Second Love

First Love Turns Second

|2012|

 

So Eun’s POV

 

“Jun Ho?”

 

I stepped into the studio and panted heavily. I scanned around the surroundings for him but not even the lights were . We promised to meet her half an hour ago but he was nowhere in sight.

 

I felt a little pissed because he told me he was already here but he was nowhere to be seen. I was about to go into the studio but a black cloth enveloped my eyes. “What the…” I was about to curse until I felt two familiar hands on my shoulders.

 

“Shh, it’s me, Jun Ho,” Jun Ho hissed softly.

 

I laughed slightly to show that I was relieved to know he was here, “What are you doing? It’s already late at night, I don’t think I need any more darkness.”

 

“Let’s not stay in this studio today.”

 

“But what about our so-“

 

“Let’s go out for some inspiration, alright?” Jun Ho suggested.

 

I nodded but my eyes were still covered with the cloth and I was in total darkness, “Sure but what’s with the cloth? I can’t see anything like this, Jun Ho.”

 

“It’s a surprise.”

 

♪ ♫ ♬

 

I felt him bringing me outdoors but how could he do that without attracting any attention? Even though we were outside, I did not hear any sound or voices. There seemed to be no one outside – which was almost impossible in Seoul anyway.

 

Slowly, he brought me to a halt and held my two hands. He sighed and said, “Okay, So Eun, you can take off your blindfold.”

 

I did as told and opened my eyes for the first time.

 

Covering my mouth in amazement, the first thing I saw was a field of flowers with a path leading to a small shelter at the front. Pretty lights were placed along the path and soft music was played. The second thing that amused me was the venue of the place he brought me to – it was our old high school.

 

He had built a little garden at the back of the school where we first met. Of course, the school was quiet since it was almost midnight. I could not take my eyes off the scene and grabbed onto his hand tightly. I finally responded, “What is all these about?”

 

He did not say a word and took my hand to walk through the path. Finally, we reached to the shelter where candles were placed in a shape of a heart.

 

He rose his hand up and said, “I, Lee Jun Ho, take you, Kim So Eun, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.”

 

Jun Ho turned to look at me and widened his eyes, signalling me to do the same. I could not help but giggle, “I, Kim So Eun, take you, Lee Jun Ho, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.”

 

To think I was able to recite every single word perfectly even though I said that many years ago.

 

“Now, you may kiss the bride,” Jun Ho imitated and tried to go forward and give me a sloppy kiss.

 

I gently slapped his chest and back away, “Yah, Lee Jun Ho!”

 

“I’m just kidding,” He chuckled as he saw my face turning red.

 

“Yah, Jun Ho, what is all these about? I’m serious…” I asked again.

 

Suddenly, he turned serious and that made me nervous a little. He held my hands tightly and kissed them briefly, “I met your father days ago.”

 

My smile disappeared.

 

“I know everything,” He said to me, “I’m sorry, So Eun. If I have known, things wouldn’t have turned out this way.”

 

“You mean you know about the mis…” I was unable to complete my sentence. Even though it had been many years, the nightmare of it continued to haunt me. I could not get over that fact and I would never will.

 

Jun Ho nodded and his eyes looked away from mine.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He questioned but in a very gentle and sad manner.

 

“I couldn’t.”

 

He sighed and my hair, “I know it’s useless to say this. I wish I could turn back in time and re-do everything. I wish I hadn’t hurt you. I wish I was a better husband. But now, it’s too late.”

 

He continued, “Therefore, all I want to do now is to make full use of the present and treat you better in the future… if you would give me the chance to do so.”

 

He looked around and said, “All these… were what you wanted from me. A surprise event, a wedding outdoors filled with flowers with your favourite music. All these that I had promised to give to you, I did not fulfill.” Then, he turned to look at me, “Today, I want to let you know I still want to have the chance to do the things I failed to do six years ago.”

 

He took out something from his pocket – a small box.

 

Jun Ho opened the box to reveal a sparkling heart-shaped diamond ring. I covered my mouth in surprise. “Jun Ho…” I stuttered as he knelt down on one knee.

 

“So Eun, I couldn’t afford a simple wedding ring back then. Now that I can, I want to hand this over to you. It’s a different situation but the feelings are still the same…” Jun Ho said sincerely, “So Eun, I know marriage is not possible now but…”

 

“I still love you,” He confessed. Instead of the usual ‘would you marry me’, Jun Ho asked another question, “Would you accept me again?”

 

Seeing his perfect features which had never changed since high school, the person that he was before and now was still the same or perhaps more matured. My heart could not help but waver at the sincerity of his words and actions.

 

Maybe this time, it would be different.

 

He was my first love and turned out; he was also my second love.

 

Even if they were the same person, would the outcome be eventually the same? Maybe not.

 

Maybe God was telling me it was not our time to be together six years ago and now was the time we should be together.

 

After a long pause, I nodded and said yes.

-

 

Author's Note:

Hey guys, sorry for the late update. And to add on, I'll be away during the weekends so update will be on Monday! Continue to support and read other awesome fanfics out there as well, alright? :) Thank you (from the bottom of my heart).