The Storm

To Teacher, From Student, With Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVkKARkVdAU

K. Will- Love is Punishment

-----

The sun slowly filled in the room and lit everything up. A couple hours after dawn, Sohee’s eyes fluttered open. Her first thought was wondering why she was sleeping in the living room. Then she looked down and saw a pair of arms wrapped tightly around her from behind. She glanced at the long, nimble fingers and knew who they belonged to immediately. A soft smile crept on her face.

The moment was euphoric and peaceful. She wished the time stopped right then and there.

*It will just be me, Jung Sohee, not Teacher Jung. And it will be Niel, not my student Ahn Daniel.* Sohee wanted to wash before Niel could see her morning face. Carefully, she detached his arms from around him. Holding her breath, she sat up slowly. Sohee glanced back. Niel was fast asleep. She smiled and stood up.

Right when she took a step, a hand held her back. Sohee looked back to see Niel with one eye open.

“Y-you were awake?”

Wordlessly, he used his grasp on her wrist to haul himself up. His hair looked like a haystack, and she had to hold back her laughter. Niel stretched with both eyes closed, scratched his head, and yawned.

“Maybe you should go back to sleep.” Sohee cracked a smile.

Niel opened one eye and peeked up at her. “Oh my god!” He suddenly shielded his eyes.

Her smile slipped. “What’s wrong?” *Oh my gosh. Don’t tell me my no make-up face terrified him.*

“Why are you so beautiful even in the morning! I’m blind by your gorgeousness!” Niel shrieked.

Sohee blinked a couple times then laughed. “What are you saying?”

He grinned up at her. “You’re so silly.” She shook her head.

Niel stood up and towered above her. “Can I get a good morning kiss?” He lowered his head.

Sohee blushed and looked away. “Hey!” Niel complained.

“Go brush your teeth first.” She said. He touched his pouty lips and winked.

“I forgot about morning breath. Be right back! You owe me that kiss!” Niel rushed into the bathroom.

Sohee shook her head with a smile. *Ridiculous boy. Well that ridiculous boy is mine.* Her expression softened. It felt new and nice thinking like that. Her smile grew wider. Niel hopped into the bathroom and looked for an extra toothbrush. He noticed two toothbrushes in the cup. Seeing his toothbrush next to hers made his heart glow. *We really are a couple now.*

“HECK YES!” Niel whooped and pumped his fist. He slapped a hand over his mouth and glanced around. With a clear of his throat, he fixed his hair and grinned in the mirror. He was ecstatic. There were no words to describe how joyous he felt right now. It was not everyday that he got the woman of his dreams. He hadn’t even believed in love until Sohee appeared in his life.

Whistling a happy tune, Niel took out a towel and washed his face.

Sohee was fixing breakfast when the doorbell rang. She froze. *Who can that be? Niel is already here. Who else would come on a Sunday morning?* Heart pounding in fretfulness, Sohee quietly crept towards the door. Swallowing in dread, she turned the monitor on. A loud gasp emitted from between her lips. *Please tell me that isn’t who I think it is.*

“Teacher, are you home?” The woman smiled as she held out a bag. “I brought porridge for you.”

*I can’t believe a student’s parent is here…when Niel is also.* Sohee stared at the screen in horror.

“Hello? Teacher.” Mrs. Yoon, the mother of Yoon Jay, knocked again.

Sohee glanced back. She heard the sink still running. *Hopefully, Niel won’t come out soon. I can’t send away the parent like this when she came all the way here to give me something.* With trembling fingers, Sohee opened the door.

“Teacher Jung! You were home!” Mrs. Yoon smiled brightly.

Sohee forced to smile widely. “Mrs. Yoon. What a…surprise.”

“I’m sorry I came unannounced.” She laughed. “But Jay told me you were sick on Friday.”

Sohee remembered the coughing fits and feverish look two days ago because of a certain someone. “Oh. No, I wasn’t.” She shook her head.

“Oh. Well he told me he thought you were coming down with something, so I made you some porridge.” Mrs. Yoon stated.

“Oh, well I would love porridge. I don’t know how to make good porridge myself. I’m sure yours will be scrumptious.” Sohee nodded.

Mrs. Yoon giggled in delight. “Oh, it’s nothing. I did inherit some cooking skills from my mother, though.” The problem with this parent was that she never knew when to stop talking. Sohee had encountered this issue at the home conference also. The seconds ticked by. It felt like a bomb would explode any moment.

Finally, Sohee had to cut Mrs. Yoon off. “I’m sorry to stop you, but actually, I was about to go somewhere. Thank you for the porridge.”

“Oh, it’s no problem at all! Make sure to heat it up before you eat it!” Mrs. Yoon advised.

“Thank you.” Sohee bowed and tried to shut the door, but Mrs. Yoon added, “Don’t heat it up in the microwave! Heating by the stove is better!”

“Yes, yes.” Sohee almost successfully closed the door, but Mrs. Yoon babbled on about proper heating requirements.

*When will she stop talking?!* Sohee thought desperately. “I think I get it. Goodbye-“

“Ssem, where do I put the towel?” Niel came out of the bathroom.

Mrs. Yoon finally stopped talking, but it wasn’t for a good reason. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. Both Sohee and Mrs. Yoon looked up. Niel came over and halted. Everyone froze. No one uttered a noise. *.* Niel thought. *Oh no. This was what I was afraid of.* Sohee felt dread curl in the pit of her stomach and wanted to puke by the awful situation. Mrs. Yoon wouldn’t stop staring at Daniel. Her face was pale, and she wasn’t giddy anymore.

Mrs. Yoon turned her head to Sohee. Sohee flinched under her judging gaze.

“W-what is Ahn Daniel doing in your house, teacher? This early in the morning? Coming out of your bathroom…? Isn’t he your student?” Mrs. Yoon inquired.

*Yes, he is my student, and I fell in love with him.* The truth would only exacerbate the situation.

“I can’t believe you!” Mrs. Yoon hissed accusingly. “I thought you were a good teacher! Jay always talked about how smart and sweet you were to your students! Was this the reason?! To bring them to your bed?!”

“Hey.” Niel snapped with acerbic eyes. “Don’t talk that way to her.”

“I’ve had enough!” Mrs. Yoon yelled in outrage. She stormed out of sight.

“No, wait! Mrs. Yoon! Mrs. Yoon!” Sohee ran towards her and grabbed her arm. “M-Mrs. Yoon! T-this is a mistake! It’s not what it looks like! Please!” But she wouldn’t listen to Sohee and just walked into the elevator. “Mrs. Yoon!” Sohee shouted. The elevator doors shut in her face. *Oh God. What just happened?* Sohee leaned against the wall and slumped onto the ground.

Niel ran out and crouched in front of her. “Ssem, you okay?”

Sohee didn’t know. All she felt was numb and frightened.

“Wait here. I’ll try to talk to Jay’s mom.” Niel ran down the staircase.

Sohee stared ahead of her with a grief-stricken face. She could see her whole career going down the dra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter