Freedom

First Love Turns Second

So Eun’s POV

 

It was finally the day of the recording and also five more days to the end of ‘Music and Lyrics’ filming. I sighed and clapped my hands as I looked forward to our fruit of the labour. Jun Ho was dressed nicely in a suit. I said to him, “We have come all the way to this point.”

 

That statement had double meaning that only both of us would know. He agreed and nodded. We were just talking in our own world until we heard a click at the door. I gasped and tapped him, “They’re here.”

 

We stood up in shock as Lee Jung came into the room. It was a moment of tension. I could feel Jun Ho was feeling nervous as well as he offered a seat to Lee Jung.

 

Jun Ho must be feeling the butterflies as it was his first time directing a senior. I sat behind Jun Ho to listen to the recording as well. Seeing the back of the working Jun Ho really made my heart flutter. Ah, this is what it is like to be a woman supporting her own husband working.

 

Seeing the way he directed also intrigued me. I could not help but be proud of his accomplishments in his career. Maybe being apart for a while did so much for us. It was fated for us to know each other back then, break up and then meeting up again as better halves.

 

After long hours of recording, it finally ended. We clapped and thanked Lee Jung for his hard work. The song turned out better than I thought. Maybe that was why Jun Ho suggested Lee Jung instead of singing it himself. However, as biased I might be, I still liked it better if Jun Ho sang it.

 

Jun Ho’s POV

 

It was the day when the song was put into the drama and also the second last day of filming. We had mixed feeling about it and the only times we spent together was in front of the cameras since we could not find time to meet up in between.

 

The two of us who worked hard together and believed in each other… this moment was more touching than ever. The directors were finally showing their genuine smile after a month of torturing us. It was a moment of confirmation and a moment of So Eun and I being closer as one.

 

♪ ♫ ♬

 

It was the last day of filming. I told the staffs that I wanted to plan this day for So Eun and I to go out on a ‘date’ together as means of celebrating the birth of our new song. I even took out the car and drove it.

 

I saw her waiting outside her company building and smiled. She looked extremely beautiful and breathtaking as usual. But on that day, with our good moods, she was even more beautiful than I imagined. This girl is mine. So Eun is mine.

 

Again, learning from the well-mannered Khun, I put on the seatbelt for her. She was not used to my gentleman side as she laughed at my antic. She should get used to me being like this.

 

“Tada!” She said cutely and took out a tumbler. I asked her what she prepared for me and she answered, “Something good for men… Raisin tree tea.” It was a type of tea good for the liver after drinking alcohol.

 

She started mentioning the ingredients used for the tea and I could tell it took a long time for her to brew it. I drank it and teased, “You’re in first place for an ideal wife.”

 

She laughed and looked away, “I brought it for you.” She was indirectly referring me to her husband, wasn’t it?

 

“In the first episode, you said you wanted to go to the beach, right?”

 

“We’re going to the beach?” She could not hide her excitement and raised her hands, “Let’s go!”

 

From the first day to the last, the first fluttery feelings had faded and in time to come, our chats had become longer and would not stop. After spending good and bad times together, it was getting closer to the times to reflect together and bid farewell.

 

We got off the car and I offered her to hook her hand around my arm. She accepted readily as we walked down the stairs together that led to the beach. I did not tell her we were going to the beach so she wore new shoes to the beach.

 

“Can you carry me from here to there?” She chuckled and was trying to joke with me. I knew she would not let me have it easy on this day.

 

“Get on.”

 

“No, no, I was joking.”

 

I told her to carry my bag as she hopped onto me. As expected, she was extremely light. What did you expect from a petite girl like So Eun?

 

She screamed and said, “So embarrassing…”

 

“You’re light!”

 

“Your bag is heavy…” Fancy her complaining about my bag when I was carrying her.

 

I put her down after we stepped on the harder sand nearer to the sea, “It’s our last vacation.”

 

“I think I’m going to cry…” She always said that to me. I wanted to tell her so much that I would here whenever she needed a shoulder to cry on but I passed it.

 

Instead, I said, “You’re indeed an actress…” I stopped walking and suggested, “Like I said in the car, do you want to film a music video?”

 

Without waiting for an answer, I took out a video camcorder and showed it to her, “I’m the director now. First, how shall we film it? Show a happy expression. I’ll film your backside as you run. And when you think it’s enough, with your acting intuition, turn around and laugh like this, ‘Ah!’”

 

“Laugh like ‘Hah?’” She mimicked me adorably and nodded, “Okay, I got it.”

 

I started filming when I said start. She did exactly what I told her to. I remembered when we dated during our teens, she mentioned to me she wanted to be an actress. At that moment, I was laughing at her, thinking it was impossible. She said she wanted to start by filming a music video and asked me to film her but I rejected her idea immediately, thinking it was a stupid idea.

 

But now, I gladly accepted what she wanted to do. Never would I thought, one day, she would actually be an actress and a good one indeed. I would never ever doubt her skills again and laughed at her dreams for her determination was what made her here – and meeting me again.

 

Seeing her achieving her dream as an actress made me really touched at her efforts because despite the miscarriage, she continued studying, living on without me and turned into acting.

 

“It’s the sea!” She said randomly.

 

“Turn around more!” I suggested. She gladly twirled like a little girl. I concluded filming this was still, after all, a stupid but fun idea, “What is this…”

 

“I’m like a girl who went crazy…” She lost her balance a little and came to me to look at the video. We watched it together and laughed.

 

And then, she suggested me doing the same and she was the director now, “I’m going. Ready… Action!”

 

I started running towards the beach and turned around laughing awkwardly at the camera. Even though I had done tons of music videos, this was the most carefree but embarrassing one. I started throwing sand in midair and acting crazy.

 

“Let’s film a happy one together!” She suggested.

 

I pointed the camera at us and we smiled. I placed my hand comfortably on her shoulder as she said hello to the camera, not really sure of what to do.

 

Next, she took a stick and I started filming. She pointed at me and said, “Jun Ho, film this well, I’m writing!” She proceeded to writing on the sand and I filmed her writing. As I realised what she had written, I was speechless.

 

So Eun   Jun Ho