Dilemma

First Love Turns Second

So Eun’s POV

 

“Wait till hyung finds out about this!” Woo Young grinned and looked at me from head to toe.

 

I stayed silent ever since I greeted him awkwardly at their room’s doorstep. Now we were sitting at the living room with me clenching the banana soft toy which was at the sofa.

 

“So Eun,” Woo Young called me and I tilted my head. He pointed at the banana soft toy and smiled, “That’s Chan Sung’s baby. You’re going to suffocate it.”

 

I released the soft toy immediately and laid it on the sofa, “I’m sorry!”

 

Jun Ho punched Woo Young’s shoulder and frowned, “Stop teasing her! And hyung isn’t going to know about us, understand?” I assumed hyung was referring to Park Jin Young. Woo Young seemed amused by Jun Ho’s punch instead of feeling pain. I swore the punch was hard enough to make me scream. They’re beast idols after all.

 

“Yah, Lee Jun Ho,” Woo Young argued, “How can you keep this a secret from us? So much for being brothers.”

 

His tone was just like a spoilt child but it hinted some maturity in there. I gave a weak smile and nodded. Jun Ho scratched his head and said, “We were just starting out. I wanted to tell you guys when we’re more stable.”

 

“Starting out and already bringing her into your room?” Woo Young exclaimed and shook his head, “Hey no, that’s our room!”

 

“We didn’t do anything inside!” I defended but got reminded of the kiss we shared earlier, “We were just talk- talking…” I stammered, mentally cursing myself for being such an idiot in front of a 2PM member.

 

Woo Young gave a bright smile and placed one shoulder on Jun Ho, “Well, I could tell you like her already so it isn’t a big secret anyway.”

 

“Liar.”

 

“Really! You have this feisty and nasty personality. You’re hot-tempered, easily agitated and like a child…” Woo Young pondered.

 

Jun Ho gave another punch but Woo Young  used Chan Sung’s banana soft toy to block it, “However, however, you have changed and became so cheerful nowadays ever since you filmed ‘Music & Lyrics’. It’s so apparent that the reason is because of So Eun.”

 

“That’s my friend. Please praise me in front of her more often,” Jun Ho nodded and had his arm around Woo Young’s shoulder. I could see the brotherly love between the two of them.

 

Woo Young leaned forward and smiled at me, “So Eun, be careful. Jun Ho has bipolar. He may flare up anyway. He’s not as sweet as you thi-“

 

Jun Ho covered Woo Young’s mouth and punched him a few times, “You nasty little-“

 

I started laughing and I could not control it. It was hilarious seeing the both of them converse. I leaned back and relaxed on the sofa, knowing that it was alright to let Woo Young in this secret. It was a huge relief because we did not have to be in this secret alone – at least I knew Woo Young would support us – and perhaps the other four members would too.

 

They finally stopped playing like little teenage boys and sighed. Woo Young laid on Jun Ho’s shoulder, unabashed of his own actions, “Jun Ho, I’m so envious.”

 

“I can introduce some of my showbiz friends if you want, Woo Young,” I spoke up.

 

Woo Young’s eyes lit up and he high-fived me, “Really? Oh, yes! Please do! Who do you know? Are they famous and pretty? I won’t settle for any one less pretty than you!”

 

Three of us continued to talk like normal friends until it was time for me to go.

 

♪ ♫ ♬

 

We bid goodbye to Woo Young who pouted and pleaded that I would visit again soon – hopefully to meet the other 2PM members who were not around that day. Jun Ho held my hand and led me to the car where he drove me home. Again, we talked in the car as if there were endless things for us to talk about.

 

I liked this feeling of being back with him again. When we divorced, life was like hell for me. My career had gotten so much better but to be honest, my life felt empty without him.

 

Having him back in my life was like having an old friend back but in a new perspective.

 

We were much older now, less childish and more matured. This paved a better route for us both as we were more matured in this relationship as compared to when we were teenagers. Although I never regretted the times we had before, I was confident that this time, it would be so much different.

 

He stopped in front of my house and I was reluctant to go out.

 

“Why? Aren’t you getting off?” Jun Ho teased.

 

“Are you dying for me to leave?” I frowned and crossed my arms.

 

Jun Ho chuckled and pinched my cheek as usual, “Aigo, my girl is unwillingly to see me go…”

 

“Who says so?” I pretended to give him a punch and unknowingly smiled at him, “I’ll see again. Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight, So Eun.” He waved goodbye as he watched me going into the house.

 

I was still grinning from ear to ear after he drove off. I sighed in happiness and sat on my couch. Suddenly, my phone rang and I picked it up to only find my manager calling me, “Hello?”

 

“Hello, So Eun? Are you busy right now?”

 

“No, what’s the matter?” I asked.

 

My manager seemed ecstatic but wary at the same time, “Ah, the company has found a new drama for you to audition after finishing Music & Lyrics. Even the director wants you to audition for it. He specially asked for you. It seems promising. The staff crew, writer, producer and… directors are known to nurture actors and actresses as rising stars.”

 

“Really? That’s great!” I exclaimed and did not even think about it, “Then I’ll go for it!”

 

“But…” She hesitated that made me worry.

 

“But what?” I asked.

 

She sighed and said, “I don’t think you should risk it. The director... is Mr Lee Dae Wook.”

 

I stopped speaking. Lee Dae Wook. He’s obviously a very good director who groomed actresses to stardom. However, the showbiz had rumours of him doing indecent acts with the actresses in order for them to be able to act in the dramas. Many actresses had turned it down and offended him. These actresses’ careers turned into dust because he was such an influence in the showbiz world. Those that succumbed to his lust had become popular.

 

I gripped onto my phone and bit my lips.

 

He specially asked for me. If I turned it down, I would offend him and my career might go haywire. If I accepted it, my morals and values would be destroyed.

 

Why did he have to choose me?

 

Why would I have to face this?

 

What should I do?