Contrast

First Love Turns Second

Jun Ho’s POV

 

“We’re here!” I yelled along with her and parked the car. I walked over to the tent she directed me to and commented, “It’s warm!”

 

“It’s warm, isn’t it?”

 

“I think coming here is great, I think my heart is going to burst.” How could this girl ever get any more adorable with her words? I thought she had matured but inside her was still this little teenager getting excited over little things.

 

“Really? That’s great!”

 

“What about you?” She asked.

 

“I like it too,” I told her truthfully.

 

“You like it?” Her smile brightened up.

 

“I like it so much.”

 

She started to remember my words, “But aren’t you hungry?”

 

“I’m totally hungry.”

 

“What do you like? Any type of food?” Ah, I had not tried her cooking in years. I missed it so much – especially that little dish we ate when we did not have many ingredients in our hands.

 

“Can you make kimchi fried rice?”

 

She chuckled and sighed, “Are you thinking too lightly of me?”

 

I laughed. I remembered it was the only dish she knew how to make properly when we were married. I bet her skills improved over the years.

 

“Should I do it?” She spoke confidently.

 

She started preparing the ingredients and was amazed at her skills. She used to scream and not dare touch the knives but now, she could even cook with her eyes closed. I was mesmerised by the way she cooked. I snapped out of reality when she asked me a question, “Do you like girls who can cook?”

 

“It’ll be great if she can,” I said.

 

She took out a heart-shaped tool to fry eggs in it, “Ta-da, I brought this from home! Cute, right?”

 

I giggled, “It’s cute.”

 

We were done cooking and we sat down at another corner of the tent to have our very late lunch. “It looks yummy, let’s try it.” She said and placed all the utensils down. She had cooked two eggs from the heart-shaped tool and said, “You take the pretty one, I take the ugly one.”

 

“I feel bad eating it.”

 

The food she cooked was awesome, it was better than before but it brought back the feeling of familiarity. The times we had during the difficult times and when a plate of kimchi fried rice could make our sadness disappear – even if it was just a while.

 

We ate fruits as desserts but I remembered one of the reasons we came here, “While we’re eating fruits, we should fix the lyrics.”

 

She clapped her hands and agreed.

 

“With the same theme, you wrote two versions, so I think if we can slowly pick out which ones are good and mix them together. Mix the lyrics the way we want.” I explained to her and she started to go into the serious mood of a lyricist.

 

After a while, she started to get distracted again, “Do you want a drink? A warm drink?”

 

“What? You really prepared a lot!” I was shocked to hear that she prepared drinks as well. She was so impressive.

 

She brought a kettle out and sat down. I stopped my humming and asked her, “What? What’s that?”

 

“Coffee!”

 

“Wait a minute! Don’t drink this!” I stood up and told her, “I bought something.” She was amazed and I took something out of my bag proudly, “If you want to drink coffee, you should drink the original – Coffee from Ethiopia!”

 

I bought that coffee when I went to visit my dongsaeng that I adopted from there.

 

“Do you want to try it?” I did not want to force her, she might not like it, “Very strong. Very thick.”

 

I had not tried it before but acted as if I had. I did not want to be embarrassed in front of her. I took a full spoonful and put into my cup. She asked, “Are you sure you are supposed to put that much?”

 

“Oh, no?” I was confused.

 

I put a little for her and placed the hot water into the cups. Her face turned dull and she said, “It’s grainy. Is it supposed to be this grainy?”

 

“Yes…” I said unconfidently.

 

“Are you sure? It’s gritty!”

 

“It is…” I gave up after realising I was wrong about the coffee.

 

I took a look at the coffee bag and realised it was drip coffee. She stared at me with those dagger eyes and became speechless. She mumbled under her breath, “Jun Ho, you heodang (person who is easily confused)!”

 

So Eun’s POV

 

We resumed working and started to change the lyrics. I was grateful for Jun Ho. He did not have to help me with the lyrics but he was doing extra work for me. I was touched.

 

“I keep on listening… You wrote the bridge at the very front right?” He asked and started singing the part of the song to himself. I sang along with him until he questioned, “Should we change this part from ‘flows’ to ‘passes’? It suits more.”

 

“Well, I think ‘flows’ is good,” I replied him. I knew what I was looking for in a song and I hoped he would not change it because I was determined to remain that part of the lyrics.

 

“Don’t you think the pronunciation is better? Think about it.” He was not giving up on his stand as well.

 

I felt a little pissed for him to not trust my judgement so I stayed quiet.

 

Minutes passed and I spotted another part that I wanted his opinion on. “Do you think ‘hesitating’ fits in this part? What is your feeling towards this?” I asked and looked up at him.

 

“I think ‘hesitating’ does not fit.” He said without considering my feelings, being straight forward as usual.

 

Yet again, my feelings were hurt. I knew we should be professional about the whole composing and song writing but he was really forgetting the fact that I was his girlfriend too. I nodded but my face could not hide the fury and sadness inside me.

 

I sat back to my seat, taking the papers up to my lap. He seemed to notice my displeasure and encouraged me lightly, “Fighting!”

 

“The composer is so picky,” I mumbled.

 

He sat up and replied, “Of course, we’re professionals.”

 

Jun Ho’s POV

 

Like this, staying at this place for a long place, we finally completed the song lyrics. The cameras were turned off to give everyone on set a break. The staffs went to a nearby restaurant to have dinner and both of us stayed behind since we had eaten a while ago.

 

Now, we were alone.

 

I peeked at So Eun who was quiet ever since the staffs went off. I felt a little guilty for my attitude earlier but I could not help myself. When it came to work and song writing, I could not mix it with personal feelings. I went over to her and nudged her shoulder, “My cute little So Eun, are you angry?”

 

“Why? Why should I be angry with you?” She said indifferently.

 

She was obviously upset with me. I back hugged her with my arms around his waist. She jolted and struggled from my hug, “Yah, what if the staffs see this?”

 

“Eh, they’re already out for dinner,” I chuckled.

 

So Eun pushed me away gently and giggled, “No, it tickles.”

 

I laughed at her shyness and placed one hand over her shoulder and sat her down, “So Eun-ah, I’m sorry for treating you like this. Remember when I say we have to be professional about it? I can’t help but to be picky.” I sighed, “I am even picker than this but I held it in because of you.”

 

She smiled and pinched my nose which made me cried for pain, “Alright, I understand.” She crossed her arms and answered, “I’m not the petty and little So Eun you knew before. Besides, I’m your noona!”

 

I stuck my face close to hers and hugged her playfully, “Yes, noona!”

 

A/N:

Another update from me for this story! I'm not kidding when I say I'm going to update this often. I hope so, pray! :)