re so adorable. Don’t worry. The food is delicious.”

 

I stared at him but could not help but start grinning at what he said. Maybe for a change, I was ready to become a real wife to Jun Ho. The thought of it made me happy and I looked forward to the day when we would actually get married – again.

 

“So Eun…”

 

His words brought me back to reality as I tilted my head to show my attention to him. He smiled lightly and took my hands and played with my fingers one by one. His touch sent electric current to my skin and my heart. It was amazing how he could make me feel that way even after so many years.

 

“I will take responsible for what I have done,” He said to me, clearly about the deed we done last night. I had never wanted him to do that since he had used protection and stuff. He added, “I mean, I will marry you one day as long as my career settles down and the time is right, I want you to be my wife again.”

 

I understood his point of view. Being an idol was not easy and idols don’t get married in their 20s. He had to think of his company, fans and members of 2PM. No more crazy antics like getting married early or settling down before things were good for us.

 

We were matured enough to do that.

 

I held his hand and nodded, “I understand, Jun Ho. My career is just taking off as well. I need some time to build up my acting career before I settle down too. Don’t worry. I can foresee things are going to get better from now on.”

 

Even though we wanted to make this moment longer, our happiness had to be cut short. Jun Ho had to leave for JYP to prepare for his 2 months trip to Japan and promote there. And he would be leaving tomorrow.

 

He put on his jacket and shoes as I tried to not cry from not seeing him for so long. He noticed my expression becoming darker. He kissed my forehead and gave me a hug, rubbing my back to sooth me, “So Eun, don’t worry, alright? 2 months will pass by very fast. I can always text you when I’m there.”

 

“I know, Jun Ho…” I nodded and released myself from the hug to see his face. I punched a fist in the air and smiled, “Fighting, 2PM! Fighting!”

 

“So Eun, fighting!” He replied and sighed. He leaned in closer and gave me a passionate kiss. I did not want to stop. Neither did him. However, he needed to go off before Park Jin Young gave him a good dressing down.

 

I closed the door after seeing him turning to the corner. I sighed and went back to my room. The room felt so lonely and empty now. I missed him already.

 

My phone rang and that jolted me to grab my phone and answer it. It was from my manager again. And then, I remembered the issue she told me before. I was hesitant but I could not avoid it forever, “Hello?”

 

“So Eun, have you considered about it yet? You don’t have an upcoming drama and this poses a very good opportunity for you.” My manager seemed to be panicking about it; maybe the director was pestering her to convince me.

 

I told her again, “But Manager Oppa, you have heard rumours about him with other female actresses. I don’t want to be in a bad light. I can get rich and famous but my image…”

 

“So Eun, your latest drama is not doing very well in ratings. Critics have said it is time for you to fall. You know you aren’t getting back up after Boys Over Flowers. You need a director who can help you. And Lee Dae Wook can help you.”

 

I stayed speechless and paced around the room.

 

“Look, So Eun. I’m your manager and I won’t harm you. I know he wouldn’t do anything. You have me to protect you. I’ll go with you everywhere so you won’t be alone with him, if you are afraid.” He tried to convince me again, “Please?”

 

I took in a deep breath and nodded, “Okay, I’ll take it.”

 

Hanging up the phone, I wanted to tell Jun Ho about my decision for my next drama. He would be pleased to know I would be involved in a new drama right? Even though he just left the house, I tried to call him.

 

It took about seven rings before he answered the phone, “Hello?”

 

“Jun Ho!”

 

I heard some music and people shouting in his background. Perhaps he had already reached the company and rehearsing now. Maybe I should not disturb him after all. He sounded tired from dancing. “Ah, So Eun? What is it?”

 

“Ah, just want to check on you…” I stuttered.

 

He laughed and said, “Acting like a wife already?”

 

“I’m not!” I denied.

 

Someone called Jun Ho to come back to practice. He replied, “I’m rehearsing right now and my flight is set for tonight at 9.”

 

“I see,” I decided not to tell him since he was busy, “Okay, Jun Ho. I shall not disturb you, goodbye!”

 

“So Eun!”

 

“Yes?”

 

He whispered, “I love you.”

 

I smiled at his tone, “I love you too.”

 

He put down the phone and I did too. Maybe next time then.