Wander

First Love Turns Second

Jun Ho’s POV

 

After more than two weeks of hectic song writing, today was the day we finally got a breather. My composer allowed me to go out with So Eun. So Eun showed me the car she brought. “Wow, did you prepare this?” I asked her.

 

“Yeah, I did. Have you eaten?”

 

“I haven’t eaten…”

 

“Since it’s so cramped down here, let’s go outdoors, in the open space, eat…” She stuttered a little and did not dare to look straight into my eyes when I was paying attention to her clothing, expression, hair and words.

 

“You really prepared a lot while coming here, didn’t you?” I asked her, amazed by what she could do for me. It was barely a week since we got back together again and maybe she felt the need to do something for me after the event I did at our old school.

 

“Feel the wind…” She ignored my words.

 

I her hair gently and repeated my question, “You really prepared a lot huh?”

 

She became speechless and blushed when I did that. I got into the car after getting her bag from her. Even in the car, I began to start chuckling, “Ah, what are you? Why did you prepare so much?” However, I liked this side of her though – being initiative and a surprise to me.

 

She started driving and led me to where she wanted us to spend time together, “This is the first time I’m driving with a guy beside me like this.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Really.”

 

I looked out at the window, pondering whether she was lying to me. Did she have another guy after we divorce? I had not asked her that question before but I should let it slide for today – just today.

 

“Then I’m the first for you then?” I asked playfully. The word ‘first’ seemed very special to the both of us. She was my first love. Thus, everything that I should do for a girlfriend was done with her first, making it very special.

 

She remained cool and answered, “You’re receiving luck.”

 

I laughed at her comment.

 

We stopped at the gas station to exchange seats so I could drive her instead. After all, a man should at least do this. She took out another bag and I looked to see. She asked me, “Do you like tangerines?”

 

“I love tangerines.”

 

Without a word, she naturally fed me a piece of tangerine as I drove. I had wanted to do this with my girlfriend and I could never imagine the girlfriend would be So Eun, again. “It’s sweet, it’s yummy. Did you buy it yourself?” I asked her.

 

She merely smiled and kept feeding me with tangerines, “Is it too big?”

 

“No, my mouth is big!”

 

We continued driving and I realised the path I was on before, reminding me about the incident I had that she did not know of – meeting her father. “After a little bit, it’s near your home,” I told her casually.

 

She seemed taken aback when I mentioned that to her. After that she caught on and joked, “Do you want to come in?”

 

“Sure, should I go in and greet formally?” I played along with her.

 

“Since it’s Saturday, my whole family is there.” I still remember the names of her family and relatives. They were sceptical of me beforehand but after that, they all started to accept me wholeheartedly… until the divorce, that was.

 

She added, “I was writing at home but coming out now, it’s nice.”

 

“You shouldn’t sit at home and write,” I taught her since I had been there before, “You should come out and play. Get some inspiration.”

 

“Come out and play…” She mumbled and started to wave her hands up high, “Come out and play! I’m liking it! I like to go out and play.”

 

“Now that you see it, it seems fun right?”

 

“Yeah, we’re out to play! I’m so excited!” She exclaimed and jumped in her seat. Somehow, I saw the 17 year old So Eun in her again. It was a pleasure to see her happy. I was, too, for this was the first official date we had after getting back together.

 

I was sure it was going to be a memorable first date.

 

“I keep on filming and my drama filming ended at 2AM. I went into the café with my manager and wrote until 5AM.” She told me with a depressing tone.

 

I sighed heavily, hurt to hear that she had worked so hard for it.

 

“But at that time there were so many couples, while looking at those coupels…” She trailed off and ended off with a joking tone, “I want to date too!”

 

“Date?”

 

“Aren’t there any good guys out there?” She asked me.

 

Damn, So Eun, you’re going to be the death out of me.

 

She was trying to play with my feelings right now.

 

“You can date.” I replied her.

 

“But there are no good guys out there!” She whined.

 

I knew what she wanted but there were cameras in the car so I could not reveal our relationship right now. I kept a straight face and said, “Good guys. I’m great! I’m totally great! I’m a bit great.” I started laughing when things got awkward, “Sorry.”

 

“Nah, it’s okay.”

 

However, I did not want to let go, “I’m not bad. I’m alright. I’m above normal.”

 

She snickered.

 

When I was driving, I suddenly halted to a stop when the car in front didn’t warn before stopping. Like it was a natural reaction, I had my non-driving hand over to So Eun’s side and blocked her from danger. She was shocked and grabbed onto my arm securely.

 

She coughed and said, “In this great weather, I really want to wash my car.”

 

I was confused by her absurd comment. I guessed she was feeling nervous from my protection before that she started saying random things. Idiot, So Eun.

 

All of a sudden, she yelled in excitement and pointed to the right, “Ah, it’s here! It’s here! Camping grounds!”

 

“Camping grounds?”

 

So Eun, you had officially hit beyond my expectations.

 

A/N:

Hello everyone, I'M BACK FOR THIS STORY!!! *bows* I'm so sorry for neglecting this fanfic since last year October, I truly am. Nevertheless, I have more time right now so I'm back writing and hopefully finishing this story. I had to go back and read my story because I forgot where I stopped. I think that's the case for you too, right? I feel very bad for ignoring this fanfic. Thank you for waiting. :')

In case you are wondering what I am up to now, I'm currently busy with a new fanfic: Masks and Handcuffs. It's a totally different genre from what I have written so far. Challenging but fun.