A New Start

First Love Turns Second

|2012|

 

“Hello everyone, we are 2PM!”

 

The fans screamed their lungs out as the six members of 2PM greeted themselves for the special fan-sign organised. The members had just finished performing their song “Hands Up” which was well-received in Korea and overseas.

 

They went to sit at their respective seats as they waited for the staff to open up the gates to allow their fans to go over to them for autograph signings. The fans waited enthusiastically as the staff started to make way and open the gates.

 

“Don’t you love fan signing?” Taec Yeon mentioned briefly to Jun Ho who was already ready with a pen.

 

“Of course,” Jun Ho took his pen and bit it slightly, “Look at all of the cheerful expressions on their faces. It’s simply priceless.”

 

Jun Ho never got bored of signing autographs for fans, even if they could take a few hundreds just doodling his signature again and again. His signature was the hardest to sign but never once did he do it sloppily.

 

It was almost reaching the hundredth fan he was signing for. His wrist and hand were getting strained from all the signings but he kept his smile on his face while making short conversations with his fans. He asked about their names and thanked them for waiting, even asking how their days went.

 

Again, came another fan who looked like she was around his age, she walked over to Jun Ho shyly and blushed. Jun Ho found her very intriguing as her eyes were sparkling with joy and embarrassment, making him interested in conversing with her a little longer.

 

“Hello, beautiful, what’s your name?” Jun Ho asked while he signed and waited for her answer.

 

“Eh?” The fan was surprised at his question and answered nervously, “My name is So Eun.”

 

Jun Ho’s expression became stiff and his hand stopped writing, “What? What did you say?”

 

“My name is Kim So Eun. Kim. So. Eun.” She repeated for him slowly and a little louder than before, thinking he did not catch what she said.

 

Jun Ho became stunned for a moment. The fan was curious as to why he was being so shocked after hearing her name. Taec Yeon nudged him repeatedly to signal him that he was taking too long to sign this fan’s autograph.

 

Jun Ho regained his senses and coughed awkwardly, “I’m sorry. Your name… is very beautiful as well.”

 

“I know, I have the same name as the actress in ‘Boys over Flowers’, Kim So Eun,” The fan giggled and bowed at Jun Ho, “Thank you, Oppa!”

 

Not forgetting a handshake, Jun Ho smiled back at her graciously.

 

The fan-signing ended and Jun Ho went backstage. He took a seat on the couch as the other members started to comment about the fans who attended today. He blanked out into his own thoughts and pondered about the fan a moment ago.

 

Her eyes. Her innocence.

 

 And most importantly, her name.

 

“Kim So Eun.” He whispered to himself, “Kim So Eun.”

 

Suddenly, his manager came into the room and interrupted the members’ conversation and announced something to the members, “Hello, boys. I have something to say – something relating to Jun Ho.”

 

Everyone turned to Jun Ho and Jun Ho widened his eyes in surprise, “Me?”

 

“Yes,” His manager smirked cheekily, “You have a new schedule.”

 

♪ ♫ ♬

 

“You! You nasty little thing!”

 

So Eun stood before the middle-aged lady with the daggered-looking eyes, with her finger pointed towards her. The lady clenched her teeth tightly and growled at So Eun, “You should have known better than to stay near to my son, idiot!”

 

After that deadly sentence, the lady gave a big tight slap across So Eun’s rosy cheek. So Eun stood stiffly without moving an inch but her cheek was getting redder every moment. With an expressionless face, her tears started to fall.

 

So Eun sobbed quietly but started to speak before the lady, “I’m sorry but I love your son. I cannot accept your request.”

 

The lady stayed dumbfounded by her words and became speechless. Her lips trembled with anger as So Eun bowed to her and left the scene, not forgetting to wipe her final tears away.

 

“Cut! That was very good.”

 

The director shouted and the crew started to pack up hastily as it was the last drama shoot of the day – or night to be exact.

 

The lady ran forward to So Eun and tapped on her shoulder, “So Eun!”

 

“Ah, yes?” So Eun smiled to her brightly as her make-up artist was trying to touch up on her make-up furiously.

 

The lady looked at her face and touched it gently, “I’m sorry for the slap just now. It must have hurt so badly. I’m sorry.”

 

So Eun gave the warm smile she always had, “Ah, it’s alright. I understand it’s just acting. Besides, it’s not painful at all. Don’t worry about it!”

 

“It’s good to hear that,” The lady smiled back unknowingly and admitted, “So Eun, you’re a sweet girl with so much talent in acting. You will definitely go far in life. Hwaiting.”

 

“Thank you.” So Eun replied generously with another bow.

 

“I should be heading back. Have a good rest, So Eun.”

 

So Eun watched the lady leave before going back to her seat and pack up her bag. She sighed and slapped her face lightly to wake herself up. It has been a really long night; she thought to herself, I wonder when I would get a proper rest after this drama.

 

After her fame from “Boys over Flowers”, casting calls were pouring in for her. Many had approached her for dramas and CF filming. Thus, she never had a proper breather. Her eye bags were showing but fortunately, make-up did do wonders to a person.

 

She sat down in her car as her manager was driving her home. The time was 3.45am but she could not get to sleep in the car. Thus, she decided to open the curtain of her car and looked at the scenery. Instead of scenery, she was looking at the busy streets of Seoul.

 

Some shops were still open at this timing. Upon the red light, the car stopped at a halt – right outside a body and skin care shop. So Eun’s face started to change as she realised the poster right at the window of the shop.

 

It was a poster of 2PM – the spokesperson for It’s Skin.

 

Of coure, who else could it be except the CF Kings?

 

Her eyes only focused on one single person and her mind started wandering off. She shook her head and closed the curtain, not wanting to be reminded of anything else.

 

“So Eun, are you still awake?” Her manager called her.

 

“Yes, I am.”

 

“Oh yes, I was going to tell you something but you were busy shooting just now,” The manager mentioned.

 

So Eun paused for a moment and asked, “What is it?”

 

“The company has just arranged you for another schedule.”

 

“But I’m currently filming for a drama now…”

 

“Ah, this one,” The manager cut her off, “This one isn’t a drama schedule.”