A Chance

First Love Turns Second

So Eun’s POV

 

We reached the studio where we would be meeting the Director. Honestly, I felt confident for the song we made so far. As a person who did not have much experience, I believed they would understand.

 

“Hello, sorry for coming when you all are working,” Jun Ho apologised like a gentleman.

 

They welcomed us warmly and offered us to sit down. “How is it? Is it going well?” The Director asked us, “It looks like you guys are suffering.” He was joking but I knew he was worried about the progress.

 

“Firstly, for the song, I’m not making excuses but there is not enough time,” Jun Ho confessed, “So although I made a melody, I couldn’t send it to So Eun early so because of that the lyrics are not done yet. But she did work hard during her drama filming by handwriting the lyrics down.”

 

I was surprised because Jun Ho was helping me, giving him reasons for the undone work. The Director nodded but asked, “Did you bring the sketching with you?”

 

“Yes, it’s in my phone.”

 

Jun Ho’s song was played in the studio. Would they like his melody?

 

“Firstly, you got the feeling down. It is not bad from here. The song came out better than expected.” He truthfully said. That comforted me a little bit.

 

“Alright, So Eun,” My ears perked up at the sound of my voice, “Read out what you have written.”

 

I read out nervously and tried reading their expressions – not good. Frowns began to form and they shook their heads. The Director admitted, “I have no idea what you are trying to say.”

 

“Oh, yes…” I agreed sadly.

 

“I really don’t understand what you’re trying to say.” The other director repeated, “You have no idea what content to put in right?”

 

“I did not have enough time so I wrote down little bit by bit…”

 

The Director interrupted, “I know you’re busy but since you have agreed to do it… You should have been more professional about it.” He sighed and shook his head again, “Like this, I feel that it is hopeless.”

 

The last sentence literally broke my heart. I felt like bursting into tears right away but I knew doing that would make me seem weaker. I held it in and listened to what they had to say.

 

“That’s because she hasn’t heard the melody before…” Jun Ho tried to help me again, “Even though the melody is not done, I am confident So Eun and I would make a great song. I still think it that way.”

 

“Now we’ll just need So Eun to do well,” The Director said coldly, “If So Eun doesn’t write well, the song can be refused too. Do well and finish the song.”

 

Jun Ho and I stood up and greeted the directors together, “Thank you for taking out your time.”

 

Jun Ho escorted me to the car first before leaving in his own car. He smiled at me and I returned the smile. I knew he was not convinced that I was perfectly okay. I felt apologetic to him – for getting him in trouble and also making him worrying for me.

 

The car stopped in front of our studio again but I told my manager, “Can I have some time on my own now? I don’t want to film right now.” My tears started rushing out like a tap to a point I could not speak another word. My manager agreed and left the car where I was alone to be allowed to cry on my own.

 

What seemed like five minutes, I felt someone knocking on the car door. The person knocked again. “Manager, I told you I need some time on my own. I’ll be out-“

 

The person did not hesitate to open the door and got in.

 

“What…”

 

Jun Ho closed the door and looked at me attentively. I hid away from his sight and turned towards the window to prevent him from seeing me cry. The last thing I wanted to do was for him to see me in this state – weak and vulnerable.

 

“So Eun,” Jun Ho tilted my face back to his vision, “Haven’t I told you you look hideous when you cry? Puffy eyes, swollen cheeks and wet face – not very appealing, aren’t they?”

 

I wished I was able to laugh at his attempt to make me smile but instead, I cried even louder. Perhaps it was because I felt relieved about showing my inner feelings to him so easily. He was the only person that had seen me in my worst state and that had never changed.

 

He started wiping my tears with his thumbs as he cupped my face, “Why? Why? Did I say something wrongly? So Eun-ah, don’t scare me!”

 

I lied on his chest and let my tears drenched his shirt. I grasped onto his outerwear tightly and did not hold back my tears no more. I sniffed, “Jun Ho, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for bringing you down.”

 

“You pabo-yah, I have never blamed you. You didn’t even drag me down. It’s just a matter of meeting an obstacle. Don’t worry, So Eun. We will overcome it together. Eventually, we will make the best song they can ever expect.” He hugged me and patted my shoulder gently that soothed me so well.

 

I shook my head and laid comfortably on his chest, not wanting to make any eye contact, “No, no. I should not have even accepted the schedule to do this. I’m not even a lyricist. You’re a professional composer but you had to accept this failure because of me.”

 

“No, I’m very glad you accepted this schedule,” Jun Ho denied, “It gives me the chance to see you again.”

 

I lifted my head to see him staring at me, “What did you say?”

 

“I didn’t say anything.”

 

“You liar,” I demanded.

 

Jun Ho sighed and wiped the last drop of tear that was hanging on my chin, “To tell you the truth, I was very happy when you did not reject this schedule. I honestly thought you would reject and avoid me at all costs. However, knowing that you didn’t, it gave me a sense of hope…”

 

He paused for a moment, “A sense of hope that maybe we will still have the chance.”0

-

 

Author's Note:

Hello readers, sorry for the delay in updating because life's been a wreck. I promise to update another chapter later when I get home from school. Love you all!