Tension

First Love Turns Second

So Eun’s POV

 

I walked around the room like maybe for a thousand of times. I was alone in the room and the computer screen was still flashing the news of Mr Lee and me. I turned it off and sat on the bed in panic. I watched the time passed and realized my plane to Seoul had already taken off.

 

It was not important anymore because I could not go back Seoul right now. As expected, my doorbell rang and I did not hesitate to open it.

 

My manager came in without a word. He had his arms crossed. He sighed heavily as I looked down with sorry. I knew he was a man of few words but seeing him speechless was a first. Finally, when he calmed down, he said, “I need you to tell me the truth.”

 

“Trust me, there’s nothing between us.”

 

“Explain the pictures then.”

 

I gulped and explained to him about my strained relationship with Jun Ho and how we met in Japan, also about Mr Lee contacting me to go Japan with him for the meeting and him bringing me back after I was drunk. I did not miss out anything at all. I needed his help the most right now.

 

“What happened after he brought you back?”

 

I waved my hands at him, “Nothing happened. I swear. He simply brought me back and tugged me in bed. He left right after that. The next morning, I got a call from him about the news. And then, I got your call as well, saying that you’re coming.”

 

He seemed to get more frustrated, “The public will not forgive you for this. Your image is ruined. Mr Lee is known to be… The fact that the Japanese producers had approved of you has made the whole situation a lot worse. People are going to judge that you did something to obtain the role.”

 

“I know… I know…” I did not need him here to say things that I had already known.

 

He shook his head and said, “You should have told me about the meeting! I could have prevented all of these. You just had to make your own stupid decisions!”

 

Both of us turned quiet after his words. I felt my tears in my eyes but I did not want to cry.

 

He came over and gave me a warm hug, “Forget it. It has happened. I’ll be here to help you. Don’t cry, So Eun. The last thing you should do now is to cry and be weak.”

 

I nodded, thankful for his words.

 

“Have you contacted Jun Ho?”

 

That question threw me off completely. Of course the first person I thought of was Jun Ho. He had tried calling me since last night but I was too drunk to receive the calls. This morning, I spotted more missed calls but everything was too chaotic to answer them. Besides, the last person I would want to meet was him. I knew he was going to shout at me for being stupid and ignorant again.

 

“No, I haven’t.”

 

“He deserves an explanation as well, So Eun. You two are a couple and this will make the relationship worse if you avoid him.”

 

“But… He wouldn’t listen…” I stuttered, giving an excuse for avoiding him.

 

“I can help you talk to him and arrange a meeting. For now, I have to meet Mr Lee and discuss on how to solve this problem without making it a big issue… although it is already is.” He said the last phrase unnecessarily. He sighed and continued, “It’s best if you stay in Japan now. The reporters will be crowding at Seoul to interrogate you.”

 

“Thank you, Oppa…”

 

Jun Ho’s POV

 

Woo Young had been giving me stares since the start of the rehearsals. I avoided his eyes and pretended nothing was wrong. The members had been trying to cheer me up even though I assured them I was fine.

 

I was not at all fine.

 

Her manager just called me to arrange a meeting together with her. I was elated to see her again but was disappointed it was not her who contacted me of her own accord. Her manager said they needed time to clarify everything before she could meet me. It could be days or even weeks. I did not know. When I asked him about the truth, he said it would be better if So Eun explained everything to me herself when we met.

 

Exasperated to know the truth, I could not help but wonder what actually happened that night. No wonder she did not pick up my calls, she was busy drinking and having her time with that Mr Lee. I remembered helping her with the drinks during ‘Music and Lyrics’ filming. And now, she was at a bar with a director in an unfamiliar country.

 

“Jun Ho, I know So Eun wouldn’t be such an actress. You know that, right?” Woo Young had his hand on my shoulder and assured me.

 

I smiled a little for him and said, “I know that, Woo Young. Don’t worry about me. Our concert is tonight and we don’t have time to think about other things. Let’s concentrate.”

 

Finally, her manager was the one who contacted me instead of her. I was angry that she did not want to speak to me for herself. As much as I wanted to scream at her, her words kept ringing in my ears.

 

“You have been so busy with your schedule and when we talked, I listened to you all the time. Since when did I have the chance to talk to you about my plans? All you mention was your concert and you never even bothered to ask about me and my life!”

 

Having mixed feelings of our relationship right now was making me uneasy. I wished I could stay cool and evaluate the rumours carefully. I did not want to end up quarreling again. I did not want to end up making things up. However, another part of me confessed that maybe she was indeed doing something wrong behind my back.

 

Her manager had arranged me to meet her late at night after my schedule and according to him, she agreed. I knew it was inevitable for us to meet again and honestly, I was afraid.

 

At this moment, the members were comforting me from time to time. I hated feeling so weak in front of them. I did not want to break down or flare up because I knew they cared about me. However, the over-caring approach was driving me crazy.

 

“Stop it! Damn it! Stop it! I’m fine. I’m more than fine. Stop comforting me! I’m not a helpless young girl crying for help!”

 

I could not bear it anymore. The members looked at me speechlessly and avoided my eyes. Woo Young’s disappointed expression made me guilty for my words. I sighed and said calmly, “I’m sorry.”

 

Leaving the room, I felt my head going dizzy. Hiding myself at the staircases, I plopped down and sat on the stairs. As I was processing my thoughts on how to deal with the situation, I heard my phone rang.

 

An unexpected call.

 

A/N: Oh my god, guys I'm really sorry for delaying this fanfic! T_T I really have a very serious case of writer's block for this story and I'm disappointed at myself. I don't want to make any promises anymore but I am dying to finish this story. And sorry for not returning the comments, I hardly go on this website since I was busy with work and replying through my phone lags like crap ugh!